It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rothschilds: A Waning Influence or Still Strong?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The Rothschilds, the legendary Jewish family of incredible wealth, powerful influences in finances and politics of long ago, haven't been much in the news in the last couple decades, except for few highlighted items.

Is the legendary influence of the European and English Rothschilds of today waning? Or is it still strong but remains kept to the background as it has always been for years?

As far as I know, there's Lord Jacob Rothschild of England and Sir Evelyn Rothschild as well; there's also the 40+ years old Baron Benjamin de Rothschild of France. I'm uncertain of other Rothschild families in Italy, Austria and Germany.

I do not know how much wealth the entire Rothschild families in Europe, England and more recently North America, accumulated in their entire networth? One source claimed its entire networth, if compounded in today's dollars from 1850 value, could be US$491 trillions! However, I founded that to be highly improbable, as there's no sufficient auditing and accounting estimation so far on the whole Rothschilds' accumulated wealth.

There are other European and British families considerably more wealthier or more influential than the Rothschilds today, as far as the media and other sources reported.

In your opinion, are the political and financial influences of the Rothschilds waning or still waxing today?

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Bump. To keep this thread in the attention span of the ATS members.

C'mon, people. There are some among you who may know more or better than I do on the Rothschilds.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
They make some decent wine! (www.lafite.com...)

Seriously, if you want a non conspiracy nut history of the Rothschild family up to the present, look here: en.wikipedia.org...

Dae

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
stop dealing with gold last year? They are still busy, doing things they usually do I expect.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Great post the_oleneo!
I'm also really interested in the modern role of the Rothschilds. (Made me join the forum) I found this great link that might interest you washingtontimes.com...
Occasionally they do pop up in the news.

Also according to conspiracy researcher Sherman Skolnick the Rothschild and the Rockefellers are in a war for world domination. John D. Rockefeller died under strange circumstances (assassinated?) on the road to his upstate New York mansion in 1978. Eighteen years later the top French Rothschild, Jacob committed suicide (revenge?) in his Paris hotel room.

IMO if we know their names (Rothschild, Rockefeller, Delano, etc.) they are rich, yes, but not the highest ranking members of the Illuminati. (Or whatever you wish to call THEY) The true rulers are unknown and have no desire for celebrity status.

It is interesting to note that the great Rothschild fortune began in 1806 when the Elector of Hesse went into exile.
www.rothschild.info.../chistory2-1
Apparently the Rothschild made great interest on the sum entrusted to them (some say stole). Now my question what about the descendant of the Hesses? If just the interest on a small part of their fortune was enough to create a dynasty as great as the Rothschild, what happen to their vast wealth??

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
Great post the_oleneo!
I'm also really interested in the modern role of the Rothschilds. (Made me join the forum) I found this great link that might interest you washingtontimes.com...
Occasionally they do pop up in the news.

Thanks for the link.

Also according to conspiracy researcher Sherman Skolnick the Rothschild and the Rockefellers are in a war for world domination. John D. Rockefeller died under strange circumstances (assassinated?) on the road to his upstate New York mansion in 1978. Eighteen years later the top French Rothschild, Jacob committed suicide (revenge?) in his Paris hotel room.

You mean John D. Rockefeller III? He died in an automobile accident in 1978. His son is now the Senator of West Virginia. I do not the full story behind the French Rothschild who committed suicide.

IMO if we know their names (Rothschild, Rockefeller, Delano, etc.) they are rich, yes, but not the highest ranking members of the Illuminati. (Or whatever you wish to call THEY) The true rulers are unknown and have no desire for celebrity status.

Only David Rockefeller and Lord Jacob Rothschild are the most influential men at the very top of the world.

It is interesting to note that the great Rothschild fortune began in 1806 when the Elector of Hesse went into exile.
www.rothschild.info.../chistory2-1
Apparently the Rothschild made great interest on the sum entrusted to them (some say stole). Now my question what about the descendant of the Hesses? If just the interest on a small part of their fortune was enough to create a dynasty as great as the Rothschild, what happen to their vast wealth??

The name, Rothschild, wasn't the family's actual surname in the beginning. It was Bauer.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   

You mean John D. Rockefeller III? He died in an automobile accident in 1978. His son is now the Senator of West Virginia.

Ya, that John D., I'm not sure of the circumstances surrounding his death, I was just reporting what Mr. Skolnick wrote. If you (or anyone) have more info I'd love to know. (I love this kind of stuff)

Only David Rockefeller and Lord Jacob Rothschild are the most influential men at the very top of the world.

It sure seems that way (at least from my prolean POV) but could they actually be figureheads? Do they have to answer to anyone?

My question is this: Do you think there is a greater power behind the Rothschilds? If their power is waning as you suggested, then who is stepping in? (And I don't think we can rely on Fortune MAgazine to fills us in)

[edit on 20-5-2005 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I know many American Rothschilds and some from Australia and Switzerland, trust me, they are alive and doing well, and still stiking together like glue..

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
If you're really interested in the Rothschilds, start off with Niall Ferguson's two books called The House of Rothschild. The first covers 1798-1848, the second 1849-1999, and includes a family tree. The books take a while to read, but the material (and the family) is fascinating.

They're active still, just keeping a low profile (wouldn't you?). But check this out, here are a couple of the US websites:
www.rothschild.com
www.nmrothschild.com

(the nm is for Nathen Mayer, a son of the founder who started the London bank). The sites look the same, but entirely different IP's. Traceroute shows them both in England ... hmm, isn't .com supposed to be in the US? I would expect such a company to have a public face, and a more discreet one for clients - and access to high-caliber networking talent.

Dae mentioned them getting out of gold; that had a lot of people speculating as to why. There were some reports of the Rothschilds investing heavily in biotechnology; they're definately looking at the future.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Warren Buffet, Arnold, and Lord Jacob Rothschild. This pic is all over the net, (this one is from www.bilderberg.org), just thought it belonged in this thread.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichiKami
If you're really interested in the Rothschilds, start off with Niall Ferguson's two books called The House of Rothschild. The first covers 1798-1848, the second 1849-1999, and includes a family tree. The books take a while to read, but the material (and the family) is fascinating.

They're active still, just keeping a low profile (wouldn't you?). But check this out, here are a couple of the US websites:
www.rothschild.com
www.nmrothschild.com

(the nm is for Nathen Mayer, a son of the founder who started the London bank). The sites look the same, but entirely different IP's. Traceroute shows them both in England ... hmm, isn't .com supposed to be in the US? I would expect such a company to have a public face, and a more discreet one for clients - and access to high-caliber networking talent.

Dae mentioned them getting out of gold; that had a lot of people speculating as to why. There were some reports of the Rothschilds investing heavily in biotechnology; they're definately looking at the future.

There are .com's all over the world not only the US

new topics

top topics

join