It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PS3 Revealed!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
E3 2005: PS3 Tech Specs
More numbers than you can shake a slide rule at.
by Tal Blevins
May 16, 2005 -

Product name: PlayStation 3

Logo: PLAYSTATION(R)3

CPU

Cell Processor
PowerPC-base Core @3.2GHz
1 VMX vector unit per core
512KB L2 cache
7 x SPE @3.2GHz
7 x 128b 128 SIMD GPRs
7 x 256KB SRAM for SPE
* 1 of 8 SPEs reserved for redundancy
total floating point performance: 218 GFLOPS

ps3.ign.com...

SO COOL! Eat that Nintendo.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
niiice...

i wanna see pics though

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Here are some pics

ps3.ign.com...
media.ps3.ign.com...

Edit: Another link.

Really cool! Xbox 360 and PS3 are going to take it to Nintedo, just like PS2 and Xbox took to them earlier.

[edit on 16-5-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Here are some pics

ps3.ign.com...
media.ps3.ign.com...

Edit: Another link.

Really cool! Xbox 360 and PS3 are going to take it to Nintedo, just like PS2 and Xbox took to them earlier.

[edit on 16-5-2005 by James the Lesser]

thank you s0000000 much!!!

and those pics are real!!!

i want the black one...

whats the deal with the controllers!?!?!?

o0o well...

beggars aren't choosers...

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
WORST. CONTROLLER. EVAR.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
The downfall of nintendo in the mainstream console scene isn't necessarily a great thing...................

anyways the ps3 tech demo's were absolutely incredible at the press conference!! and xbox 360 as a media hub is out of this world, i cant wait to get my hands on both of them!

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Sony has released pictures of the PS3 about four different times (and models)
All I remember is that one of them looked like an air conditioner!

But this HAS to be the best one yet!

...BTW: I LIKE the look of the new controller.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
The downfall of nintendo in the mainstream console scene isn't necessarily a great thing...................

Why should a proprietary dinosaur survive? It dropped the ball when it didn't embrase the 3rd party revolution which Sony sparked off.

Also noone is gonna kill Nintendo. There is room enough for 3 players, as each and every generation brings more users into the fold. Thier % share may fall, but they will still have a growing revenue, either way.

[edit on 17-5-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Still want SOny and Microsoft to unite, make one system that plays all PS1/PS2/PS3 and Xbox/Xbox 360 so they won't compete, and kill Nintendo. One cd tray for Sony, one for Microsoft, and voila, people don't go "Well, Final Fantasy(good ones anyways) can only be played on a Playstation, and I have all of the good ones(playstation ones) so I guess I'll get this." While some people go "Well, I like the hd, the Evil Dead games, the Star Wars series is great, and I can't live without Fuzion Frenzy, so I guess I'll get xbox." while some go "Hmmm, I want something more then a game system, I need a coaster, and a doorstop, a nice paperweight to, I guess I'll get a GC."

But imagine if Sony and Microsoft joined, then all games for them are playable on one system, they don't compete, they get 99.99999% of the game console business, and Nintendo finally goes away.(unless they do something smart like make a good system equal to if not better then the competiton, something they have never done)

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I think the controllers are pretty cool, i remember looking at the n64 controllers, and the ps controllers, but now i love them. and this thing can hook 7 controllers via bluetooth. AWESOME!!!!!

top topics

join