It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'm sure at least a few of you have heard about the legend of the Green Children. It is a legend from somewhere between 1135 and 1155 and I think it poses some very interesting questions. Here are a few links to sites that tell the legend: anomalyinfo.com... and www.qsl.net... , www.feralchildren.com... , www.feralchildren.com... .

[edit: fixed links - nygdan]

[edit on 16-5-2005 by Nygdan]

[edit on 16-5-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The green children are one of my favorite mysteries. Here is a very good post on the subject matter.

Creepy

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Gotta admit I wasn't very familiar at all with these guys but it is very interesting. I wonder if the "christian" twist to their "homeland" was something applied in later years or it was originally part of the myth. It sounds to me like on of countless other anglo/celtic myths that had the church/god placed throughout them in later years.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I've never heard of "green children", but I remember having to read for Literature class, "Sir Gwain and the Green Knight". Only heard about that "green man" in the story.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Thanks for reminding me about this. I heard about this ages ago and didnt really beleive it. The book I read it in said that they were aliens!
Maybe they were plant peeple (i forgot how to spell!)

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
It might be interesting, in light of today's scientific capabilities, if someone could find the grave of the lady and perform a simple DNA test.

On the other hand, myth, legend, and guessing is a lot of fun.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Cool. The "green man", who shows up in a lot of Celtic artwork is supposedly just one form of the whole reborn god thing. In other words it is just a representation of Jesus. The green signifies rebirth or re-growth.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I recall that story, very interesting.
Didnt know about the St. Martins part though, it wasnt part of that book I read.

top topics

join