It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cover up abord the USS Carl Vinson

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
ok here it goes i have been givin information from a sorce the used to be abord the uss carl vincent im not to sure of the dates to which this event took place but the way he told me the story i was in total belif of what this man was telling me, on a calm night in the atlantic ocean two f15's took off on a rutine night mission about 30 mins into the flight there was a radar spike and then the planes vanashed from radar, the crew went to battle stations and the issued a search of the last place the planes were on the radar screen, they went out looking to find wreckage but what took place next would scare even the most expericned pilot, apone the return if the helo, the crew went sraight to the brige and the man i talked to was a weather person abord i might add but this ties in with the story, he sais that the crew was scared to death of what they saw in the ocean he over heard some of wha tthey were saying, and what ever it was it was huge, to the point where the capt of the carl vincent emedatly ordered the ship into a 180 degree turn once the turn was made the ship shook like crazy, the were over exzerting the engines to get away from what ever it was, well the 2 f15's were never found and the offical report was that they went down in rough weather...................... well thats bull becasue the weather guy that i talked to said it was a clear night so, make your own judgement to what happened

EDIT: edited title for easier Search...

[edit on 17-5-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
this is all true i also work with a man tha used to work for the intelegence depratment who used to investagate ufo sightings so this is why i belive that this story was true, the navy guy quit some time ago, i cant even remember his name

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
F-15's don't fly from carriers. They're land-based.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I saw an article about that, it was 2 F/A-18 Hornets

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I saw an article about that, it was 2 F/A-18 Hornets

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
well im sorry i got the plains wrong but thats what i was told

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
i just hope big brother isnt watching me, there was a black car sitting outside my home for about 15 mins tonight kinda freaked me out

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
ive seen a buch of weird # lately like yesterday i was watching jets with my bonoculars and spoted a 747 and another jet really close to it only alot higher i couldent make that ome out it was really high but flying the same path as the 747 and about the same speed if id have to say this was about 65000, 50000 feet high the 747 i could make out the other was just to damn high

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
That really is scary stuff. Those poor pilots... I wonder what happened to them.

Answer me this tho, what was the Carl Vinson doing in the Atlantic Ocean? The Carl Vinson has been in the Pacific Fleet since it was commissioned in 1982.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
This is the official Carl Vinson website: www.cvn70.navy.mil...

Strangely enough, I can't access it. Maybe because my ISP is in Belgium and not in US?...

Anyway, this is a good info on this carrier, and it indeed (at least officially...
) never has been in the Atlantic...

So what?

[Edit]
You may also want to read this.

[edit on 17-5-2005 by SpookyVince]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   
The only time the USS Vinson was in the atlantic, was after it was commissioned and during its sea trials. By 1983, the ship was in San Francisco. Instead of thinking that aliens are after Navy fighters, maybe you should pick up your English book and practice some basic paragraph building skills. NO offense, but your post is really hard to follow.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by WissNX01
Instead of thinking that aliens are after Navy fighters, maybe you should pick up your English book...

You thought it was aliens? I couldn't figure out what he was saying they say out in the water. Just something very scary like a giant octopus or a boatload of Cuban exiles with slingshots. Hey, if it came from some man tha used to work for the intelegence depratment who used to investagate ufo sightings who was a weather person abord, then that's pretty much an unimpeachable source, even if the ship's in the wrong ocean flying the wrong planes. I'm still convinced.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I beleive it could have happened...
A relative saw some UFOs dive in the ocean while on watch, and was told by his upper, that he could report it, but he suggested not doing so...

ships and airlines have the best chance to come across something wierd

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I remember seeing a story about 2 missing F-18s from the Carl Vinson, but that was just this month....(believed to have collided in mid-air)???

A little recent for what you're describing, not to mention the ocean seems wrong...Pacific fleet and all....

Here's a snippet I found:

US military suspects two F-18s collided over Iraq
My Way News ^ | May 3, 2005 (5:01 PM (ET)) | Reuters

Posted on 05/04/2005 5:57:17 AM PDT by tongue-tied

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - The U.S. military has found the body of the pilot of one of two Marine Corps jets that crashed in Iraq and believes the warplanes may have collided in mid-air, U.S. officials said on Tuesday.

The U.S. military lost contact with the two Marine Corps F/A-18 Hornet aircraft in Iraq on Monday night, a military statement said. The planes were flying from the aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson, the military said.

In Washington, defense officials said they suspected the two fighters collided in mid-air at 30,000 feet, but no final conclusion had been reached.

One official, who asked not to be identified, said an emergency beacon from one of the planes was located on the ground about 25 km (15.53 miles) southwest of Kerbala....

(Excerpt) Read more at reuters.myway.com ...

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I remember seeing a story about 2 missing F-18s from the Carl Vinson, but that was just this month....(believed to have collided in mid-air)???

Yes, but the poster never said anything about F-18's, never gave a date, said the source had since retired, said it happened over water, etc...

These can't be the same incidents. The one that happened in Iraq was a catastrophic mid-air collision; the one 'pilot' found was nothing more than a body part, whilst the other was totally reduced to dust before he ever hit the ground. Not to mention that this happened pretty far over land and the wreckage was recovered in the desert, and occured during heavy storms and not during a calm night over the Atlantic.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Didn't mean it was the same incident...just that that is all I found on missing aircraft and that ship. Whomever relayed this account to the poster is incorrect on several details, and major ones at that, so without any dates even, to attempt to corraborate, we're left with a fish story....

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I was deployed at sea for over a year, and was always on deck after dark. I didnt remember seeing anything except the other blacked out vessels in our battle group. I guess if you looked at them wrong, it could very well be an 'alien' ship following us..........

As far as the USS Vinson being in the Atlantic, the only time that has been true is when the ship was built, and later this year. The Vinson is on a round-the-world transit that the Navy is making a big deal about. I dont see why, its not the first time any vessel has done this. But the Vinson will transition into the Atlantic late in the year on its way back to Washingon, via Panama Canal.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hey i got a funny story for you ex-military guys. You guys know what a spectrum analyzer is? Well when i was in the military and on the USS Tarawa it was a standard piece of equipment used to check signal frequency. Well we got a new girl and we decided to play a trick on her. We told her that the spectrum analyzer was used to find out when aliens were contacting us. Everytime it spiked thats when they were ready to contact us. So we decided to put it in test mode when she wasn't looking and we then started talking. "Oh god thats a huge spike! they must be right on top of us." I will never forget the way her eyes bugged out when we said that. We told her if she hurried that she might catch a glimpse of it off the flight deck. Well she was pissed when she found out what it really was but it was hilarious at the time.

-Aza

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
sorry about my typing, i was just told that it happened the guy wouldent give me the dates, also he quit not to long after he told me, i still work with the man who investaged sightings for the dod, he always tells me to watch my ass talking about the things he tells me, haha he ever knew that my house was being watched...... for other reasons than talking about ufo's lol i cought a guy once taking video, flashed me his badge and i was like ok good bye lol they were filming my dad for some reason

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
but the story about the uss vinson was told to me by a weather guy onboard when the the object was sighted he said object not giant squid, object he aslo said the atlantic, if im not mistakin he also said late 80's early 90's im not certain i could be wrong

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join