It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

organizing mods kill free thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
the moving of threads to backwater forums limits their exposure to the ATS community.

I find the obsessive 'organizing' by some moderators to be well-meaning if misguided, such as Thomas Crowe and the more poisonous workings by seekerof to be detrimental to a real interchange of ideas.

The thought process is a fluid and most especially for humans very oddly abstract. We by are very nature make abstract connections that have no obvious connections on the surface of reality.

By trying to pidgeon hole and in some cases attempting to kill certain threads it works as an inhibitor to inspired and abandoned free thinking.

But if that is what the members [or should i say moderators?] want from ATS, I guess that is most likely what it will become.

I guess the limitations of a few minds restrict us all.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I've never seen the mods you listed engaged in wrongdoing. However, I have noticed other mods hide threads that have a conservative viewpoint.

[edit on 5/16/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
very wrong indeed...

BTS is a great place to move threads...

and yes...

ATS is the most known out of the Big 3 (ATS, BTS, PTS)...

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I haven't really seen this happen much. There have been occasions when I've questioned a mod's decision to move something and got a snide answer in response, but 99% of the time, the forum they place the thread in is the appropriate one. When it's not, 9 times out of 10 if I reply I get a helpful explanation from a mod or explain to them why I placed the thread in that specific forum and they move it back. Not always, but there have only been two cases my whole time here at ATS where the response to my query was something along the lines of, "because I said so." While those two cases still irk me, they are not the norm.

I think the mods have been doing a good job. If you feel that BTS and PTS are dead forums, the best way to correct that is to start going there and posting. The more people who trickle over to the other boards, the more popular they will become.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
It would save everyone a lot of trouble if the threads were put in the right place to begin with.

If your title has the words Bush, Congress, Republicans, Democrats, Godless Commie Liberals or Goosestepping Nazi Conservitives, etc, chances are it belongs in P@ATS.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
So trying to organize ATS/BTS/PTS into "topics" is a bad thing? So what are these "backwater forums" anyway?

And now we're nazi's that try and stop free thinking?

Give me a break. Does a librarian stop people from reading because they organize the books? Do they hide certain books because they move them to a "backwater" shelf? Do they block free thoughts too by their actions?

Now I guess that goes for anyone who tries to organize things...video stores, food stores, drug stores, tire stores, etc, etc...

Yep, they all try and block free thinking. Or, maybe...you are just overly critical? Naw...

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
As I told you in the u2u's, place your threads in the proper forums. You WILL NOT be allowed to place them in the threads you feel are not backwater for your own selfishness.

You feel you should attempt to lead a rebellion at this board because you don't get your way when your way goes against our terms and conditions?
Why don't you go forth and start your own board if you are so unhappy with following the rules of this board?

Thread locked. Enough drama-wanting.

new topics

top topics

join