It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Lights over Phoenix (video)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
C'mon debunkers......................where you at???????

Well it's obviously a flock of birds or a dense cloud
, the same thing that sent Bush to the secret bunker a couple weeks ago.

To side step a bit, It's a shame this Bush Bunker story has changed on a lot of the news outlets now.
They are covering it up and watering it out of the news reports. Was really easy to find specific articles a week ago. Closest one to the original reports is still on USAtoday, CNN have changed their story.
www.usatoday.com...

"A uniformed Secret Service officer toting a shotgun stands guard inside the northwest gate of the White House during a security alert, April 27, 2005. The alert was raised on fears that an unidentified aircraft had entered restricted space near the White House, prompting President Bush to move to an underground shelter. The alert lasted a few minutes before officials determined it was a false alarm. [Reuters]"

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by torjan
Yeh I haven't been able to watch the video either and i'm not even gonna touch real player :p

WMP version sems to be a dead link?

Google this:
'Real Player Alternative' - installs windows media player classic which doesn't affect the latest WMP at all, yet runs all the Real Media codecs.

And while your at it get:

'Quicktime Alternative'

FREE AT LAST!!

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Worldblend

How do you respond to those that are saying "flares"?

I can't say that I really disagree in this case, but I'd like a little more information first. Can somebody explain flares to the uninitiated. Are they dropped from a plane? Are they shot up in to the air? How does it work exactly?

Peace

[edit on 17-5-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
It is what it is, an unidentified flying object. Nothing suggests that it's of an alien origin though. File this one under the "we'll never know" catagory.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Worldblend

How do you respond to those that are saying "flares"?

I can't say that I really disagree in this case, but I'd like a little more information first. Can somebody explain flares to the uninitiated. Are they dropped from a plane? Are they shot up in to the air? How does it work exactly?

Peace

[edit on 17-5-2005 by Dr Love]

I am open to the possibility of flares and conventional explanations are more appealing to me. It did not look or act like flares to the naked eye and in fact about 70 minutes after this event, another closer light streaked across the sky which certainly was not flares. Unfortunately, our equipment was packed up. It is important to note the following concerning flares.

*The Location is well away from the AFB Test Range and in fact over a dry and somewhat poopulated area, so flare drops would be illegal and dangerous.
*Luke specifically stated they had no excercises in that area all night.
*The color is inconsistant with flares.
*The duration seems too short for flares.
* The vector is consistant with F-16's I've seen fly in the area, while the speed and appearance is not. I've never seen flares dropped in that area because they are prohibited from doing so.

IMO the conventional explanation that would seem to fit the facts best, is a projection exercise or test of some kind. That would better account for the speed and apparent loss of visual. I am going to have a closer look at the footage, but as of now, I would say it is "Unidentified".
WB

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   

*The duration seems too short for flares.

I dont know about the rest, but short duration flares is not that unlikely... I remember seeing the "fireworks" display of a C130, the flares dont really last very long (just about as long as whatever light is in the video).

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Thats why I am wondering why the camera was on that spot in the clouds at the time.... Maybe they saw some military a/c flying from the left behind the cloud bank and just thought they would observe it? Strange that the plane (if it was flares) is concealed behind the clouds the whole time.

I agree that they could be short duration decoy flares, countermeasures, but you would think that someone would say, yeah there was a plane flying in the area at the time.

After reviewing it several times I think it is quite possible 90% that the video does show a flare drop from some type of aircraft. How convienent though that the plane appears to be concealed in the one spot in the sky where there is cloud cover.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join