It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Critique about the EBD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
www.roswellfiles.com...

This is what a critique has to say about the Eiseinhower Briefing Document.
In a way it is convincing (I have less than little knowledge about the EBD) the way he talks about Richard Doty, Moore and the years being wrong.
Does anyone know if all these statements are true, or have a good counter to them?

I personally hope the EBD is authentic.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Interestingly, I failed to see the skeptical comments on either of the sites listed...go figure.

[The "About" site story linked to doesn't seem to link to parts 2 and 3. A Control F on "briefing document" failed to find a hit on the other link provided.]

Anyhow, there are some problems with the Eisenhower Briefing Document, and some of the other MJ-12 papers. That's kind of a point though, the briefing isn't the ONLY such paper. There are many, many others.

The site you gave makes some bad arguments as well.

Date: their sole problem is a comma? Surely, such a typo isn't in the realm of impossibility.

Hillenkoetter's Rank: Possible typo, but I'd agree it's unlikely....

Verbiage: not like "media" and "impacted" (??? why question this?) weren't common words at the time...

Security: many new security classifications arose after Roswell, but yes, it's a valid point for skeptics here.

MAJIC: this is a big mistake they (the site) make. MAJIC wasn't the name of the project. Other documents clearly show what MAJIC is. It's the name of the Committee, not the project. Military Assessment Joint Intelligence Committee. In other words, a meeting of the minds of those from different intelligence branches (as this was prior to the CIA), otherwise known as "the working group", etc.

I'm actually of the opinion that it's (the Eisenhower doc) either bogus or deliberate disinfo. Which, I don't know, but there are many alleged documents, not just one set, and not just one source, indicating the same 12 names for Majestic members, and clearly showing the group's evolving, from the IPU (Interplanetary Phenomenon Unit) formed to assess the LA incident of '42, to MAJIC after Roswell, if even a fraction are authentic.

EDIT: btw, their link to majesticdocuments.com is broken...its:

www.majesticdocuments.com...

[edit on 16-5-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I always look to see if any debunking attempt is fair, and like most this one is not. There are any number of things that point in the other direction for the EBD. Any review or commentary that does not include something of the other side of the arguement is simply incorrect, at least to some degree. If you are sure you are right then you are not afraid of the facts, all of the facts.

I think you might want to dig into the majesticdocuments.com site, they have a huge amount of data about the EDB and what has been done to research it. You might find of interest what they found out about how the document was printed.

One fact I find compelling is the inclusion of Dr. Menzel. At the time the EDB was sent out it was not common knowledge that Dr. Menzel had extensive intelligence and government connections. He is noted as a debunker more than anything. But he did indeed have the qualifications and security clearance needed for the job at the time.

www.v-j-enterprises.com...

There are some of the best answers on the EBD, from 2004.

In the end I believe the EBD to be authentic. The only other possibility I see as having even a single digit chance of being true is dis-information created by the US governement to cover similar activities as described in the document itself.

A.T
(-)

join