It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ball Lightning - The truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I now beleive that I know what causes Ball-Lightning, I was watching the Sci-Fi channel and there was a topic in this certain programme that intrigued me, this being a Japanese scientist who had proven what ball lightning is and he even creates it in a controlled enviroment.
the basic theory is that ball lightning is made of a plasma which is caused when micro-waves collide.
this scientist had a large tube where he would emit these micro-waves at 45 degrees to each other, and when they collided a plasma, sometimes red, orange, purple and blue would form. looking exactly like ball lightning. what does everyone else think about this?
your views would be well appreciated.

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I am not totally familiar with the mechanics of ball lightening, although I have (I think, if that is what this really is) seen it with the Marfa Lights of West Texas.

www.watchingyou.com...

"The Marfa Lights, mysterious and unexplained lights that have been reported in the area for over one hundred years, have been the subject of many theories. The first recorded sighting of the lights was by rancher Robert Ellison in 1883. Variously described as campfires, phosphorescent minerals, swamp gas, static electricity, St. Elmo's Fire, and "ghost lights," the lights reportedly change colors, move around, and change in intensity. Scholars have reported over seventy-five local folk tales dealing with the unknown phenomenon. - 1988"
- Text of the "official" State of Texas road marker

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Yes ive heard about the Martha lights, that is in some old mining town, where there was a goldrush back in 1882 or something. My theory is that is trapped methane escaping reacting with air etc.

join