It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Games children play in North Korea

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
It's truly upsetting. Really is.

Even so, it's really all they have. Sometimes it's stuff like that that keeps a person alive.

As a Korean myself, I truly feel for everybody in North Korea. Even Kim Jong Il, if you can believe that.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
i reallly cant imagine feeling bad for a person that wants the world to crumble at his feet

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
Anti-American sentiment is definetly high in Korea and it's not just North Korea.
Apparently, a popular song in South Korea is F****** USA.

I wish, if it were somehow workable, that the US could simply leave south korea. Just to let everyone see what happens.

I mean, South Korea: advanced, technological, an open society with a democracy
North Korea: a one party system where a military junta runs the state, no tech, famine, death, and destruction.

Seems a simple choice.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by AceOfBase
Anti-American sentiment is definetly high in Korea and it's not just North Korea.
Apparently, a popular song in South Korea is F****** USA.

I wish, if it were somehow workable, that the US could simply leave south korea. Just to let everyone see what happens.

I mean, South Korea: advanced, technological, an open society with a democracy
North Korea: a one party system where a military junta runs the state, no tech, famine, death, and destruction.

Seems a simple choice.

agree with u on that, lets see wat happens to South Korea if North decideds to invade.

link   

plus nukes .
does that answer your question?

link   
If you bothered to learn the real Kim Jong Il, you'll find out he's not some popularly-depicted crazy meglomaniac who wants the world to crumble at his feet. That's a product of the media right there.

I'm gonna be very idealistic for a moment and say that if Kim Jong Il truly believes the U.S. is bad, then Kim should strive to be better than the U.S. Don't be the bad guy, so to speak. So the least he could do, especially considering the amount of oppression placed on the North Korean people is to at least feed and clothe them properly, and provide them with whatever materiel they need, in exchange for their unbending loyalty, nationalism, and adherence to the law of the DPRK.

It's idealistic, but it sounds like a fair trade to me.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
i dont think he needs nukes to provide for his people. if he stopped being such a negative nancy to the USA he might get some help

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by areyosicker
i dont think he needs nukes to provide for his people. if he stopped being such a negative nancy to the USA he might get some help

But that's assuming the U.S. is what it calls itself, and not the hypocritical, double-standard-loving hyperpower.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
america aint perfect and is rough around the edges but all in all WE DONT MAKE NUKES TO LAUNCH AT ANOTHER COUNRTY FOR NO REASON

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

america aint perfect and is rough around the edges but all in all WE DONT MAKE NUKES TO LAUNCH AT ANOTHER COUNRTY FOR NO REASON

Neither does any other country. There's a reason for everything.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
and north koreas reson is.................

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Just as a comment about the picture in the beginning of the thread: I was at a shooting range down South, 2 or maybe 3 years ago, and some people bought custom targets to practice with... A cutout siluetto kind of thing...

I remember two of those, one was OBL and the other Michael Jackson.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   

and north koreas reson is.................

What is the UK's or France, or India, or Russia, or China or the US' reason?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I think you wil find all countries will say just that.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
A few UTU's requesting proof of authenticity with this picture has prompt me to display the url.

It does look "photoshopy" however, yahoo/reuters is as credible of a source as there can be.

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 16-5-2005 by syntaxer]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Yeah well guess what our kids use 22's and BB guns not rulers.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Okay, in WW2 you had Uncle Sam and Rosie the Riverter. And don't forget that the people we were fighting started it off. You know, those guys named Adolf and Tojo?
Comparing WW2 posters to N. Korean war posters is insane. N. Korea is pushing the war. They're the agressors here. We don't care what they do. If Kim Jong Il wants to run concentration camps, so be it. But if he wants to sell a nuclear weapon to an al Qaeda member, that's a different story.

If you bothered to learn the real Kim Jong Il, you'll find out he's not some popularly-depicted crazy meglomaniac who wants the world to crumble at his feet. That's a product of the media right there.
What would you call someone that sent a military invasion into South Korea to kidnap a famous actress to star in his movies?
How about his obsession with Daffy Duck cartoons?
Or that he brainwashes North Koreans to believe he was born on top of a mountain and the skies parted and the sun shown and it was the most beautiful day ever?
Or telling the people that he invented the car, the toaster, and walked on the moon?
Or executing anyone who listens to outside radio or reads a newspaper?

Sounds like a crazed meglomaniac who wants the world to crumble at his feet to me.

I'm gonna be very idealistic for a moment and say that if Kim Jong Il truly believes the U.S. is bad, then Kim should strive to be better than the U.S. Don't be the bad guy, so to speak. So the least he could do, especially considering the amount of oppression placed on the North Korean people is to at least feed and clothe them properly, and provide them with whatever materiel they need, in exchange for their unbending loyalty, nationalism, and adherence to the law of the DPRK.

It's idealistic, but it sounds like a fair trade to me.

I'm sorry, but didn't this happen before? And didn't he just take everything we gave him and went along a developed a nuclear weapon anyway?

I say we don't invade. The best bet would be to quarantine, work on a missle shield so any nukes they have are useless, and then let them starve to death. We can't go in there and invade, and we can't let them keep building up and developing nuclear weapons. We'll stop once Kim Jong Ill steps down and allows free elections. Everyone agree that would be the best thing for Koreans.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by vincere7
Yeah well guess what our kids use 22's and BB guns not rulers.

Rulers can cause some major damage to the skin.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Yeah especially if their on fire, sharpened to a point, and glass glued to em :>

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join