It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Games children play in North Korea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Believe it or not!

North Korean children play a shooting game with a toy gun aiming at a portrait of U.S. President George W. Bush at Namjun kindergarten in Shinwiju, Pyongan-Budo, North Korea.

Utterly despicable, just thinking about the ramifications in teaching such young children to perform these acts of violence. However, early age influence "mind-control" does it not exist on both sides?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
yes, this is really sad, that these children are taught to do this..

just wait a little bit.. they're be pictures of some American kids doing the same to pics of Osama or Saddam....

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Here's another 'interesting' bit of propaganda, a somewhat well known one.

Thats rather disturbing. I think that the one below is 'fair' tho.

I mean, a country can't be held to blame for saying, apparently, 'our soldiers will beat yours'. But nukes hitting the Capitol? Thats not 'peaceable'. More available here. North Korean must be like america in the late 40's or something.

You can't really make things like this and say you are working with the IAEA or NPT or International Community.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Wow these are some disturbing pictures

Nice post!

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I don't think the average American realizes how insane the things that go on in North Korea are. People are so hungry there that they are sometimes forced to dig up bodies from cemetaries just to feed themselves.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Those Propaganda posters look pretty much like those painted during second WW---shows in which time this country is kept under Kim...

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Hmmm

I agree these are disturbing images.

But we also know in parts of the US evolution is illegal to be taught in school and teachers who communicate a balanced view of the Palestinian / Isreali conflict are disciplined.

US/UK-produced video games are pure propoganda, taraining kids to 'waste' Arabs. Troops in Iraq have said 'It's just like the video games'.

Seems indoctrination isn't limited to N Korea

Pot / Kettle?

[edit on 16-5-2005 by CTID56092]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CTID56092
Hmmm

I agree these are disturbing images.

But we also know in parts of the US evolution is illegal to be taught in school and teachers who communicate a balanced view of the Palestinian / Isreali conflict are disciplined.

Pot / Kettle?

OMG!!! Can’t one post escape anti-American sentiment? Man o man your hatred must run to your core. I feel sorry for somebody so saturated with hate they cannot even say anything at all without injected a hate statement. I really hope there aren’t any kids in your life being raised with such close mindedness...

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I agree with Cid. What hate of america are you talking about? The only one here angry seems to be you. What he said is completly correct, it is the pot calling the kettle black.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CTID56092
Hmmm But we also know in parts of the US evolution is illegal to be taught in school

This is completely untrue.

Certainly not. But big posters of nukes smashing the capitol pehaps go too far. I doubt the world would be as lacksadaisical if when bush gave a speech it had a cartoon of him using the kabba as a cutting block for butchering pigs, or him nuking anyone else's capitol.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Thanks Murundi - just trying to bring a bit of balance to this board, that's all.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjcOMG!!! Can’t one post escape anti-American sentiment?

Can't any comments critical of the US escape comments like that??

I feel sorry for somebody so saturated with hate they cannot even say anything at all without injected a hate statement.

Says a guy spamming the board with 'iran ers evil, we should smash it now' posts.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Anti-American sentiment is definetly high in Korea and it's not just North Korea.
Apparently, a popular song in South Korea is F****** USA.

The video below is said to be from North Korea but the song was made by a South korean.

**Graphic Language**
FUSA-Korea

The video below has the same song but it's played over war footage and protest footage.
**Graphic Language**
FUSA-Korea-war-and-protests

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I have to say that kids here and in most Western nations are brought up on computer games in which you kill Germans, Arabs, Japanese...in fact quite a few nations.

Not sure I see the difference, its only a game, right?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
I have to say that kids here and in most Western nations are brought up on computer games in which you kill Germans, Arabs, Japanese...in fact quite a few nations.

Kriz, that’s a generalized statement. The statement itself is an ignorant one, you are making assumptions when you use words like "most". You also forget, that these games are available all over the world, not just in the USA. The majority of games aren’t created in the USA at all for that matter anyways.

Your whole statement just reeks of the kind of logic and generalization that breeds racism. This remark is just one step below "those people" and "those kind" of statements.

Back to the point of the post:

This post is discussing the kind of hatred that is being tought in North Korean schools. But just like in ATS fashion, the USA haters have turned it into a US bashing session within just a handfull of replies.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   

no... i don't think so... not all games are made in the US or western nations and if it is all games are made by corporations!!!

besides name me few games that is kill germans, arabs, japanese etc.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Kriz, that’s a generalized statement. The statement itself is an ignorant one, you are making assumptions when you use words like "most".

Don't see how. How many war games sell out and become number one? I would say that these games are top sellers in most Western nations.

You also forget, that these games are available all over the world, not just in the USA.

Didn't forget and didn't say otherwise, your point?

The majority of games aren’t created in the USA at all for that matter anyways.

Never said they were....your point?

Your whole statement just reeks of the kind of logic and generalization that breeds racism. This remark is just one step below "those people" and "those kind" of statements.

Rofl, what are you on about?

By the way I said most Western nations, not the US specifically. Or is that you consider yourself "most". I am from the UK and was including my country, like I said its a game.

The initial post gives no links and mentions nothing of this beiong taught in NK schools.

What exactley was this topic about then?

[edit on 16-5-2005 by Kriz_4]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow

no... i don't think so... not all games are made in the US or western nations and if it is all games are made by corporations!!!

besides name me few games that is kill germans, arabs, japanese etc.

Return to Castle Wolfenstien.

Medal of Honour-several chart topping add-ons and follow ons too.

Call of Duty

Deadly Dozen

Hidden and Dangerous 1 and 2

Desert Storm

Gulf War: Operation Desert Hammer

Black Hawk Down

There are plenty more.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
www.iisg.nl..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
this is another one. i eman we arent even at war with them and they arer doing this. its dispicable and degrading for them

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
im not sure why the pic didnt come out but heres the url www.iisg.nl...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join