It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rainbow Revolutions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
In Georgia, it was the Rose Revolution. In the Ukraine, it was the Orange revolution. Green and Yellow revolutions have been murmered about for other former Soviet Republics.

Apparently, the idea in the former USSR is that these revolutions are 'broadly' pushed by the US and other interests (tho not in a 'sinister' way), that revolutions can't occur without conspiracy and powerful outside forces. Perhaps this is a symptom of the iron clad rule of the Soviet era, where resistance from within was futile. The idea is that these revolutions will follow the sequence of the colours of the rainbow, and that there are numerous more to follow. Obviously, central asia is unstable right now, so anything can happen.

There was even reports of a feeling that in Russia itself, in a reaction against Putins centralization, that there would ultimately be a Gray Revolution.

I doubt the exactitude of these reports, but I think its interseting that people what to put a nice, logical, and neately arranged order on the events in their world.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It is interesting isn't it.
I've started to notice this myself. Good title for the topic too. Rainbow Revolutions.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Here is the article in which I first heard of it. An usual article, in that its a geo-politcal analysis, based on informed opinion and 'on-site' (well, in moscow) investigations.

Rather sad that thats 'unusual'.

I googled a bit and found that the somewhat infamous Lyndon Larouche has an article relevant to it. And here is a largish testimony on the subject given to congress, but I haven't read either in any detail.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Thanks for the link.
Great article. Richard Miles must be some bad man.
I believe if I was him, I'd be watching very carefully over my shoulder.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Maybe we can call it the Dark side of the Rainbow?

Just a sugestion

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Or shine on your crazy rainbow?

Welcome to the geo-political Machine?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I don't mind if the US instigates a revolution in Russia. Right now, this country is slipping into stagnation and in my opinion, the current policies at all level of government are disasterous for the population at large.

I doubt it would happen though. Putin and whoever else are a convenient counterparty. Predictable, bent on preserving stability (or stagnation, whatever you call it), and without real foreign dimplomatic teeth.

new topics

top topics

join