It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
As a life long conservative voter, I am deeply disappointed about what I discovered and documented next in my research. The one question that has haunted me as I spent literally thousands of hours investigating and documenting this, is “How could this have possibly gone on for so long?” There certainly is an apparent “credibility by magnitude”. However, what sets this apart from Enron, Adelphia, Tyco and Worldcom is the use of high level Republicans politicians, some of whom became distributors and others who actively promoted Amway.
I met Newt Gingrich when he came in and was paid to speak for thousands of Amway distributors in the Harteis organization. In his speech he advised that, “Nothing would do more to help the people that used to live in what was called the Soviet empire to achieve prosperity, to achieve freedom, to achieve opportunity than to have sixty or seventy thousand Amway folks go over there and start recruiting”
After All We Are Americans audiotape Newt Gingrich CE-50
Click here To Hear Newt Gingrich Proclaim Amway As Russia's Economic Savior!
USA Today ran an interesting article on Mr. Gingrich, stating that the former Speaker of the House of Representatives raked in a windfall fee of “$50,000 a speech.” (USA Today Feb 09, 2000 p 21A “Gingrich Out of office, but hardly out of ideas” William M. Welch.) Could those large amounts of money actually be considered an investment for Amway or its motivational organizations? The answer to that question would soon be evident. One report discussed a “$283 million payoff” for Amway’s campaign contributions. It described a new budget package that was amended by an apparent friend of Amway. “The payoff for Amway was not in the original House or Senate version of the tax bill. House Speaker Newt Gingrich intervened at the last minute to help get the special tax break inserted in the bill.” (San Antonio Express-News August 12,1997) “Amway Has Voice in Congress” Molly Ivans.)
You can see the entire article here:
Click here To Download The Article Showing Congress Giving Amway $283 Million!
Further research revealed that the book The Buying of the Congress sheds more light on this sweetheart deal:
“It could not have hurt that from 1994 to 1996 Amway gave $366,000 to Republican Party causes and candidates and that it employs Roger Mentz, who was the Assistant Treasury Secretary for Tax policy in the Reagan Administration, as its tax lobbyist.”
Despite being a Republican I began to dig further into campaign donation records and was appalled at what I discovered. What you will find below is a very brief cross section of donation records and reflects only the tip of the iceberg of what has been done in the political arena.
I discovered a Political Action Committee (PAC) called Restoring the American Dream. Here is an official document of the PAC showing that the President is Dick DeVos and it has a board of advisors are made up of a group of people, many of whom have received donations from either Amway, DeVos or VanAndel family members and/or Kingpin distributors.
Click here To Download The Proof Of The Republican PAC Link To Amway!
Further research into public records reveals the following accumulation of funds in the PAC, 100% of which were given to Republican candidates.
1999 $572,016...$10,000 donated to John Ashcroft
2004 $25,368...$5,000 donated to George W. Bush
The list of donors to the Restoring the American Dream PAC are a great deal of Amway Diamonds and DeVos family members, among others.
Here is a voice mail from Dexter Yager when only Amway Diamonds and “Alticor” affiliated individuals were invited to the White House for an exclusive meeting with the President.
Click here To Hear Dexter Yager & His Team Gloat About Their White House Visit!
My research into the donation records of the last twenty years seemed complete until I became aware of a nineteen page document researched by a consumer advocacy group that is simply astounding in its detail. Here is a small sampling of the report, made public for the first time here.
The Political Influence of Multi-Level Marketing Organizations
1. Donations to the Most Conservative Elements of the Republican Party and to Right-Wing Organizations
• The single largest soft money donation on record to any political party was $2.5 million from the Amway Corporation to the Republican Party in 1994.
• When the GOP held its national convention in San Diego in 1996, Amway gave $1.3 million to the city’s host committee “to defer convention costs.” The Washington Post reported: “Amway’s gift freed up money that the Republicans used to finance nightly cable broadcasts of their own in-house convention coverage, carried on Pat Robertson’s Family Channel.”
• In April 1997, the co-founder of Amway Corp. gave $1 million to the Republican Party, one of the largest single donations on record from an individual. Federal Election Commission records show that Richard DeVos, said to be worth $3.2 billion, and his wife, Helen, wrote two $500,000 checks on April 2, 1997 from their personal accounts. DeVos is the former finance chairman of the Republican National Committee.
• Betsy DeVos, daughter-in-law of the Amway co-founder Richard DeVos, won special status in 2000 as a so-called "Pioneer" after raising $100,000 for the Bush/Cheney campaign.
• According to the consumer watchdog group Common Cause, Amway and affiliated donors made soft money contributions to the Republican National Committee totaling $4,147,000 between January 1, 1991 and June 30, 1997.
• In 2000, Amway was the second largest contributor of “soft money” to the Republican National Party with contributions totaling $1,138,500. Amway was second in donations only to Reynolds Tobacco.
• In 2004, the extreme 527 “Progress for America” received money from Amway. “The latest crop of donors includes Amway founders Richard DeVos and Jay Van Andel, who each chipped in $2 million.” (Newsweek, “The Secret Money War,” September 20, 2004.)
2. Insider Influence within the Republican Party
• The scale and duration of Amway's inside connections to Republican operatives were epitomized in an investigative piece by David Corn, Washington editor of The Nation and a regular contributor to Salon.com. Corn referenced the findings of an investigation by the Federal Elections Commission which showed that "during a 1991 meeting of Newt Gingrich's political action committee, GOPAC, Gingrich" had explored the possibility that "the Amway corporation could fund a Republican effort to gain control of the House."
• Describing the events at the 2000 Republican Convention in Philadelphia where George W. Bush was nominated, the New York Times wrote, “For the party’s top underwriters, there will be an array of gold-plated events in Philadelphia, including cocktails with Gen. Colin L. Powell and an evening cruise on the Delaware River aboard the ‘Enterprise,’ the yacht owned by Richard M. DeVos, the Amway founder, who is a Bush supporter.”
• Insiders were feted aboard Dick and Betsy DeVos’ yacht at the 2004 Republican National Convention in New York, as well as Jay Van Andel’s lavish 169-footer. (Kathleen Gray, Detroit Free Press, 9/2/04)
Click here To Go To Part Two Of "Amway & The Republican Party...Partners In Crime?
BUSH FAMILY CONNECTIONS (cont)
Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
People buying products from Amway salesmen? Most give up trying to buy products as the salesman eventually becomes frustrated and quits the business.
Originally posted by twitchy
Check out this thread...
Originally posted by RANT
Man, it could have been the Amway brainwashing component. Bumping heads with that regional leader was an eye opener too. I suspect that was the night before a big Sunday rally looking back. I had teamsters on hand "securing" our contractual rights or it would have been ugly. Fanatical doesn't begin to describe. The guy ran over me! :shk:
Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
If you know a sells man who will sell you a box of detergent, dishwashing soap or disinfectant without making you sit through "The Plan", take advantage of the products. Other than that, RUN!!