It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tag Team Collaborative Fiction - Contest Cancelled

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Written by JungleJake:

"Oooo, or do one where one of us writes from the good guy's perspective, and the other writes from the bad guy's perspective. The only thing is, you don't know which is which, because we'll both be able to justify the actions our character takes."

Wupy replies:

This was the first thought that popped into my head when I read about the contest. Two authors (or three or four) working towards the same conpiracy from differant perspectives. I didn't think of your idea of one being the good guy and one being the bad, that was a stroke of brilliance.

All they would need is to decide on what conspiricy they were working on, how the plot line should flow, and how to end it. EVERYTHING else could be written from the perspective of the two or three players working towards the end game.

You WOULD need someone to lead the venture and control the flow, just to keep people from straying off into areas that don't relate to the story or from getting side tracked.

The end could be a very interesting story.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Edit: Poor Ash, murdered by Big Tobacco companies, well, the people addicted to ciggarettes.

You know what's really sad? Ash wasn't even killed by an addict. Little Jimmy Thompson came home one day from school with a pack of smokes in his pocket when his mom Linda smelled smoke on him. She patted him down and fount the smokes, and she commenced a bitchin', "go to bed you lousey punk, next think I'll know you'll be stinkin' drunk!" and she threw the pack into the already lit fireplace. Poor Ash indeed. That's like taking a wonderful, succulant steak, killing it, and not butchering it!

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
How sad, poor Ash. At least he could have died like a hero invading a person's lungs, trying to cover the lungs with so much tar no cancer can attach itself to the lung wall.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
if any one needs a person for their team,let me know.I'm game

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
sorry about that.The computer was slow for a little bit.

[edit on 22-5-2005 by silver wolverine]

[edit on 22-5-2005 by silver wolverine]

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'm still shopping for a partner. I've solicited a couple of writers by U2U but they might not have the time or interest so if anybody is still solo send me a U2U so we can get moving.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Nevermind my origional idea. I'll take CPYKOmega,and the two most rescent posters. Wolf, and vegabond or however it is spelled. That makes four.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Are you guys already in communication and starting a story? I really don't think we have enough time for 4 writers to each put 3 chapters into a story. If you guys are already started you should go on without me to make sure you get in under the deadline. If you aren't started maybe we should form 2 seperate teams of 2.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Hey Tom Sayer, Vagabond, and Wolf..... I'm down with joining your team, but we should all u2u each other on the topic ect.... or even better all make a time to talk in the Chat room and discuss our writing methods and what kind of conspiracy topic we are going to write about.

I choose gov't conspiracy.

Edit : World Watcher I suggest you extend the due date.... because June 2nd is too close.. and I don't think there are enough people who will participate as of yet

[edit on 5-23-2005 by CPYKOmega]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
well May 31st was the day to decide teams and then the teams would have all of June to write their entry.

Since I'm going on vacation mid June, I think I'll just leave it open to pic teams and submit entries till the end of June instead of May.

I'll still check in to flag submissions while I am away, so hopefully more time, will garner more interest.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Yes, please give us some of july. I just found out that my entire june is shot. Well, team, If she doesn't extend the date, i'm out. No hard feelings though. You three will go good together.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Never mind, i am good to go. I have already told worldwatcher that we will be a team. I will have to make time. Well, anyway, we will be getting started very soon.
I really hoped to have more people to compete with.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Step out the door for a breath of air(for two weeks) and come back to a new contest, ATS elections
, and all around constructive discussions....at least the fast pace hasn't changed!

At any rate, I've made it back before the deadline, so if any of y'all want a team member who speacilizes in abstract, hard-to wade through prose
, give me a ring......I like the flavor of this one........

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I have to decline in the contest, sorry Tom and the rest of my team. I am currently too busy with personal matters to be involved in this contest.

Good luck to all!!!

[edit on 6-1-2005 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I have to decline in the contest, sorry Tom and the rest of my team. I am currently too busy with personal matters to be involved in this contest.

Well, there goes one of my team, and i have not heard back from the other two in at least a week. Well, as much as i wanted this to work out, i am going to take my team out of the contest.
-tom

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Okay this one aint going no where, maybe because of the timing, whatever.. so I'm cancelling this contest and will try for another one in July... my apologies to those who already submitted teams, don't worry we'll get this collaborative going the proper way soon enough

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Well, since your looking for something collaboritive, I have an idea.

Your putting together a three part story. Like all stories it needs a beginning, a middle and an end. Ask the writers to submit a beginning, middle and end to whater topic you come up with and then pick one to start the story, from another writer the middle of the story and from another the ending.

You will end up with three first place winners so the points would have to be divided equally. But in the end you'd still have one story.

Well, that was just a passing thought. Maybe it still has some kinks to be worked out

Then again, the last contest was a blast. You give a topic and everyone goes head to head for the best story. It was a raving success so why mess with with a winning formula?

Or you could ask the writers to privately submit their ideas of what should come next and it might give you some inspiration. There is no reason to make this hard on yourself, every single member wants to help.

Thats my thoughts on the matter.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
well reason for a collab fiction contest is because the forum really consists of two sub forum, one for collaborative fiction and the other short stories. Since you don't have to be a writer to participate in the short story contest, I thought I would reward all those who ask for writer status and supposedly has interest in colloboration to work together and showcase their talents. Sadly it seems, people just want the title of writer but have no intentions or interest in writing with others, but that's just i see it now, I hope to be proven wrong.

I would still like to try a collaborative fiction contest again at a later date, maybe by then Writers might actually write.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Oh, I still write, as do more than a few other writers here. Some of us just don't post anymore, because no one's interested. I know I don't post my work here, based on two points- one, it's not exactly all conspiracy related. Second, it's a good day if you can get ten views on a given story. Look at Herr Doktor's work- great stuff, but no one cares.

Yes, competitions get our blood pumping, but I no longer feel comfortable simply posting my work here anymore. I refuse to elaborate in public, but the above point is a major one.

It's not your fault, WW. It's not John Bull's fault. The masses want their bread and circuses, and want little of the talents showcased in this forum. Sad days on ATS, everyone.

DE

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Ack! Bummer. And here I was ready to brainstorm, now that I'm properly relocated (and partially unpacked) in my new abode. Oh well, the timing wasn't the best for some people, I know.

I can understand DE's comments as well though. Many of us do keep busy writing, even if not for consumption on this site. As for his reluctance to post it here, I can also understand that. Tough to get motivated to post when there's little feedback in the cards sometimes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join