It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contact Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Making the assumption that offical contact with ailens will be peaceful and they for arguments sake land on the White House Lawn, what would happen? Are there a procedures in place to deal with this sort of situation? Would the Ailens be quarantined? Would there be an international press conference with the ailens themselves? Would a Global Bank Holiday be declared and everyone takes the day off work (I know i would want to stay at home with my Father during Contact Day) .

I just get the feeling that Contact Day is not that far off. Have absolutely no proof whatsoever but just a feeling i have...

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
How about making the assumption that 'Aliens' would land somewhere more peaceful, and less hostile?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I don't think there'll ever be an official contact day, unless it's staged to make us believe the govt. hasn't been in contact with them for years already. I also think they don't want to make public contact, or they would have done it long ago.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Well yes, i just used the White House Lawn as a icon that everyone recognises. But i accept it could easily happen in London, Moscow, Dehli, Tokyo, Sydney or Bejing! Or it could happen in say Ethiopia (where the Ark is suppose to be) !!

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllseeingEYE
How about making the assumption that 'Aliens' would land somewhere more peaceful, and less hostile?

Well yeah, there's that too.
I'd be seriously worried about their intentions if they landed on the White House lawn. Contact with a peaceful nation would be nice.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
In that case, the White House lawn is probably out, hehe....

Seriously though, yes, you can bet there's a procedure in place whether hostile or peaceful. As to the specifics, well, nothing real public on that.

Though, I'd be curious as to how they'd get around their own pesky laws (on the books) prohibiting extraterrestrial contact...

I'm sure the statute doesn't apply to duly recognized representatives of the US Government.

For some interesting reading, Google on the "Brookings Report UFO"

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
If aliens landed on the white house lawn, while, I'm sure there would be some pretty angry gardeners.

I think the most extreme thing that would happen, would be some of the more crazed religious groups would commit suicide.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
If aliens landed on the white house lawn, while, I'm sure there would be some pretty angry gardeners.

I think the most extreme thing that would happen, would be some of the more crazed religious groups would commit suicide.

That may be a good thing...oops, I said that out loud, didn't I?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

You see that as a problem....???

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
As educated as many have become, there would still be mass panic.
But maybe not a complete collapse of the matrix.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
i reallly doubt the will come to the united states. they will probably go to a very desserted area and just get rdy for there mass invsion.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
If there was an offical contact day, then id like to think i would be with my loved ones on the day

top topics

join