It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: NOAA Issues Space Weather WARNING

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
tv reception is fine now, but i had a few issues with nextel between 2-3pm, but all is fine now

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum

Originally posted by rg73
Even if it became active after the storm (which it didn't), it would only be a correlation, probably a false one, not a casual connection.

rg73, this isn't a one night stand. The storm and its effects are not over yet.

Sanc'.

Indeed, and common sense has failed to prevail. Don’t be sceptical and use correlation/causation here. Do you think a vast solar storm caused increased seismic activity? Or was it one small planets seismic activity that caused a huge solar storm? Please...

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I have posted about this earlier.... check out this thread as well for more information. I know this was going to be a big storm after I saw the initial readings of a 9 on the Kp scale.

Extreme Geomagnetic Storm in Progress

This reaffirms us that man will never be able to control nature. The sun could wipe us out in an instead and we would be none the wiser. It still bothers me that we didn't get any good aurora's in Sask, Canada yet.

I was hoping for a good show.

[edit on 5-16-2005 by CPYKOmega]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well I just lost satelite tv - maybe this is the cause?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The ISS orbits at a level well below the Van Allen belts, which are where particles collect thanks to the immensely powerful radiation shielding created by the Earth's magnetic field. Anything gets through to cause them issues, it's gonna cause everyone on the sun-side of the planet issues.

It's the moon shots and interplanetary missions where solar storms cause serious concern.

Originally posted by Valhall
I always worry about the guys on the space station when these things happen.

Spacecraft operations may experience extensive surface charging; problems with orientation; uplink/downlink and tracking satellites. Satellite navigation may be degraded for days, and low-frequency radio navigation can be out for hours.

By the way, have you seen the pics taken of the Aurora Borealis from SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA!

This is a biggy!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join