It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Croatia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Anybody considered going to Croatia?

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Looks like a beautiful country from what I've seen. I would like to visit. Hopefully the tourist idustry in the Balkans will take off a little now that the region is more peaceful.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Where is Croatia? I know it's near Slovenia, but I don't know where that is either....

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Hey Im from there! My mom grew up around that beach! Thats awsome! I am going there this summer! I cant wait. Ive been homesick for a long time now.

Heres a map for you James
external image

While your there head over to Herzegovina and check out Medjugorje. I will be making the pilgramage there this summer.

You should also check out Dubrovnik.
external image

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Hey croatianguy could we be cousins or something?

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CiderGood_HeadacheBad
Looks like a beautiful country from what I've seen. I would like to visit. Hopefully the tourist idustry in the Balkans will take off a little now that the region is more peaceful.

Don't call them Balkan people. They realy hate that. I agree the picture looks great but Croats realy have to do something about sevege sistem and prices too.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
Don't call them Balkan people. They realy hate that. I agree the picture looks great but Croats realy have to do something about sevege sistem and prices too.

Your right we do hate being called that.

Gotta make money and lower the unemployment rate somehow

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I agree Croat56, but other mediteranian destination are cheaper than Croatians and has more to offer in entertainment. On the other hand, Croatia has nicer landscape and better food, wine and olive oil.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
No, Croatians hate being grouped up with all the other balkan countries. We consider ourselves central europeans, not balkans. We are a bit more sophisticated then those balkan countries.
I agree that infrastructure is not yet 100% in Croatia with the sewerage systems, and transport services for toursits, but hey we are getting there. All you travellers should realise the potential now of Croatia, and enjoy the peacefullness and untouched beauty before the influx of tourists increases over the coming years as more people become aware of Croatia.

Yanchek - what do you mean other meditterenean countries are better for entertainment? Croatia has a lot of festivals all over the country.
As for not being cheap, I agree that some hotels can be expensive, but you dont really need to stay in hotels - staying in private rooms is much cheaper and sometimes a more rewarding experience. And the food and drinks are much cheaper than anywhere else.

Croatia has the potential to rival Greece for mediterreanean tourism, and could even surpass it.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by croatianguy
Croatia has the potential to rival Greece for mediterreanean tourism, and could even surpass it.

Hehe once people find out about us and our 1000+ islands there'll be no stopping them! Hmm maybe thats not such good things those tourist can get pretty annoying sometimes.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek

Originally posted by CiderGood_HeadacheBad

Don't call them Balkan people. They realy hate that.

I didn't, I was just commenting on the tourist industry in the whole region as a sidenote, given the conflict that has gone on there for so long. No offence intended, I understand Croats are very conscious of their national identity.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I was going to go there for New Years last year, but we decided to go to Rome. Which is another fascinating place.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Cant wait to go there this year, its gonna be great. Iv been going there since i was a kid and this year i am hitting up the beach as fast as i can.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I'm not a Croat but, to be frank, I've wanted to visit Dubrovnik for quite some time. I'm extremely interested in the beautiful architecture of that city's churches and historic sites. I've studied the architecture of churches throughout Europe and I've found the design and the artwork of that region of great interest. Of course that's not all there is to see in Croatia but it certainly is one of the reasons that I would have to visit.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
that part of the world is very beutiful, i too have to admit that the old architecture which is a resemblance of Italy and maybe some roman remains is just wonderful...definitely a place to visit before you retire in the world.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Well it turns out i may not be going, its kind of my choice but i feel since i am starting college i just want to start on my research as quickly as i can, maybe in a couple years i can head down to a wonderful place called Vir...

I think its the most wonderful and beutiful place on the planet, its strange, i can remember being down there at the age of 1 and playing near my little house. The memories of that wonderful place are amazing, i love it, looking at pictures always bring a sense of joy and excitement to myself.

if anyone ever goes to vir, its near the city of Zadar..please take some pictures i would gratefully appreciate that.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Im half bosnian, and Ive lived in Bosnia. Its pretty chill, you can do whatever you like, not to mention there are many hot girls.

[edit on 5-11-2007 by ready4whatever]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ready4whatever
Im half bosnian, and Ive lived in Bosnia. Its pretty chill, you can do whatever you like, not to mention there are many hot girls.

[edit on 5-11-2007 by ready4whatever]

Hell ya my brother, sta ima jarane, sta radis jebote?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSGUY

Nema nista ovde bro, I'm just chillen. kako si ti?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ready4whatever
reply to post by ATSGUY

Nema nista ovde bro, I'm just chillen. kako si ti?

Ma ja sam dobar, kak ti je ovde na ATS hahahahh:w:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join