It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

which new ATS feature would you like to see created???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

Moderator's having second accounts? Why? We're people, we have views (e.g. see above
) And our views don't interfere with our business and our business doesn't interfere with our business. If they did, then ya just gotta be a better mod, no?

Work hard, play hard.

Well, take a standard debate. A team for and a team against the motion. Sitting in between a moderator who keeps the proceedings in order. I don't ever remember seeing a moderator actually contributing to a debate in favor of one side or another.

The mods do an often thankless job, but I fail to see why a mod can't be a seperate entity to the original member. It could make some debates less intimidating. Ever been in on a discussion where a mod or heaven forbid a modmob, take one side? It can be pretty intimidating to try and take a position to the contrary. Now, if they were ordinary members, no problem.

A mod could abuse this position by posting his views as a member and then moderating anyone who disagreed. But, as you said, that wouldn't be a very good mod now, would it?

Thanks for pointing out my "features" which were already there. I still think the summary page for large discussions is a good idea, the person posting could edit/create them.

True, nobody "owns" the posts, but it would be nice if the discussion could be steered away from degenerating into another mudslinging contest as it so often does. Suspending posting to a topic may give folks a chance to cool down.

I am not sure how quickly mods respond to U2U's, but the "panic button" idea was sort of a quicker fix I thought. It would page any online mods so that they could remedy the situation a lot faster. I am sure mods aren't everywhere all the time!

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
How about when you search for someone's post, it takes you directly to their post instead of the beginning of the thread.

I really hate going to a thread and at the top it shows 4 pages. You click on page 4 only to discover 4 more pages. Can't we see all pages listed for the thread or at least 3 little periods and the last page?

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggy
Ever been in on a discussion where a mod or heaven forbid a modmob, take one side? It can be pretty intimidating to try and take a position to the contrary. Now, if they were ordinary members, no problem.

Well, don't be intimidated.
I've been in that position before, and it's no thang. Mods are people, and they won't blam you for disagreeing, that's healthy. Mods are just people who have been trusted with extra responsibilities, and have access to a beer cooler.

I am not sure how quickly mods respond to U2U's, but the "panic button" idea was sort of a quicker fix I thought. It would page any online mods so that they could remedy the situation a lot faster. I am sure mods aren't everywhere all the time!

But the u2u image pops up whever we are, so we'll see it no matter what.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

Mods are just people who........have access to a beer cooler.

Cool! I want to be a mod! Beer!

But the u2u image pops up whever we are, so we'll see it no matter what.

I thought U2U was more specific. I was talking about a general shout out to any mods online?

Cheers!

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'd like to see ATS automatically kill every new "faster than light travel" thread. I haven't been around as long as others, but those things are really beginning to irritate me.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well..........If you do not know the subject anything at-all re the subject matter, you must visit the archives FIRST of the subject matter you wish to learn about or make coment on.

Dallas

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggy
I thought U2U was more specific. I was talking about a general shout out to any mods online?

Use the Help/Gripe form for that.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join