It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

which new ATS feature would you like to see created???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I think everyone should get one "Troll of the Month" vote every month. Then the next month the winner would have to endure a "Troll of the Month" medal showing on their avatar. It would be like a scarlet letter.

Also, I think everyone should get one "Biggest, Most Shameless Moderator Butt Kisser of the Month" vote every month. Some of the members here are like Remoras.

Peace

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Now that I thought about it, I would LOVE to see a video archives on the differect subjects on ATS. Thats the only real thing ATS seems to be missing.

[edit on 16-5-2005 by beyondSciFi]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
How about a 'subscribed threads' panel on the side when you're reading posts, so you can jump straight to your subscribed threads without going back to MYATS.

Oh and one of these too please...

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
hope that wasnt sarcasm coz i'm deadly serious bout a trivia bot

it wasn't...

i mean what i say...

anyway...

thank you fine members and mods for your new features...

i hope that "the higher ups" see this and think about what we have decided...

after all...

its our site too

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
A "get back to chat" button

if your banned you can use it once, but only if tSO or Simon think you deserve it

Yeah I know, I have no live

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
News selection is now democratic, praise and prizes for making good posts are now democratic, why shouldn't punishment and penalties for bad posts become democratic as well.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Dont forget the John Titor forum!
please make one so we can keep all the crap in one place

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I think it would be good to have some sort of seperate area for end times predictions and what not.

Not trying to be seperatist or anything, but it just seems like no matter what discussion is going on, somehow, it usually ends up turning into some religious nonsense, concerning the bible, and revelations.

Isn't there some way to keep all that in one place, and regulate on those who are always turning every discussion into a "christian" Vs. "non-christian" -bible quoting-end of the world- discussion?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
relevent hyperlinking of content. turn off the vaccuum.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
A Random Number Generator.

Yeah, that's what ATS really needs.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I have always preferred this number generator, and I submit it again for the immense benefit of the ATS membership.

It's "primo"!

members.surfeu.fi...

[edit on 17-5-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Thats pretty hilarious, MA.
Nice.

seekerof

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Q: Does a bear **** in the woods?

A: Only when the **** is only divisible by 1 and itself.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Voice chat.

Then you may know the power of:

LEEEEERRROOOY JEEENNKIINNS!

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
And our passing thoughts which never make it into text

(And no doubt a whole lot of bannings)

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
ooh make mine a double chocolate banning suprise on a waffle cone lol

ps: voice chat would rox my sox irl btw fyi irl

pps: WWLJD?

I'll have what she's on for 200 alex

VVVVVVVVVVV

[edit on 18-5-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   
ORDER UP!!!!

(be careful what you wish for
)

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
**A button for the poster of the original topic to call moderator help.

This could be used when the topic goes WAY off course or degenerates into a mud slinging match.
It could pause all postings to the topic until the moderator came along and cleared up the trolls.
It would also be a cool feature to give this button to whomever the mods decide is worth "deputising", whoever wins WATS or whoever has over a certain amount of points or good standing in the ATS community.

**A "quote bank".

While you are reading you could take quotes from different posts and save them for use later on in the same post or in other posts and new threads.
Thus, while reading a particulary long thread you could see if the topic you took the quotes for was already covered and just delete it.
It would make longer threads easier to read and would probably negate the need for repeated new posts on the same topic.
Maybe storage for this feature could be bought with ATS points?

**Best reply voting.

Ever come across a post in a thread which is so well crafted it encapsulates the idea of the topic entirely? Wouldn't it be nice to have other people vote this as the best reply, possibly one and for all argument winning post? It could be quoted at the top of the post and used as a way to raise the bar for more enlightened debates.

**Summary pages

Posts which solicit more than say 30 replies could be given the option of having a summary page for their post. This page could contain relevant links to outside sites, previous discussions, etc.
Also the best pro and con posts, as voted for by the others in the discussion as well as a pie graph showing, say, how many agree/disagree/are undecided in regards the topic of discussion.
Even just people reading could vote on who they agree with, rather than just cluttering up the thread with unnecessary posts.

**A library containing links to the threads of all the most discussed topics?

Posting new topics would cause a search of keywords such as "Titor" "NWO" etc. and direct new posters to already posted material.

**Further sub-division of catagories?

**Somebody said spellchecker. Definitely need one of them guys.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Just a thought.

Would it be possible to make moderators just that. In other words, a member who is a moderator would have a seperate member account for posting their opinions. All moderator posts would be small, avatar and signature-free. Thus their posts would be purely business.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggy
**A button for the poster of the original topic to call moderator help.

No thread belongs to anyone, not once someone posts. You can ask for it to be deleted or to have a mod step in. Want a button for that? Gripe OR u2u, two options right there.

A "quote bank".

IMO, this should automatically warn you for excessive quoting.

Best reply voting

Threads don't end. There are also a lot of threads, A LOT of threads, and to have this done for them is a huge amount of work. Each thread would be a separate little entity. I've got money saying it'd totally fail.

Summary pages

See above.

A library containing links to the threads of all the most discussed topics?

Like the forum page that lists the most viewed and replied threads?

Moderator's having second accounts? Why? We're people, we have views (e.g. see above
) And our views don't interfere with our business and our business doesn't interfere with our business. If they did, then ya just gotta be a better mod, no?

Work hard, play hard.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join