It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

which new ATS feature would you like to see created???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
my other gripe:

for the love of god, move the new posts and chat icons, just like 1 icon atleast between them, my brain doesn't function so well and i always click the one i didnt mean to click on,

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
LMAO!

Originally posted by Sauron

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
The Bush administration extermination button.

Obviously.

*Pushes "Yes"*

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
A larger/remodeled uploading scheme so we can transfer videos and documents to each other, instead of posting links. Sometimes you desperately try to get information to someone else, but you can't bacause they can't find the link from the link you posted on the board.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   
i want the ATSNN headline news back!!! normally i can see like 3 titles of the latest news but now i can't!!!

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
i want the ATSNN headline news back!!! normally i can see like 3 titles of the latest news but now i can't!!!

Yes!
bring back the headlines and bring back the report button for posts!
Plus, i think we should have gender icons

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
In that case, we need Believer & Non-Believer buttons, color-coded for different topics, so we know the basis of others outlooks right off the bat.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Well heres some things I like, I would like the numbers posted at the bottom as well so that I dont have to scroll back up to the top to click to the next 75 or 150 etc.. I would also like if a thread has more than one page to be able to click on that last page or a page number beside the title instead of having to go through several pages. Another feature that would be nice is to be able to put my mouse over the thread title and view a little bit of the thread before I click on it. I listed them in order of value to me.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I would treat all new topic subject lines as a natural language search request. Then have a search results screen as a final screen before creating the new topic. Something like “There appears to be 10,200 threads with this same subject already present on ATS. Why not try looking in one of these before starting your thread?”

This might cut down on the John Titor / Bible Code / Area 51 / Dulce / etc.. duplicate topics and help newer members find information more quickly.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enigmatic Debris
In that case, we need Believer & Non-Believer buttons, color-coded for different topics, so we know the basis of others outlooks right off the bat.

Bad idea. Remember "Deny Ignorance". Every thread should not be pro-this, anti-that. Every thread should be treated independently, with the posibility to change your view on a certain topic if you are convinced otherwise. That`s the whole point. Learning, convince others and be convinced. Not be locked into one mode and be ignorant.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   
but how do you stop the fighting that arises?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Originally posted by Enigmatic Debris

Bad idea. Remember "Deny Ignorance". Every thread should not be pro-this, anti-that. Every thread should be treated independently, with the posibility to change your view on a certain topic if you are convinced otherwise. That`s the whole point. Learning, convince others and be convinced. Not be locked into one mode and be ignorant.

Nice idea unfortunately, it is no longer the case. Mention anything even hinting at religion espicially catholic beliefs, and the flaming begins and the sad part..... the mods do not step in shoot, they ignore the rules and ridicule makes me wonder if it is truly Deny Ignorance or is the motto now Perpetuate Ignorance

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
[
another great one indeed...

keep it up ATSers...

hope that wasnt sarcasm coz i'm deadly serious bout a trivia bot

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
]Just go on irc, there's billions of em. Or, make one yourself.
As for a "member flag" system, why not u2u people? Works nicely...

well i dont wanna go on IRC do I?
i would like to see something that helps the ATS community and i know a trivia feature would be a hit with the fella's (and ladies!!
) on chat.

its not about a room or the trivia bot man, it's all about the community!

thanks,
drfunk

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
How about an "instant message" feature? I know there's the u2u, but something more like IM, so you can converse back and forth while online.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faeryland
How about an "instant message" feature? I know there's the u2u, but something more like IM, so you can converse back and forth while online.

Errmmm....we have chat so i couldnt see an IM system being introduced. Members tend to use MSN, Yahoo, AIM ,etc for IM systems.

I would like to see more power given to FSME's though, the power to edit threads and lock threads aswell in their area.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Since this is a wishlist of sorts:

I want a Poetry subforum in the Collaborative Fiction Forum, short stories has one, I think we need one for all our great poets

closes eyes, crosses fingers and toes and prepares for a long but patient wait........

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The "Be SimonGray for an day" button would be cool.

That or "Be a Mod for a day" would also be interesting.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
"Mod for a day" That's an interesting proposition... Always an eye-opening experience from the other side of the fence, hehe... That'd be pretty cool to attach to the WATS award, imho...

My own suggestions...

1. Gender Icons: great idea
(Male, Female, Undisclosed)
2. A Reptoid Theory Forum (as it touches many areas, despite the fact I think it's hooey
)

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
On the second page somone had the idea of gambling our ATS points, whereas another person said it's illegal. It's not illlegal at all to gamble fake money.

To expand on that idea though I wouldn't mind at all to have more ways for us to spen our ATS points. Perhaps a "sink-hole" for points. A game where it costs ATS points to playu but could also possibly award ATS points.

It would have to be conspiracy related of course.

Another idea I have is to include the ability to tell what you've already read. The background colors for new messages that you havn't read would be a different shade of grey for example. That way people can easily tell what is new in a thread that they have already read. (Hey that rhymes!)

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
How about an icon of an alter where you can give your points up to the great god Atomix! I like it what about you Asala?

Asala: Yes I agree with Atomix

And what about you Simon?

Simon Gray:I also agree and am re-naming the site Atomix.com

And what about YOU???

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
There is one feature I've always thought would be good,
Sub-forums, for instance, you click on the "Aliens and UFOs" forum, and inside there are sub-forums- like "Abductions" UFO sightings"
"Alien species" "Government coverups", something like that in all the forums.

Also maybe some new smileys like a grey alien head, blinking its eyes.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join