It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

which new ATS feature would you like to see created???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
I would like to see several new features in ATS/BTS; a) I would like to see regional "news desks", that is, news from specific world regions; ie., Great Britain, Canada, Baltic region, etc. often news that would be of interest can get lost in the sheer size of ATS/BTS. b) I would love it if ATS/BTS had an internet radio station(s); then I could listen to ATS/BTS topics from users who happen to subscribe to host netbroadcastingd stations from ATS/BTS; it could really be almost any format from music to news to opinions. 3). I would like to see the points system used to an even greater extent than it has been, increased functionality of the ATS/BTS site at incremental levels was one suggestion that was already mentioned in this thread that certainly describes what I envision. Anyway, I look forward to seeing other suggestions. I only hope that the mods take this information and bring it to reality.

yes...

u2u simongray or skepticoverlord...

tell them about this thread

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
A Trivia bot for ATS chat

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk

another great one indeed...

keep it up ATSers...

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
When I get to the end of a thread, I have to hit the up arrows, or scroll back up to the top of the page to browse using the Recent Post, MyATS, etc.

So, while the top buttons are great, I always thought it would be nice to have a set of these at the bottom of the page, too.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso

When I get to the end of a thread, I have to hit the up arrows, or scroll back up to the top of the page to browse using the Recent Post, MyATS, etc.

So, while the top buttons are great, I always thought it would be nice to have a set of these at the bottom of the page, too.

you ATSers are getting better and better!!!

niiice pic also...

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I'd like to see a dumbest post winner each month....(prize of 1000 points)

WAIT! hear me out...HEAR ME OUT!!!!!

The rules would be simple, a member can only nominate themselves. No one can say anyone else said something dumb, they have to admit it themselves and nominate themselves.

I'd win that 1000 points every month cause I can't tell you how many times i've been crucified on the very ground I chose to make a stand on.

At the end of each month the mods could look over the posts that have been submitted by the people who wrote those posts, and declare a winner.

It might make people think a little more before they started typing.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk

Just go on irc, there's billions of em. Or, make one yourself.
As for a "member flag" system, why not u2u people? Works nicely...

I'd like a button that projects this into the sky when I click it.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
I'd like to see a dumbest post winner each month....(prize of 1000 points)

At the end of each month the mods could look over the posts that have been submitted by the people who wrote those posts, and declare a winner.

Wupy

I'm pretty sure this already takes place. Just no points are awarded.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
I'm pretty sure this already takes place. Just no points are awarded.

he is right...

o0o yeah...

THE MASTER SPEAKS!!!

all hail simon gray...

BTW...

we have the same last name

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'd like to see the ATS chat window enlarge-able.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Simon you liek scrubs to? I love that show! oh and OTS
larger chat link
The chat screen is a little magnified.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Id like to see the retarded points system wiped from the face of the earth...as a feature of course.

Maybe a button like the bush admin one?

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The points system is so that you can buy upgrades in the ATS store. What so retarded about it? Oh and remember it's not about how many points you have.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
A "news tips" box for people who don't have the time to write blurb and can pass on news links to an ATS Contributer.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
It would probably be nothing more than a further detraction from ATS's goals, but a sort of stock market or way to gamble away our ATS points, since some people have so effing many that they have no real purpose left for them.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
which new ATS feature would you like to see created???

SPELL CHECKER!

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I dont want to see any new fetures on ATS. I want to see topics debated on merit not BS that means no more French bashing , Bush lied , Anti world and consertive vs liberal posts.

People shouldnt be able to post an image or just a few lines of garbage in order to start flame wars. Members should be able to post there point of view as long as there is some form of argument to back up there statment. Members should also be able to post an article and seek the thoughts of other members as long as the intention is construtive debate.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
a sort of stock market or way to gamble away our ATS points, since some people have so effing many that they have no real purpose left for them.

I'd see you and raise you 9,005, but gambling is against the T & C somewhere.

I would like to see the FSMEs do a bibliography (link library) from within ATS post history and then more broadly reaching, as a sticky at the top of each Forum, so that:

(i) members who are too lazy to search can at least see what has gone before in commonly arising Topics

and

(ii) serious researchers can commence serious research from a springboard rather than from an information vacuum.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Ok just had another thought, spell checker yes, also it would rox my sox if I could use firefox to upload to the site, instead I have to switch to IE if I need to upload in memcenter, in firefox it just blacks out i mean, how else am i suppose to upload this?

vs

[edit on 15-5-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   

makeitso wrote:

Hitting the Home button on your keyboard will take you to the top. End will take you to the bottom. Works for Firefox, not sure about IE.

Lysergic wrote:
SPELL CHECKER!

Use IEspell for Internet Explorer and Spellbound for Firefox. Both are easy to install and awesome to use.

** I agree, the smilies need an overhaul. This one gets my goat because it's so obviously designed to be insulting. -->
This one is overused, but still indispensable I guess. -->

Also, we need a sarcasm indicator smile to avoid confusion, maybe something like this. "Mmm, yes, NORAD never responds to off-path flights. "

** A way for members to applaud moderators in some fashion, like a WATS for moderating in a professional manner.

** A way to boolean display threads started by particular members, not just posts made.

** A wider and taller window in the create post screen would be nice. If you have a really long post, that little window can be a little frustrating to edit within.

** A couple of new awards, like "Whiner of the Month", and also a "Suck-up of the Month" for the "Oh my God, I touched a mod! I TOUCHED A MOD!!" crowd.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join