It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing The Dead In my Dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
When i was a child i dreamt i saw my Grandmother who had died some weeks before. I never spoke about it to anyone. Years later i had a deep frank discussion with my Father over alot of stuff and i told him about my dream. he went very pale and said someone else in the family had exactly the same dream at the same age and time as me.

Has anyone had simmilar experiences like this?

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Yes, i have also had this,

Its known that the dead come to us in our dreams as it is easyer for them to do this,

Its there way of letting us know there ok and looking out for us,

What was the dream about?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Hi there!
Well it was basically of my Grandmother standing in the living room and staring straight at me. She then started to go round and round in a circle which freaked me out.
The other family member dreamt the same thing unknown to me of course until my Father told me many years later .

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Intresting stuff. thing is sometimes we never know the reasons. Ask about and see if there are any other family members who have experienced the same thing.

What kind of feeling did you get from the dream?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
dreams of dead relatives is either a friendly visit or warning.

if grandma incited fear (your freakout) she might be trying to warn you of some sort of upcoming event. Since others in your family has had the same dream, i would think she is trying to pass whatever message/warning to all of you.

if she is dancing in circles? you would have to interpret what she was doing, it is probably good news.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Well i dont know. It was a long time ago, as i was only a child i did feel fear but i think it was because i did not understand. My Mother died in 2002. I would love to have had a dream of her like i did my Grandmother. So far nothing. Could it be that a child's brainwaves are different from that of an adults?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I just did a search on ATS to see if anyone else had dreams like this. I have these very vivid dreams of dead people. Some of them I know and they had already died, and some of them people I dont even know. Its very disturbing.

I lost my cousin to a car accident a few years ago and im thinking maybe its the reason im having these dreams.

In one dream, I had woken up in a house with people I apparently knew. Someone came in the bedroom and said a girl had hung herself in the kitchen and that we all needed to leave the house. But the crazy part was, the only way out the house was through the door in the kitchen. I had to walk by the hanging body in order to get out the house. And what I saw, was not pretty.

But I havent had them in a few months. Until last night. And it involved my cousin Brittany who had died.

What happened was, I was sitting in the house with relatives. And one of them said to me, "Would you like to watch a video of your cousin?" So I said yes figuring it was one of those family videos we use to take when me and Brittany were teenagers. But that wasnt what was on that tape.

On the tape, it was her in the hospital room. She was really drugged up on pain meds. And she was actually walking around and crying and visibly scared, like she knew she was going to die and there wasnt nothing she could do.

I dont know why im sharing this but these dreams really upset me and I dont know why I keep having them.

Thanks for sharing yours.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
When we dream of death, our emotions run high. Feelings of terror, anxiety or even liberation can dominate our mood upon waking. As with any other type of dream, there is no one answer for what the dream means. Generally speaking, however, dreams about death signify much needed change in our lives. Such dreams typically herald symbolic rather than literal death. In this way, death dreams let us know that some part of the self needs to be radically reworked, whether it be one's attitudes, emotions, or relationships.

Though these dreams may be frightening and may linger in our minds for days, they do come to us in service, challenging us to grow and evolve. Like all dreams, the best approach to those of death is to work with them creatively, looking within to ascertain what is no longer needed in our lives, and to determine the direction in which we should proceed.

The death of a loved one may be the result of numerous factors. You may feel genuine anxiety for that person?s well-being. The death may be more symbolic than that as you struggle with the reality of your love for that person as weighed against repressed anger towards them. Finally, it may herald the passing of the relationship if the loved one is romantic and not familial in connection.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Whenever someone close to me dies, within a couple of days they will visit me in my dreams to let me know that they are ok.I have had these dreams since childhood, and my mother has them occassionaly, sometime we have the same dream in one night.

My uncle died a couple of years back,and the family was not given the details with regards to the motuary he was kept in.I had a dream two days after he died, I dreamt that he cam eto tell me where he was.I wrote the name of the place down, and the very next day, my family found his body.

Point is, when you can speak to the dead in your dream, it is more of a gift than a curse.There is nothing wrong with you.Wrte down there dreams once you wake up, the message could be important.

Regards

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
She then started to go round and round in a circle which freaked me out.

when i read this part the hairs on my back raised up. great now i feel scared and i likely will give myself a nightmare tonight.

but anyway as a child as i was sleeping i woke up and i saw someone opening the door and watching me. i always believe i was awake (i was 7) and talked my parents about it thinking it was them. my great grandfather in the phillipines died about 3-4 weeks prior and the whole family said it was him visiting. man i don't think im gonna sleep soon.

edit: i have to add these cuz this is how i currently feel,

[edit on 29-7-2009 by mvirata]

[edit on 29-7-2009 by mvirata]

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I just lost my mom in October of 2010 to a Heart Attack,since she has died i have had dreams of her, some of them i was talking to her and others i was just looking at her.I don't know what that means but she hasn't said anything in the dreams, does it mean she checking in on me or what?
edit on 20-5-2011 by chelleron because: (no reason given)

top topics

join