It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand UFO 1979/1980

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Hello !
Just joined ATS and this is my very first post! I have read many posts on here for several months but i have seen very little discussion on an encounter that took place in Dec 1979/1980 (not quite sure of the year) in New Zealand. The New Zealand News network filmed UFO's spotted over the North Island and film was taken of it apparently changing shape and even forming a loop. Airline pilots also reported it and it was picked up on radar. The sightings took place over a couple of nights and i remember watching the news (BBC) reporting the event at the time.
I know there is alot of disinformation about UFO's/Ailens out there at the moment but i truly believe this case merits further study. What are your views?
Other cases worthy of investigation i think are the Gulf Breeze sightings (I know that the later photo's were apparently faked but i dont think the original ones were) and also Rendlesham Forest in Norfolk , UK.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hi Mate

is this the case your referring to

www.ufocasebook.com...

In the late hours of 30th December 1978, an Argosy freight plane left Wellington, New Zealand - the pilot was Captain Bill Startup, a very experienced flyer and the co-pilot was Bob Guard. The air crew were accompanied by an Australian T.V. unit from Channel 0-10 Network. The purpose of the flight was to try to capture a UFO on film - for some weeks UFOs had been sighted over Cook Strait. When the aircraft was flying over the Pacific Ocean, to the northeast of South Island, the pilots observed a strange object in the sky; they endeavoured to verify their sighting with radar confirmation at Wellington air traffic control. Quentin Fogarty, T.V. reporter, stated that he saw a row of five bright lights which were pulsating and grew from the size of a pinpoint to that of a large balloon. The whole sequence was then repeated, the lights now appearing over the town of Kaikoura, between the aircraft and the ground.

very good story a few good pic there to ponder aswell

Graham

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
YES ! That is the one i was referring to!
Sorry i got my timeline a bit muddled there. Any views on the case anyone?

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It was probably Venus they photographed.

Check out the photos.

I read the case thoroughly, even the airplanes captain wrote a book about it.

The TV Station and crew just probably wanted a "sensational" story to sell around the world.

If you went up in a plane on the North or South Island any night of the week you could expect to duplicate those pictures.

Incidentally, The Cosmic Journey was an original idea from Barnum and Bailey, a circus company, it was them who approached the US Government ( at a low level) about it.

Did anybody really expect the US Government to give all their "best stuff" to a circus company ??

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JayKew

i was on holiday with my family in kaikora new zealand, when i saw huge lights in the sky. i woke my father who became very angry, i became the family joke. i am happy that many other people saw things that night. i do beleive there was something odd in the sky that night

new topics

top topics

join