It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost city of the Grand Canyon

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The Hopi indians said their ancestors lived in the underworld.Could this city be where they came from. Whatever civilization lived here they were pretty advanced for there time.

Here's the link:reptoids.com...

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I've seen this article on several sites and think its very intresting. Just wish more info could be found on it.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Well I have run into a BELIEVABILITY problem within the first paragraph of this article.
They are claiming this Kincaid guy....took a wooden boat from Green River Wyoming all the way down the Grand Canyon.

Ummmmm I DOUBT that one..........

Sure the Colorado river runs THAT WAY...but what about Lake Powell????? Once his boat comes out of the Cateract canyon and into the Hite marina area...he would then have to ROW about a month or MORE....to cross the entirety of Lake Powell. Then what? Just drop his boat over Glen Canyon dam???

Sorry......I am not buyin THAT.
For any person to actually traverse the trail claimed in the article.....they need MOTORS to get across Lake Powell.......and a wentch(winch?sp?) or crane to be lowered down the Glen Canyon dam.
So I stopped reading it...........and am rolling my eyes
at this feeble account.

This would have HAD to take place prior to the building of the dam........
~~~~~~~~
OK ok now I see the date as 1909........so THAT makes it MORE feasible.

I have friends who run Grand Canyon Dorry expeditions...........they are down there all the flippen time........have explored vast areas, and have NEVER seen anything like Egyptian Tombs..........

Its a cool idea though...it WOULD be VERY cool......I just do not find the idea very plausable IMO

[edit on 27-5-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I've never been to the site so I don't know how accessible the cave location is but people have been mountian climbing for a long time, the Alps were crossed long before the use of motors and winches.

[edit on 27-5-2005 by DB Cooper]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I don't know much about the lost cities in the Grand Canyon, but I remember when back in the 80s my husband and I spend three days in the area.

In one of the tours the guides point out that since the construction of the Dam many areas of the Grand Canyon have gotten flooded and that is many caves in the areas that are now under water and no accessible anymore.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I read many articles about this. It can explain why alot of the parts of the Grand Canyon have Egyptian names.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Marg says:

I don't know much about the lost cities in the Grand Canyon, but I remember when back in the 80s my husband and I spend three days in the area. In one of the tours the guides point out that since the construction of the Dam many areas of the Grand Canyon have gotten flooded and that is many caves in the areas that are now under water and no accessible anymore.

No.

If you were in a place where the construction of a dam caused many areas to flood, you were in Glen Canyon, not the the Grand Canyon. Glen Canyon is about a hundred miles upstream from the Grand Canyon and was flooded in the late sixties by the Glen Canyon Dam, and is now called Lake Powell.

The Grand Canyon has never been flooded -- at least since the mid Pleistocene, where there may have been an ice dam near where Havasupai is now.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
here's a link to inform you about the OFF LIMITS ,HIGH SECURITY area's in grand canyon . I think bobby and cindy brady were in that area HEHEHE

www.gci-net.com...

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
jonSUN says:

I read many articles about this. It can explain why alot of the parts of the Grand Canyon have Egyptian names.

Except that they don't. Some of the names are of East Indian gods , such as Vishnu Temple or Brahma Temple; there is a Zoroaster Temple, which is Persian; but these names were given by White people in the 1800s. The rest of the names are either those or early white settlers or explorers (such as Jacob Lake), named for some of the Indian guides (like Kivagunt or Kwagunt) or just words in the local (Zuni, Hope, Navajo, Ute, Kavasupai) tribes.

Here's a gazetteer:

www.grandcanyontreks.org...

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Yes I guess you are right, we did visit the entire area and we travel from the north to south across central US we left NY after coming back from vacationing in Puertorrico and travel in a straight line then went south to Colorado waking up to an early winter storm we were to get to California and then to Hawaii, occurs this was back in 84 been a long time taking in consideration we took one week from east to west and I was taking care of my then two months old daughter, I guess to me it looked like all was the grand canyon.

I did remember stopping to see some ancient ruins, and then staying in Flagstaff I believe, then seen the littler canyon and then the big canyon but we did stop to the dam and also the petrified forest all during the same trip.

So perhaps I got the sites mix up.

I have to say that I had a great time going across country.

After three years in Hawaii we came back but took the trip then through Las Vegas, Utah cutting across to go back to NY so we could then leave for Puertorrico on vacation.

I have been across country four times since then, due to military assignments Its only few state I have never been or at least cross over and that is the upper west states.

Military life is wonderful.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I agree, Marg. It's 10:30 local time now on Saturday, and Dawn and I are taking the dog and heading up to Flagstaff in about a half-hour to run around at an altitude of 6500 feet and visit Wupatki ruins.

Next time you and your husband come out here, get in touch and we can show you some coolr ruins!

Duncan.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Thanks Off the Street is nice to be with people that knows the area, rather than reliying on maps and booklets

The sad think is that all the pictures I took from the travel I left then in a portable toilet somewhere in the grand canyon, I forgot my camera, we went back to see if we could find it but it was to late.

I will always remember that one.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I always found this topic interesting. Here is a link from awhile back with some interesting ideas.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Well.......lets say this article IS true.
In 1909 the Glen Canyan was considered to be a part of the vast Grand Canyon.
There WERE many more ancient living sites in GLen Canyon than there are now in the Grand Canyon. Maybe this explorer guy was in the Glen Canyon area?

Prior to building the dam....archiologists were given a certain amount of time to 'save' what they could before the deluge. There were very weird rock formations down there. There were HUGE mushroom shaped standing stones......vast caverns Some had been lived in by the Freemont indians and the Anassazi (sp?) They removed perfect mummies from burial sites.
****( the ancient natives did NOT practice mumification, the mummies were created by the perfectly dry climate)*** They brought out expertly crafted, beautifull pottery.
Smooth stone walls were covered in ancient rock art. ALL THIS was covered under Lake Fowell "cough cough" Powell I mean.
~MAYBE~ this Egyptian cave or tomb was in this area, and now we will never know without cave divers.
There is also the POSSIBILITY......that maybe some Egyptian Royall or something had a ship that came to North America. Back in those days the Grand Canyon had never been dammed and it flowed all the way to the sea. WHAT IF some Egyptians attempted to go up the river.......and landed somewhere up in the vast canyon area. Maybe they unloaded the stuff they brought from home to decorate the new cave?......maybe it was some exiled rich person? Hey I dunno I am postulating here......that it COULD be true....................maybe.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It all sounds pretty fishy to me and I am inclined to belive a lot of native american myth to be more truthful then the governments would allow us to belive!

Better go back and examine Elephant's cave in LLandudno North Wales LOL
You never no, I may find the odd homeless and you never no what else!

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Infiltrator
The Hopi indians said their ancestors lived in the underworld.Could this city be where they came from.

The hopi have their legends from their 'mother' tribe the Anasazi. Google that name or try www.cultures.com...

[edit on 1-6-2005 by Ghaele]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
here's a link for some good reading

www.gci-net.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
jonSUN says:

Except that they don't. Some of the names are of East Indian gods , such as Vishnu Temple or Brahma Temple; there is a Zoroaster Temple, which is Persian; but these names were given by White people in the 1800s. The rest of the names are either those or early white settlers or explorers (such as Jacob Lake), named for some of the Indian guides (like Kivagunt or Kwagunt) or just words in the local (Zuni, Hope, Navajo, Ute, Kavasupai) tribes.

Here's a gazetteer:

www.grandcanyontreks.org...

Heres some egyptiain names too.

Poring over the map, we were amazed to see that much of the area on the north side of the canyon has Egyptian names. The area around Ninety-four Mile Creek and Trinity Creek had areas (rock formations, apparently) with names like Tower of Set, Tower of Ra, Horus Temple, Osiris Temple, and Isis Temple.

www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
JonSUN says:

Poring over the map, we were amazed to see that much of the area on the north side of the canyon has Egyptian names. The area around Ninety-four Mile Creek and Trinity Creek had areas (rock formations, apparently) with names like Tower of Set, Tower of Ra, Horus Temple, Osiris Temple, and Isis Temple.

True, but those names were given by Whites who visited the area (many of them Mormons sent south by Prsident Young to settle in Arizona).

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Has anyone gotten any different Info on this? i did a search and came up with the same article over and over again....Is it possible for their to be a lost civilization (semi advanced) in North America?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join