It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name calling.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
We are having a huge increase of name calling in this forum, by both Masons and non-Masons. It has gotten out of control.

This would take forever to deal with by way of u2u, thus this thread.

Check out #2 of the T&C:

2.) You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

ATS is an amazing avenue for discussion, the name calling does nothing to forward this site, or your point. Imagine a person looking in and thinking, "Should I join"? Seeing the abusive postings, would you?

Let's keep ATS head and shoulders above the rest of the net. Only you can do this.

Thank you.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I would like to commend you for your leadership on this topic. It's very easy to fall into the trap of rage when questioned. I'm sorry to all for engaging in this type of behavior.

Intrepid is right. If we abuse this gift, it will dissappear. This is the best site of it's kind & we need to use it with respect. I am very gracious for the opportunity this site affords so many. So much knowledge can be gained through this medium. Now we need to take advantage of it. Thank you again Intrepid.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enigmatic Debris
It's very easy to fall into the trap of rage
This is the best site of it's kind

You abuser of apostrophes, Enigmatic Debris!

A friendly reminder of T & C is all that's needed sometimes. The problem is not unique to a forum discussing masonry/secret societies. But perhaps people have different standards about "what's in a name?" I think we all have a sense of what is civil in conversation and forum dialogue but some members they just ain't got no couth about it, at all. Never have, maybe never will.

[edit on 15-5-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

new topics

join