It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X ????

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
What do you think of planet X ..is it on its way? Does it even exist ?

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I believe it exists. There are some pictures of it behind the sun so maybe later in this year while we rotate farther around it we will see it. Or it could just stay behing playing a game of hide and go seek with us. I believe Planet X could explain the World Wide Seismic Event...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nightwalker

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I believe that it probably exists but it wont be a big deal, and it definately wont cause the destruction that alot of people seem to think it will. It's all hype.

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Planet X has been phographed by the Hubble telescope, and seems to have an internal nebula providing heat. This could be why many believe that it is inhabited even though it reaches the furthest points of our solar system where most other planets would be far too cold to support life.
Catch up on Planet X/Nibiru on Zechariah Sitchen's site.

jra

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
ummm... how can a planet have an internal nebula? is that even scientifically possible? so a star exploded inside the planet and made a nebula that some how provides heat? that doesn't really make any sence at all.

i think planet x is nothing but a bunch of rubbish. i don't see how astronomers (amature and professional) could miss it, if it were there.

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Sorry jra, I mean't orbiting nebula and by the way astronomers do recognise a planetary body in our solar system, that's why NASA called it planet X.

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
We can detect planets orbiting stars on the other side of the galaxy by the tiny gravitational wobble, how could we miss something that big in our own backyard? Like missing a corpse in the bathtub!

jra

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
ok oh that makes a bit more sence pixilar

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 03:37 AM
link   
NASA never officially called it PLanet X. the NASA page you saw that on was one made by a kid. notice the emphasis on "just for kids"

Nibiru could have already exploded and its remnants sit between Mars and Jupiter (the asteroid belt)... HOWEVER

this thing purportedly has a retrograde orbit of 3200 years. last time it was here, it seems, was sometime between 1000-100BC, but my bets are on the time of Alexander the Great. so, what this means is, until we have a concrete date that bases Planet X's last arrival in our inner solar system, we can never know for sure when it will be back (duh, right?)

"nebula inside a planet"
that's a good one. like the goofy-ass brown dwarf idea. sheesh. debunkers will shoot anything from their mouth, won't they?

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The term 'nebula' simply means cloud. (latin I think)

A nebula (in astronomical terms) orbiting a planet is absurd. Since nebula are created by exploding stars... the matter in a nebula would equal the mass of a star... so you're telling me that a star is orbiting a planet? I think not. Perhaps if the planet was REALLY REALLY REALLY big (like a LOT bigger than jupiter kinda' big)... then it might have a kind of asceration disc of nebulous matter pulled FROM a nebula... but even then, if it's orbiting our sun (which isn't really NEAR any nebulas) how'd that matter get there. Unless it came from outside our solar system, that's a bunch of BS.

[Edited on 3-8-2003 by Greyhaven]

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   
There may be a planet X, but I dont think so. I would think we would have seen it by now.

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
xfacts.com...

This link should give fuel to discussion on whether their is or not a 12th planet.

Michael

ps - I believe it's there

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ark-Angel
xfacts.com...

This link should give fuel to discussion on whether their is or not a 12th planet.

Michael

ps - I believe it's there

I agree with you Ark, the sumerian texts have clearly proved that ancient knowledge of our solar system says there is a twelth planet if we include the sun and moon as planets, which they would have done in those days.

I take it you have read the Earth Chronicles - Zechariah Sitchin?

jra

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
i've seen that site befor. it's interesting.. one thing i noticed though. on page two. it has a picture of some old sumerian tablet that shows the picture of our solar system and then a picture below it shows a diagram of it... anyway. in that diagram it labels nibiru between mars and jupiter. so what if there was 12 planets befor at one time, but something happened to it and it's now a bunch of little rocks floating in space. i would believe that theory.

one thing that really kills the credibility of that page though is that stuff on page 3 where it talks about planet x hitting the earth and cutting it in half. if that ever happened the earth wouldn't have healed from something like that. the whole earth would have broken apart from a hit like that. imagine the forces at work there. you wouldn't get a clean slice so to speak.

so i still don't think nibiru exsists, if it did, it's gone now and just a bunch of small rocks in our asteriod belt.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Scientists now conclude that the asteroid belt is composed of the earth's crust, which supports Sitchins theory of this planet being hit.
He actually states that it was the following wind of Nibiru that hit the earth, not the planet itself.

Take care, jra.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 04:37 PM
link   
jra,

I believe the effect of plate tektonics is working to smooth out the collission between the moons of both planets that slammed into each other. Pangea is what the link explains.

Pluto was found with Math before we ever found it, so their are people doing the math and they feel one more something is doing something to our system.

For me it's in the written text that keeps showing how those people wayyyyyyyy in the past knew about planets and how many there were should also know what effect those planets did to our own world. This world if there will change our thinking perhaps from conflict with each other to survival from this other world and the damage it could bring with it in gravitational pull.

The Hammered bracelet sounds like a line out of Stargate series, but also could help bring out the truth of who we are.

Michael

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   

jra

posted on Aug, 9 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   
i don't get that first link. what's it talking about exactly? they think those "clouds" near the sun are something to do with planet x or something? those are solar flares. and then they are gone 3 days later.. well duh. it's constantly changing.. i've seen an animated gif version of this one somewhere. and then some one also states that the stars and venus don't line up... and again i'll give a big "duh!" to them, it's 3 days later. i'm sorry but those people are so clueless.

Ark: i don't think plate tektonics would have worked for this, but thats just my opinion. where would all that matter come from to reform the other half of the planet? plus if you were to cut the earth in half. what would happen to the water on the surface? especialy the stuff near the edges? wouldn't it just flow off into space?

pixilair: got any links that support this theory of the asteriods being from the earth? how did they find out it was from earth exactly? and wind coming from Nibiru? i'm not sure how that works exactly.

EDIT: found that animated gif sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

[Edited on 9-8-2003 by jra]

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 06:43 AM
link   
This is complete BS, have you listened to yourselves. Please stop making fools of youself.

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This is almost 4 years old...

I wonder how close it is now?

Oct. 7, 1999 � Two teams of researchers have proposed the existence of an unseen planet or a failed star circling the sun at a distance of more than 2 trillion miles, far beyond the orbits of the nine known planets. The theory, which seeks to explain patterns in comets� paths, has been put forward in research accepted for publication in two separate journals.

www.msnbc.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join