It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America kept in dark as carnage escalates

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Syrian Sister. I share your rage over many things I have just learnt to channel this in a different way. Not to say it is the best way but I sometimes manage to achieve results that do make a difference.

Don't assume that you are the only one who is capable of seeing the world for what it is. Expect my 2u2.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I believe that the media should not be allowed to print or show anything during a time of war unless approved by the government. They are the ones you should blame on the civil war. They have only spread this civil war and the Iraq's are laughing. Look what happens everytime some radicals behead one of our americans they use the media to spread their prpoganda.

Lets remember, Did we all forget that Iraq was already at civil war before we invaded. Has anyone taken the time to research everything that was going on in Iraq despite if there was or was not any weapons of mass distruction ? It was a humanity issue. No other country had the balls to stand up to saddam accept the good ole USA !

True I would have liked to have seen this money go for something else. But when it comes to crazy people like sadddam who had killed millions of his own in the last 10 years alone needed to be stopped.

Hmmmmm- Education in Africa or Save Human Lives and establish a democracy in the east ? Should be a no-brainer.

Well despite when we went in, we would have been in the middle east soon anyway. Just wait- there is much more to come out of the east and we the american people will rejoice that our troops are already present. And it has nothing to do with oil ! If it did we would have taken over the pipelines a long time ago. Well that blows that theory, So why are we there ? It's much deaper than oil ! We can survive without crude oil if we wanted too. There is a lot of alternatives

Don't read the half truths of the media on TV, Radio or Paper.

We must continue to search for the truth. There is enough info out there without getting swayed by the liberal media that runs this country !

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Syrian Sister's righteousness is simultaneously blinding and nausea-inducing.

You find righteousness nauseating? That's very sad for you, i suppose you like injustice then.

Most people who have an open mind avoid such gems as:

"I can see both sides, i read it all from day one, that's why i can tell, who is lying, and who is righteous."

Do they now? And why is that, someone who has an open mind, find the truth, and can tell you, who is lying, and who is righteous.

At least you keep this interesting.

Al least

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thetruthisoutthere

The most ironic thing about this website which claims to "deny ignorance", is that someone by the name of "the truth is out there", can say the following.

"I believe that the media should not be allowed to print or show anything during a time of war unless approved by the government" .

It looks like you want to KEEP the truth out there instead of realing it in.

You talk of giving other democracy and freedom, but if the democracy and freedom your talking about, is the same one that would repress media, has no freedom of the press, and covers up the truth. Then no wonder no one is buying your orwellian version of pseudo-freedom.

[edit on 27-5-2005 by Syrian Sister]

[edit on 27-5-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truthisoutthere
I believe that the media should not be allowed to print or show anything during a time of war unless approved by the government.

Yes, that's a great idea. We all want to see a situation just like Germany, 1937. Aside from anything else it would be impossible for the US government to do this, as the "media" is international. How would the US stop the rest of the world writing and showing what it wanted? And how would it stop US citizens from accessing this information?

Lets remember, Did we all forget that Iraq was already at civil war before we invaded.

It may have been under the rule of a pyschotic despot, but it was not having a civil war.

Has anyone taken the time to research everything that was going on in Iraq despite if there was or was not any weapons of mass distruction ? It was a humanity issue. No other country had the balls to stand up to saddam accept the good ole USA !

So the US did this for purely humanitarian reasons? You really are very naive.

True I would have liked to have seen this money go for something else. But when it comes to crazy people like sadddam who had killed millions of his own in the last 10 years alone needed to be stopped.

Can you present any data to support that assertion? He simply did not kill "millions" of his own citizens - even US propoganda does not claim this. Millions were killed as a result of the Iran-Iraq war (was more than 10 years ago). A war which Saddam was encouraged to fight by the US, who even supplied arms (including weapons of mass destruction) which prolonged the war.

Hmmmmm- Education in Africa or Save Human Lives and establish a democracy in the east ? Should be a no-brainer.

What democracy? Which lives saved? Africa every time if you want to help the most people (rather than dropping bombs on them)

It's much deaper than oil ! We can survive without crude oil if we wanted too. There is a lot of alternatives

What is cheaper than oil? No, you could not survive without oil - the entire US economy is based on it (along with the rest of the world, but more so). Imagine your life without cars or electricity or plastics.....

No, listen to your complete non-truths.

We must continue to search for the truth. There is enough info out there without getting swayed by the liberal media that runs this country !

Oh, I was under the impression that a load of hard right christians and neocons ran the US. I didn't realise that it was CNN, how silly of me. Or is it those other liberals, Fox?

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truthisoutthere

You are Funny!

Liberal Media that Runs this Country?!?

You have to Be Joking here, maN!

WHAT Liberal Media runs America - which one?

As I remember there is a Very Powerful man in America, named Rupert Murdoch, and his Media Empire is THE Wet Dream of Nazi Propaganda Machine Master Goebells himself! Man, he would get multiple orgasms, if he saw what Fox News is doing and calling it Journalism!

I suggest you check the documentary Outfoxed, and see what Republican Media - Propaganda Machine is doing to America.

Or check this thread, of mine:

FOX NEWS: We Report, You Decide

...and then Talk about how Liberal media is running America!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join