It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US ready to launch nuke attacks on hostile countries: Report

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Yep, i knew it...another couch potato wannabe communist who knows nothing about communism....

Never claimed to be a communist, as stated elsewhere you should not assume.So is name calling just what you do?

[edit on 16-5-2005 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Is there any other source for this than Hindustan Times? If the article is factual, we can't say this is just business as usual. There's been some major changes to the chain of command and nuclear policy.

Two months later, Bruce Carlson, commander of the 8th Air Force, had said that his fleet of B-2 and B-52 bombers had changed its way of operating so that it could be ready to carry out such missions.

"We are now at the point where we are essentially on alert," Carlson said in an interview with the Shreveport Times.

When military officials refer to global strike, they stress it is conventional elements. However, global strike also includes a nuclear option, which run counter to traditional US notions about the defensive role of nuclear weapons, the Post said.

"Global strike has become one of the core missions for the Omaha-based Strategic Command or Stratcom. Once, Stratcom oversaw only the nation's nuclear forces. Now it has responsibility for overseeing a global strike plan with both conventional and nuclear options.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Fry'em, fry'em all before they fry us. Iran and N Korea should fry if they don't disarm now.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xenersys
Fry'em, fry'em all before they fry us. Iran and N Korea should fry if they don't disarm now.

And what, you want my grandchildren and your grandchildren to walk on 3 legs, have a couple of additional fingers and a visible third eye?

Biaaatch, are you retarded?

Seriously, human stupidity is inmeasurable

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku

And what, you want my grandchildren and your grandchildren to walk on 3 legs, have a couple of additional fingers and a visible third eye?

So it is your wish not to have children or grandchildren? If things keep going on the current path Iran and NK will attack the US and or Israel.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Xersys,

Since I live neither in the US or Israel, what do I care?

Neither the US or Israeli governments consult me on their actions so why should I be worried when their chickens come home to roost?

Cheers

BHR

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku

So it is your wish not to have children or grandchildren? If things keep going on the current path Iran and NK will attack the US and or Israel.

This paranoia they have been feeding you has been going on for far too long. In case you havent noticed, nobody is nuking anyone, its all used for better positions at the bargaining table, so just chill your bad temper and start using that brain cell before writing crap like you did that just pisses more people off.
Thank god (or powers that be) that at least politicians have more common sense than you...for now....

Sorry if it sounds like a flame, but you really need to put things in perspective. We are sharing this planet you know

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   

We are the ones that put them on this 'current path', we sold NK it's reactor and we're FORCING Iran and NK to build nuclear weapons to protect themselves from us. You seriously think they're going to ATTACK us with 5 or 6 bombs?

Please.. wake me when they have 5 or 6 thousand tactical nukes and something more effective than a leaky boat to get them here.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The real danger is if iran lends its nukes to Al-Queda or something, and if the nuke attack on the US takes place under the terror outfit's banner then you wont have a target to use your claimed 5000+ nukes on, while USA will be greatly damaged both physically and most importantly, economically.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Is there any other source for this than Hindustan Times? If the article is factual, we can't say this is just business as usual. There's been some major changes to the chain of command and nuclear policy.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

www.armscontrol.org...

Look for the new triad on page 5 in this government doc.

armed-services.senate.gov...

[edit on 16-5-2005 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I really feel I must say this.:

You cant hug your children with nuclear arms.

Yeah, its a bit cliched, but whatever.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It is really moot for all of you to discuss the pros and dangers of nuclear weapons. It is inevitable that we are all going to be affected by a limited global nuclear exchange in the near future.

The age of entropy is already upon humanity. Eventually, everything will have to be changed on a global scale, regardless of your opinions and feelings on these nuclear matters.

Whenever I ask people I know about what if there would be a nuclear war coming inevitably, I'm somewhat surprised and puzzled by their casual indifference to it before they could answer, "Yeah..." with a shrug.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
As far as I'm concerned the US should launch the nukes at themselves as they are the ones that are the agressor here. Always have been always will be. In president bush's words himself.

"I am a war president"

"Now watch this drive" (speaking from his favorite golf course in texas)

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_oleneo
The age of entropy is already upon humanity. Eventually, everything will have to be changed on a global scale, regardless of your opinions and feelings on these nuclear matters.

True, the only thing that I do not understand is how most people in the USA are completely un-aware of their governments plans to strike first, thereby initiating the nuclear conflict. The people feel this is justified due to their mindless fear , and ignorance of other nations.

I agree with your statement on the age of entropy, but there is is no need to parrot jingoist propaganda (not insinuating you) which does nothing but help to accelerate this all too probable future.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin

Originally posted by Sauron
It’s really not that hard to believe. Bush was asked once what he thought history would have to say about him. His answer was it doesn’t matter we will all be dead.

I have heard that before. When and where did he say that?

[edit on 15-5-2005 by phoenixhasrisin]
You know this really pisses me off, and to think there are still THE ONES WHO DEFEND HIM.
And after these words, he is still defended- the commander in Thief who is here to protect our country? Ba ha ha ha ha
hsa ah ah ah ahaha

You know, i'm almost hoping he never said this at all. I'd be able to sleep better tonight...Unreal.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy
The real danger is if iran lends its nukes to Al-Queda or something, and if the nuke attack on the US takes place under the terror outfit's banner then you wont have a target to use your claimed 5000+ nukes on, while USA will be greatly damaged both physically and most importantly, economically.

You mean we don't know where Al-Quaeda are? We're fighting them right? Or is it the Afghans? No, sorry the Iraqi's... Damn, I guess we really don't know where they are.

For DG... errr, your avatar... what's above that's secret?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Probe,
What do you mean?

Dont mind me, i'm in a foul mood

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
well there doesn't seem to be anything secret left above.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
*composes self*

I get your drift...

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
First strike capability???

America has been in the buisness of modifying these plans since the weapons were invented..the plans have only been modified to take advantage of the new inventions in delivery systems.

First strike is nothing new...its been around all along and the plans laid out..they just have not been made public.

There have been plans for attacking Canada, Mexico..Central America too.

What world are you people living in...?? The Apprentice, Fear Factor.?? ad nausium?? The Cowboys, Redskins??Lakers???

What do you people imagine they do in these think tanks paid for by government????

You make up your own minds as to how much fear your going to let govern your lives. Just remember ..first strike plans are nothing new...at all..ever..

Thanks,
Orangetom

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join