It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World tensions rise, can we come together for the olympics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
World tension is rising everyday, with countries pointing fingers at each other and conflicts breaking out all over. Will we be able to come together as a world in 2008 for the olympics in Beijing? It seems noone can get along anymore without controversy and will this hurt the games? I hope not.

The olympics have been a source for the world to get together. Will this change in the future? With situations all over, countries being over thrown and people talking of a new world order. Can we come together again as a whole or are we done. Mankind is on the edge of a breakdown and I hope in 2006/ 2008 we can pull it back together and get over our indifferences. If the way we act now is the way of the future I guess it is over, but if there are people out there that can just stop pointing and get along maybe the message of the olympics will be heard.

Maybe we can just get along for once!

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I'm grateful that I don't watch tv anymore, because I HATE THE DAMN OLYMPICS

I mean how snoretacular, oh look somebody swimming, hey look that guy is running really fast, hey look at those dudes on bikes i hope one of them crashes because i'm in yawnsville.

however why would this stop the olympics? would to me seem like more reason to compete and say well, our people can dunk over your people so yeah how about that.

lol man nothing against you but growing up I HATED when the olympics would come on it ruined television for me, not that there is much to ruin now, lets see i think everything is basically reality show or a CSI Spin off.

Odd

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
world tensions have been worse.

ever hear of the 80s?

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Theres more than just watching tv involved with these games and I am sorry if you cant watch your favorite Tv shows when there on.

And these games have been cancelled before in the past and they do have an influence on the world.... believe it or not

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
too each their own, some like to watch WWF or whatever acronym they call it now, other prefer boxing, I find the olympics to be a bore, just like the xgames become a bore.

but I'm not wanting to stop anyone from viewing it, and don't worry I don't watch tv so I'll be just fine

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Is there anything more boring than the Olympics? I mean, I enjoi volleyball, but not much else. Too many personal short documentaries on all the American participants. It takes away from the Olympics better events.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I think most olympic sports are boring as hell (actually I'm not a sports guy period), although I'm always amazed by the gymnasts and figure skaters. If that makes me less of a man, then so be it.

But I always, always get a thrill out the olympics for the simple reason that you get to see countries compete with each other in a way that's not based on the traditional political posturing and military buildups.

-koji K.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
the summer olympics are awesome. I think they show too much swimming, and if there is a big time difference, there is little surprise as to who won unless you are very diligent about avoiding news.

We have always come together at the olympics. Munich in 1976 was awful with the arabs and jews (whats new), but if we can go to athens, very close to the ME, and not have any problems...

every little thing, is gonna be allright

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ncbrian211
World tension is rising everyday, with countries pointing fingers at each other and conflicts breaking out all over. Will we be able to come together as a world in 2008 for the olympics in Beijing? It seems noone can get along anymore without controversy and will this hurt the games? I hope not.

The olympics have been a source for the world to get together. Will this change in the future? With situations all over, countries being over thrown and people talking of a new world order. Can we come together again as a whole or are we done. Mankind is on the edge of a breakdown and I hope in 2006/ 2008 we can pull it back together and get over our indifferences. If the way we act now is the way of the future I guess it is over, but if there are people out there that can just stop pointing and get along maybe the message of the olympics will be heard.

Maybe we can just get along for once!

It has happened in the past, and it will happen again. At some point in history, Olympic games have stopped. It will happen again. The last time it stopped, the dark ages followed.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Yeah, beach volleyball isn't a pain to watch but it's too bad all the female swimmers have the builds of men. I guess it's kind of like soccer, a lot of countries love it, but others can't stand it - I don't watch all that much network television, but if the olympics ever make me miss "Lost" well then, that is ridiculously unacceptable.

top topics

join