It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Israel bias found in US TV news

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by banjo_guru
No bias in the media? What turnip truck did you fall off of?
The news media plays right into the hands of the terrorists (Palestinians), by spreading only the portions of the conflict that put Israel in the worst light.

Amazing how the Israelis are painted as being the invaders in the land.
Could not be farther from the truth. The Palestians are the invaders.

When the Balfour Declaration and the League of Nations gave the land title to Israel, the slogan was "A land with no people for a people with no land" ( or something of that effect). While there were indigenous tribes there, it was a barren wasteland of swamps and deserts that man could scarcely live in.
Go read your history, see if I'm lying.
( Of course, if you're American, you wouldn't know because the government has constantly rewritten and changed the history books , the same way they accused the Soviets of doing in the 60s, as they looked down their noses at them for it)
The Jewish settlers moved in, gave their sweat and blood, faced malaria, and other things, but eventually the desert began to bloom.
The simple truth of the matter is the land belongs to Israel, deeded by the one true God, the Palestinians will never let there be peace because all they want is to drive Israel into the sea, they do not want peace.
Surah 9:5 makes it plain that Islaam is to 'kill the infidels where it can find them'. It gives instructions to make pacts with them or whatever it needs to do, honor is of no value. There is nothing I can see that's peaceful about Islaam.
The conflict goes back to Abraham's two sons, Isaac and Ishmael.
It will never go away until the end of time.
You can take all I say with a grain of salt if you like; facts are facts, you can't change them.
Banjo

Banjo_Guru, What made Isreal bloom was US dollars. You do the geometry, take 3 billion dollars per year, up front plus 3 billion US dollars under the table, calculate the area of a dollar, calculate the area of Israel and you tell us how many times we have buried Isreal in dollar bills. With that kind of money, we could have made Mars bloom and you know I am not kidding.

The Israelis forced the Palestinians out of their houses at gunpoint--yes with the backing of the USA. Little wonder Arabs refer to us as the Big Satan and Israel as the Little Satan. The Palestinians still have their keys to the homes stolen from them by the Israelis. Oh yes, by the way, the Isrealis invented terrorism to frighten off the Palestinians. Two gangs were involved, the Stern Group and another one with a Hebrew name. All the leaders of Isreal have come from one gang or another. In other words, they are all terrorists. The USA deals with Israeli terrorists who have bombed and shot children because they are the "good guys". In fact, all Israeli PMs and members of government are simply thugs. The FAT PIG is perhaps worst of all. He has already been indited by the Hague International Court for war crimes---we are doing business with this guy---and attempts to extradite him will begin after he leaves office. What a bunch of sleeze balls.

posted on Jun, 23 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
What I considered stupid (maybe not the correct word) was the concept of a pro arab, anti america and anti israel biased news organization, pointing the finger at other news agencies callling them pro-american and pro israel.

Now if american news agencies said "Look AJ is pro arab, anti american, and anti israeli" what would be the reaction here? Nothing except to say that it is self evident. And for this it is self evident as well.

There is no neutral media, that is one of the first things you learn about media reporting.

All news is all colored by the organization who pumps it out. To assume that it is neutral or should be neutral is niave, it can never be that way.

All you do is select a news agency to follow and believe that matches your OWN biasness. So not only is the sender of the information biased, so is the reciever of the information.

So a thread like this is merely people talking about their own biasness in relation to the biasness of the news organization.

[edit on 22-6-2005 by Netchicken]

There is a saying the Wolfs gains is the sheep lose and the sheep gain is the wold lose

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Once again I re-iterate:
You can take all I say with a grain of salt if you like; facts are facts, you can't change them.
The Palestinians are the terrorists, the Arabs that were there when Israel moved in in 1948 either decided to stay and live peacably or move out.
The Palestinians who stir up all the trouble are outsiders that moved in with Yasser 'chief terrorist' Arafat.
Banjo

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Once again I re-iterate:
The Palestinians are the terrorists, the Arabs that were there when Israel moved in in 1948 either decided to stay and live peacably or move out.
The Palestinians who stir up all the trouble are outsiders that moved in with Yasser 'chief terrorist' Arafat.
Banjo

Banjo, the Palestinians didn't move into Palestine, they were always there. It is their home. The Israelis moved in, using two terrorist groups, really gangs, and bombing civillians including the British Administratiors. Use as search words "King David Hotel" and you will have an example. Almost all the PMs of Israel have come from one or the other of these two terrorist gangs. I have no idea who Isaac or Ishmael are or what they have to do with anything. As far as "going away" is concerned, the Israelis better learn to swim and maintain good relations with the Island of Rhodes.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forschung
Banjo, the Palestinians didn't move into Palestine, they were always there. It is their home. The Israelis moved in, using two terrorist groups, really gangs, and bombing civillians including the British Administratiors.

Oh damn them Palestinians for living there then! The Jews own everything, is it so hard to ask for a few more acres of desert?

No one wanted the friggin area Isreal was in till the Jews made a huge comeback after WWII. The Arabs were all up in arms because it gives them something to do besides just marrying thier first cousin.

Isreal is the only country in the region that has made something of its land. They dont have oil deposites of note, so they actually farm the land. What a concept!!

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by WissNX01

Originally posted by Forschung
The Arabs were all up in arms because it gives them something to do besides just marrying thier first cousin.

That's the kind of statements that infuriates me, the twisted view some poeple have of the Palestinians/muslims in general sickens me, i'dd like to see you live there for a week...

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
You know what, I lived among them for several months during training with the Jordainian Army, Saudi Army, and the Kuwaiti Army. I dont know what group was more inbread, but Ill have to pick the Jordainians. All three groups were sick bastards always talking about the Jew conspiracy against them. And when they were not talking about that, they were trying to buy one of our 18 year old privates. They just didnt have the money that would have covered it.

Some were okay, but you should have seen the looks on thier faces when I told them I have Jewish heritage. Naturally I let them bash the Jews during all the exercises. But right before I got on the helo, I made sure that they were friendly with a Jew sympathizer. I hope they cursed me to hell and hexed me or whatever they do.

Of the Arab/Muslims I have encountered on a more personal level, the best one are the ones that were born and raised here. Sometimes they are more American than we give them credit for. But I dont trust a single one that is over there.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Also, UAE and Bahrain is no picnic. Try having off base liberty around those freaks. Ill tell you one thing though, the Bahrainis sure love the Russian hookers.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   

When the Balfour Declaration and the League of Nations gave the land title to Israel, the slogan was "A land with no people for a people with no land" ( or something of that effect). While there were indigenous tribes there, it was a barren wasteland of swamps and deserts that man could scarcely live in.
Go read your history, see if I'm lying.
Banjo

Yeap, Jerusalem was a wasteland in 1947. Really.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Television coverage of the Middle East conflict in the US slants news towards Israel's point of view by giving disproportionate coverage to Israeli deaths, a journalist says.

Well, DUUUUH....

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterpYeap, Jerusalem was a wasteland in 1947. Really.

In 1897, under order of First Zionist Congress president Theodor Herzl, two Austrian rabbis traveled to Palestine to explore the possibility of locating a Jewish state there. "The bride is beautiful," the rabbis cabled Herzl, "but she is married to another man." That "other man" was the Palestinian Arab nation, long established in the region as a political entity. Undeterred, Herzl pressed on with his program of emigration, ignoring Palestine's existing occupants and creating in the process what came to be known as the "Arab question."

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by IlluSionS667
In 1897, under order of First Zionist Congress president Theodor Herzl, two Austrian rabbis traveled to Palestine to explore the possibility of locating a Jewish state there. "The bride is beautiful," the rabbis cabled Herzl, "but she is married to another man." That "other man" was the Palestinian Arab nation, long established in the region as a political entity. Undeterred, Herzl pressed on with his program of emigration, ignoring Palestine's existing occupants and creating in the process what came to be known as the "Arab question."

Nice Find!

"The bride is beautiful, but she is married to another man."

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by WissNX01
You know what, I lived among them for several months during training with the Jordainian Army, Saudi Army, and the Kuwaiti Army. I dont know what group was more inbread, but Ill have to pick the Jordainians. All three groups were sick bastards always talking about the Jew conspiracy against them. And when they were not talking about that, they were trying to buy one of our 18 year old privates. They just didnt have the money that would have covered it.

Some were okay, but you should have seen the looks on thier faces when I told them I have Jewish heritage. Naturally I let them bash the Jews during all the exercises. But right before I got on the helo, I made sure that they were friendly with a Jew sympathizer. I hope they cursed me to hell and hexed me or whatever they do.

Of the Arab/Muslims I have encountered on a more personal level, the best one are the ones that were born and raised here. Sometimes they are more American than we give them credit for. But I dont trust a single one that is over there.

Perfect WissNOX1. He doesn't even have the guts to tell an Arab he is a Jew, but then has the nerve to try to make it sound heroic afterward, with the implicit assumption that we are all a bunch of morons.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Of considerable note and definately going to be ignored in this topic.

CAMERA has repeatedly demonstrated the deeply entrenched editorial bias against Israel at the New York Times. Whether Israel employs military tactics to protect itself from terrorist attacks, or the peace process is stalled, or it is simply not progressing as quickly as the editorialists would like, even while Israeli civilians are being blown up by Palestinian terrorists, NewYork Times editorial writers stick to their consistent message--blame Israel and whitewash Palestinian responsibility.

New York Times Anti-Israel Bias in Editorials As Bad As Ever

Or this mention:

Covering the recent controversy over building and demolition orders in the Silwan neighborhood of Jerusalem, New York Times reporter Christine Hauser (July 9, 2005) credulously repeated false allegations that Palestinians in Jerusalem were “discriminated against when applying for building permits,” reported as fact groundless claims that Israel has attempted to “change the city's demography,” and accepted without challenge charges that Israeli construction on the outskirts of the city threatened to cut it off from Palestinian cities in the West Bank.

New York Times Reports as Fact Anti-Israel Propaganda

Or this one:
Location, Location, Location: The Washington Post sees terrorist attacks in London but rarely in Israel

And more can be found here:
CAMERA (Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America)

Enjoy.

seekerof

[edit on 30-7-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
And more can be found here:
CAMERA (Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America)

Enjoy.

Interesting Site.

I shall have to Explore it more Thorouly....

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
CAMERA is an AIPAC partner. They are vehemntly pro-Israel, yet they call themselves 'non-partisan'. If you look at their site, you'll find that just about every news outlet under the sun is anti-semitic. There's nothing wrong with lobbying to support your cause (well, there is, actually, George Washington had plenty to say on the matter...) but- everyone does it, so there's some distribution of the moral blame.

HOWEVER... I have a feeling the people at the New York Times are a wee bit more diverse than the CAMERA folks.... so who are you going to trust, given the choice?

-koji K.

[edit on 31-7-2005 by koji_K]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
So a thread like this is merely people talking about their own biasness in relation to the biasness of the news organization.

Well, in Souljah's defence, thats what most of the threads here are all about. A biased opinion based on a biased source of information. We've all done it.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Regardless of what any of us think, Numbers chapter 34 in the Bible tells who the land really belongs to. The 12 tribes from the seed of Isaac.
You can believe it or not, it's irrelevant whether you do;
God will still be God, and in the end it's his land and his call.
Banjo

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join