It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electromagnatism and your house

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Has anyone ever heard of Geopathic stress, Ley lines and Hartmann lines??
If the theories about them are correct, they can be very detrimental to our health. But I don't know for sure if the theories are indeed true.

Any sharp contrast of electrical conductivity of the soil, causes GEOPATHIC STRESS - electromagnetic iritation of human body.
The sharp contrast of electrical conductivity in the soil is also called GEO-ANOMALY.
Places of such geo-anomalies are also known as ley lines, dragon lines, energy grid, etc.

How to reduce the harmful effect of geopathic stress above groundwater? If you put the megalit stone above the groundwater (see the middle of the figure 1), there would be reduction of such harmful effect. Our ancestors knew it very well and they marked groundwaters with the stone megaliths.
Geopathic stress is harmful.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMesh

The distinction between phase-neutral and phase-phase voltages in polyphase AC systems is what I believe you're hinting at there. The universal means of stating the potential on 3 phase lines is the phase-phase voltage which is exactly sqrt(3)*phase-neutral voltage in a 'star' configured network as you'd see in LV distribution systems. IE a 220kV line will be 220kV/1.732 from any phase conductor to ground (127kV) and they need to be referenced to ground somewhere in order to monitor for earth faults (star point of a transformer is earthed).

I've been in the power business for almost 50 years and encountered all sorts of claims from people worried about exposure to electrical & electromagnetic fields but most of that stems from a basic misunderstanding. People are petrified of a transmission line tens of metres away from their home yet they'll happily sleep all night on an electric blanket when a simple application of the inverse square law reveals which provides the greatest level of radiation to them (it's not the transmission line). There's just anecdotal evidence at best of any hazard posed by normal exposure to radiation sourced from electrical systems and I've spent a huge amount of time in very close proximity to EHV, high current systems with no health ill-effects.

Normal levels of consumer exposure can be disregarded altogether despite the sensationalist claims of some.

<< 1   >>

join