It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

humanzee(oliver)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I was channel surfing the other night and came across a program obout HYBRID species .A chimp with human features that can walk upright (all the time) amazing.

www....-------------------------/library/cryptozoology/humanzee/

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I've seen a few different shows about Oliver. The last show I saw had DNA test done. His DNA was something like 99.6% Chimpanzee. I dont think he was a hybrid. Personally, I think we were witnessing evolution. He was never given a chance to breed though so he was not able to pass along his genes.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I saw the show and the DNA test said he was a chimpanzee, but probably from a population different than most chimps in captivity.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
[snip] but probably from a population different than most chimps in captivity.

Its been awhile since I saw the last documentary, but I believe you are right about that. I had forgotten that part of it

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I believe they said he had 47 chromosones chimps have 46 and humans have 48 .If that is true he is most definetly a hybrid .The natives must have been very desperate to bed down a chimp.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by timoothy
I believe they said he had 47 chromosones chimps have 46 and humans have 48 .If that is true he is most definetly a hybrid .The natives must have been very desperate to bed down a chimp.

Those were erroneous results from a very old DNA test, the modern test shows he had 48.

edit: you got them reversed, humans have 46 and chimps have 48

[edit on 5/15/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This is the first I've heard of this. I wonder if it is possible to inter-bread with apes.

I suspect not, because knowing humans, it's been tried more that once. And I don't see any "humanzees" demanding equal rights.

Just Say No To Monkey Love

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Yes i did get that back wards.

Every normal human has 46 chromosones arranged in 23 pairs.
23rd chromosone determines sex of new individual.

Genotype: sum total of all the genes a person inherits
Phenotype: appearance and behavior that expresses genetic inheritance

Environment affects every human characteristic and includes everything that interacts with one’s genetic inheritance at every point of life.

Polygenic complexity is particularly apparent in psychological characteristics
Extra chromosones are lethal except in 2 cases -- 21st and 23rd pair

I do think oliver is the offspring of male human and female chimp ,the phenotype(appearance and behavior ) proves it.His facial expressions and the ability to walk upright (all the time ) are a dead giveaway.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Damn, I wish some guy got freaky with a female monkey and made that humanzee. Boy, would I love to make fun of him.

I heard CHINA and the United State, secretly created their humanzee hybrid. The U.S. did theirs in the 20's.

Though I wonder if the scientist would ever create several whole human subspecies of anthros, as a mean to preserve the human genes, if somehow the world faced catastrophe, and the human population dwindle to a few millions. But then again, evolution would create a new subspecies of human, making them adapt to their enviorment and stuff.....okay i dont what im talking about anymore, definately like 3 different subjects

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Oliver is most likely a chimp who was used for shows and abused as a youngster being made to walk not only upright all the time but also having his legs and hips broken so he could walk better bipedaly. Or he is a freak of nature. Bonobo chimps are capable of many of the actions that this oliver was but their legs are not behind their pelvis like his are. It is highly likely that there are populations of chimps that we have not discovered yet. Whatever happened to those chimp/gorilla hybrids they thought they had in Africa about a year ago?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I found the story of oliver fascinating and found it strange that the people involved with him, loved him, paid so much for him and thought he was the best thing ever, lost oliver for so many years, i found that unbelievable and smell conspiracy. When oliver did turn up i think [and please correct me if im wrong] they found him in a government laboratory and he had lost his sight [or partially lost his sight].

What interested me most about oliver was the way he would look at people he really had an air of intelligence around him which was so obvious in his eyes, and of course his very human behavior.

I wouldn't have thought that a human and chimp actually mated it would have more likely have been artificial insemination.

Someone somewhere would have, and probably still are crossing humans with other species, the temptation of playing god when you have the power would be toooooo tempting. I rekon.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
How could you breed with something that doesn't have the exact amount of chromosones, isn't that impossible unless you do genetic engineering?

Inform moi.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by timoothy
I believe they said he had 47 chromosones chimps have 46 and humans have 48 .If that is true he is most definetly a hybrid .

No, that would not make him a hybrid. It would make him a chimp with an abnormal number of chromosomes. The lack of any human DNA would also indicate that he's not a hybrid.

Oliver was just a chimp that tended to walk more upright. Not a hybrid.

I do think oliver is the offspring of male human and female chimp ,the phenotype(appearance and behavior ) proves it.

The genotype completely refutes it. He has a somewhat humanish sort of face, for a chimp. Thats not proof of anything.

lysergic
that impossible unless you do genetic engineering?

Its not immpossible, from what I understand plants do it, of course plants do some whacky things with their chromosomes anyway. It can be a big problem and a limit to hybridization tho, but its doesn't on its own rule it out.

[edit on 16-5-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Oliver was never taught how to walk ,here's a quote;

"He came in from Africa with three other chimps that one of Frank’s brothers had sent over from the Congo. But this one we could never use. He was odd and the other chimps would have nothing to do with him," recalls Janet Burger. "Then when he was about four or five months old, he just stood up one day. And then he was always up. Very seldom did he ever put his knuckles on the ground like other apes."

Oliver would walk upright, shoulders back and knees locked - just like a human. He also looked different to other chimps. He had less facial hair, his cranium was small and egg-shaped, his ears were pointed and set higher up and his jaw was also far less pronounced.

janet burger said this and i think i believe her

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
here's another site with info

home.nycap.rr.com...

scroll down to
ONE OF THE GREATEST MYSTERIES TO WALK THE EARTH

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Every normal human has 46 chromosones arranged in 23 pairs.

Not actually true i have 46 1/2 and im considered quite normal , if i hadnt mentioned it no one would ever know. Its called translocation its where on chromosome splits and joins to another , allthough i still have 23 pairs i have half of a chromosome stuck to the 14th pair so its an uneven pair. The funniest thing about the whole thing is doctors have told me that i cannot produce a male child becuase of this or it would be born dead or or have downsyndrome which i of course have to laugh at given im male and my brother , my father, my grandfather all have carried this trait so if that where true i guess im not really here.............

Im sure there are other anomolies out there as well in "normal" humans that go unoticed.

As for oliver its extremely possible he had a genetic anomoly or mutation or a dietary imbalance that produced his oddities. It could have been as easily explained as he suffered from some form of viral infection that caused his quirks. Does anyone remember the primate that started walking uright after having a stomach problem which he had surgery for. Perhaps oliver suffered from something similar and in addition it caused his facial hair to fall out and due to a high fever he lost some brain function therby giving him odd behavior for a chimp so he doesnt behave like other chimps. Its also common place for animals to shun other members of the same species if the animal is sickly or deformed which would explain why the other chimps didnt want anything to do with oliver.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
½ of all zygotes have too few or too many chromosones
1/200 babies is born with a chromosomal abnormality.
Extra chromosones are lethal except in 2 cases -- 21st and 23rd pair

Down Syndrome (trisomy-21) extra chromosone in 21st pair
1/500 infants has abnormality involving sex chromonsones: XXY; XYY; XXX; XO
Among most common genetic disorders are cystic fibrosis, spinal defects, cleft palate, club feet

By rights you should be dead if your extra 1/2 is on 14th very rare indeed.

LOL do you work in a circus?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
No extra limbs and no difformities, as for the dead part check out this site below

www.usd.edu...

I have a similiar translocation and you will note the detachment from the 21st and reatachement to the 14th. In my case i was told i was a rarety as the 21st may have split but it still contained the same size ( not sure how ) therby making it 46 1/2. Additionally allthough this has only been mapped for two generations that where confirmed and one suspected it is beleived that only the males in my family are carries as my sisters and there children do not possess this trait nor do thier children ( male and females have been tested )

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

O.K. so Oliver is trying to have sex with his female caretaker.... danger!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Howdy all! When i first found out about Oliver, i was almost sure he was part human. After watching that documentary a few years ago i came to a conclusion that Oliver is NOT part human, sadly.

Since then i have been photographing and observing great apes in zoos and have a few things to share with you guys.

There are 4 main groups of GREAT APES:
1. Humans
2. Chimpanzee
3. Orangutan
4. Gorilla

The Chimpanzees are very similar to humans. There is a debate about which great ape, the chimpanzee or the orangutan are our closes relatives.

I believe the Chimpanzees are closer, and if you look at the BONOBO chimpanzees it is pretty obvious. Bonobos are much more human looking, they have a more slender body, can walk upright with great ease and they have more human like features.

Here are two great apes, a Bonobo and a Common Chimpanzee:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/99aadfaf2df18d81.jpg[/atsimg]
These are both mothers around 40 years old. This bonobo mother lives with her 3 daughters and they are constantly grooming in the warm florida sun. I think since they live in such a close group and bond by grooming, the bonobo mother has had most of her facial hair groomed off.

This "bald" look in a chimpanzee really shows how human like they can look. The common chimpanzee is more "animal" looking, hairier and the eyebrows are much more prominent, something the neanderthal man had.

-------------

And here is a Gorilla walking upright with ease:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/1669246397962c5d.jpg[/atsimg]

This Gorilla has been walking upright for many years. She probably learned to do this at a young age. I believe that if humans or great apes do something repeatedly their body will adapt. Maybe the Gorilla was "taught" by humans to walk upright at a very young age which would make her much more flexible and able to hold the upright position for a long period of time.

The Gorilla above would walk with EASE. I witnessed the Gorilla walking at a face pace for over 30 yards at a time without bending down once.

Please note that the Gorillas are the least "human" like great apes and you never see them attempt to walk upright for long periods of time.

Chimpanzees will walk upright and so will Orangutans. I have seen many Orangutans walk upright but it looks very awkward because they have very short legs and such long arms.

The bonobos are the master ape upright walkers. This video gives me shivers when i watch it..

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join