It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst Invention...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Let's see...

The SAT
My old physics teacher's needle
Windows (any incarnation)
Racism
Religion
Views other than mine (
)

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
The SAT

Wow, it seems my previous post was mistaken, for the SAT must be the worst invention.

[edit on 17-5-2005 by Omniscient]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
Before anyone here again makes the blanket statement "RELIGION" (and sits on the religious bashing bandwagon and chuckles to themselves) then know what you are attacking.

Some of the greatest and most helpful people I have known are dedicated to religion. The folks I have worked with help clean up the environment, help others in distress, and help people be more aware of their spiritual nature. Is this bad?

Much love,

Troy

well, ok, maybe not RELIGION themselves how about god? i change it so it said God. God is the worst thing ever invented. just look at how many die in the name of their god when they can't even prove it exist...

pao

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
starbucks by far. i hate that place and their overpriced coffee

apc

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

well, ok, maybe not RELIGION themselves how about god? i change it so it said God. God is the worst thing ever invented. just look at how many die in the name of their god when they can't even prove it exist...

Any notion of a god didnt spark the crusades, religion did.

Organized, structured, man-made religion. It disgusts me at every turn. "Im going to make up a set of rules and guidelines because obviously, as I am a creation of God, I know what my god wants me to do. And you should do the same. If you don't agree with these Holiest of Holy beliefs that I just pulled out my backside, you are obviously wrong and shall be damned as punishment."

Religion is the problem, not a belief in a diety.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: balon0

Wow those are some very interesting points there . Now I have to rethink on what I just posted back there

Three words: tropical enzootic diseases.

Tropical diseases are diseases that are prevalent in or unique to tropical and subtropical regions. The diseasesare less prevalent in temperate climates, due in part to the occurrence of a cold season, which controls the insect population by forcing hibernation.

Research the circadian rhythm.

Circadian rhythms are physical, mental and behavioral changes that follow a roughly 24-hour cycle, responding primarily to light and darkness in an organism's environment. They are found in most living things, including animals, plants and many tiny microbes. The study of circadian rhythms is called chronobiology.

Sorry for replying to an old thread but farming is actually the MOST important job in the world.
edit on 3-12-2016 by supermilkman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The q tip has to be the worst. I mean what are they for exactly they have a watering there nit to be used to clean ears. So what purpose do they actually serve??

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
No, nomadic cultures were known for dying very brutal deaths with high infant mortality rates. If they didn't die from starvation or violent tribalism, then they died due to infestations, diseases, parasitic infections etc.

You can't just swim in a river full of parasitic lifeforms or eat random animals that might be carriers of diseases.

We evolved. The system is just a process and all you can do is improve this process to become more efficient.

I'm more than positive you have reneged your opinion on farming as your sustenance depends on it.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
The q tip has to be the worst. I mean what are they for exactly they have a watering there nit to be used to clean ears. So what purpose do they actually serve??

Good = healthy. Bad = unhealthy.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The mosquito.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
The mosquito.

Yes, they are carriers to viruses like malaria. It's all tied into the circadian rhythm. People who discover the circadian rhythm go on to make some of the biggest leaps in science.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Malaria is a protozoan, not a virus.

I'd say the worst invention is possibly microwave popcorn.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join