It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Fox: Mexicans do Work "Not Even Blacks Want to Do"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by cafeman

Ok Mr. Hyper-sensitive.....I did'nt attack you!

Oh and btw...was'nt it you who had the thread on people attacking you on this board? Just a question! But I'll go back and double check!

What the hell are you on about cafeman? I never said you were attacking me, I said I wasnt attacking hou77077. You need to seriously start reading things more carefully. Youre flying off half cocked and making a fool of yourself in the process.

Since you started posting in this thread I've said the following:

Originally posted by subz
hou77077, why do you think his words were "insensitive"?

What exactly did he say that you find insensitive?

I never thought I'd be agreeing with a clergyman but that is spot on.

Im asking him a question, hows that attacking him?

I was interested as to the reasons he found it insensitive as a black person. Please refrain from trying to start an argument where there is no cause.

Actually I think you missed the very simple question I asked. If you found Fox's comments insensitive then you should be able to give reasons for it. You danced around the question. If you dont want to answer the question then just say.

I have no opinion on Fox's motives for saying it. I couldnt care less about the U.S border. I was concentrating on teh "Not even blacks want to do" segment of his speech. Which is what this thread is about.

I wanted to know why people take issue with that segment of the speech. The rest, to me, is neither here nor there.

I never attacked Hou7077, I never claimed you were attacking me. You are completely unfounded in your claims. There is nothing I've written that would give you cause to say the things you have done.

Youve made it up for some reason and I dont appreciate it. If you have proof I attacked some one, quote it and I'll respond to it. Youre trying to say that I was complaining about being attacked yet I attacked some one in this thread. That is completely false! You are lying! Its clear you are trying to start a fight with me here and youre not going to get one. If you have a problem with me for whatever reason drop me a U2U. I wont be publically dragged any further into youre delusions.

However, in agreeing with the Fox statement or by "wondering why it upsets blacks" you inherently must feel that blacks will not work the types of jobs that I mentioned before to you. In doing so.....you are quite wrong! Thats it! Sorry if you felt I attacked you...I'm simply debating the topic....

Wrong, the only one involved in generalisation here is you buddy. I never said that blacks do not partake in white collar employment. I said: "Secondly the inference that black people traditionally do do the menial work in America is historically and currently accurate." I never said they ARE NOT doctors or lawyers. I said that traditionally the majority of black workers are blue collared and the majority of menial positions are filled by blacks. I didnt say I agreed or thought that it was acceptable, I was merely stating a fact.

First of all...was'nt it you whining on some thread this morning about people attacking you?

I posted a rational and well thought out Op/Ed which is more than can be said about your tirade here. I fail to see your point, I never attacked anyone on this thread so trying to paint me as a hypocrite is a wasted excercise on your part.

But I digress!

Damn right you did, as well as lied and tried to pick a fight.

I think she answered your question....

I asked her(?) what made her think the comment was insensitive. She didnt even touch on my question so theres another lie to add to the collection.

personally I could give a rats-butt if all of you lose your jobs to the Vincente Fox cause....I have mine ...I telecommute with my own consulting Biz.

Im British and live in Australia. How would I lose my job due to illegal Mexican immigrants?

Subz: If you want to pretend that black people don't work in construction jobs, or won't work in nursing homes, or whatever...then you are indeed more perplexed by life than I could have imagined.

What the hell are you on about now? I never remotely came close to saying those things. Are you a compulsive liar?

Anyway just keep buying Vicente's propaganda and you you'll be flying the Mexican flag proudly from the Hills of appalachia!

Again with the assumptions. I never said I agreed with the sentiment in Fox's speech. I only agreed with the segment where he said that illegal Mexicans are doing the jobs that "not even blacks want to do".

oh and btw...I'm Black....and hell no I'm not pickin any strawberries! TA-TA for now Subz...gotta go catch a plane for Sedona AZ!

Youre black and you have a serious chip on your shoulder about it. You attack me with unfounded allegations and try to paint me as a racist. You've just jumped on me because you assume im a White American. You sir are the racist and you sir are a liar.

[edit on 18/5/05 by subz]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Ok Mr. Hyper-sensitive.....I did'nt attack you! However, in agreeing with the Fox statement or by "wondering why it upsets blacks" you inherently must feel that blacks will not work the types of jobs that I mentioned before to you. In doing so.....you are quite wrong! Thats it! Sorry if you felt I attacked you...I'm simply debating the topic....

Oh and btw...was'nt it you who had the thread on people attacking you on this board? Just a question! But I'll go back and double check!

What the hell are you on about cafeman? I never said you were attacking me, I said I wasnt attacking hou77077. You need to seriously start reading things more carefully. Youre flying off half cocked and making a fool of yourself in the process.

Whatever Subz....I did'nt think anyone was was attacking anyone! So enough said!

I stand behind my statement about your "wonderment" surrounding the Fox statement! What say you!

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Read the edit, you infered I was complaining about being attacked myself yet I was doing the same thing here.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Subz:

...Your question has been answered. I suggest you re-read my posts. However, I understand that you have NO interest in the overall context of his statements and the implication to American taxpayers...which is my focus and purpose for posting.

Don't forget, this thread is discussing all aspect of the FOX comments. Not only the points you find interesting.

---The Key Point---

1) A head of state ...Promoting illegal immigration is Outrageous!

[edit on 18-5-2005 by hou77077]

[edit on 18-5-2005 by hou77077]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Im sorry but you answered nothing. My question was the following:

Originally posted by hou7077

And you answered:

Originally posted by hou7077
Subz:

You are missing my point. Again...President’s FOX comments are politically motivated. It doesn't bother you that a FOX is trying to persuade the U.S. government to NOT protect U.S. borders? Why is he doing this… all for the benefit of his country!

I encourage all too not fall victim to the SPIN!! FOX knows NOT of the Black experience in America…and has no authority to speak to it.

Back to the real issue... why would FOX encourage OPEN Borders????

That was your reply since my post asking you what you found insensitive about Fox's words. Can you point me in the direction of what you cited as the reason you found his words "insensitive"?

You said that "You are missing my point. Again..." when in actual fact I hadnt asserted anything, only asked a question. How could of I missed your point once, let alone "again"?

Just say if you dont want to answer a question, this isnt a court of law, you are not required to answer my questions. I was merely interested in the reasons you found his words "insensitive".

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Ok Mr. Hyper-sensitive.....I did'nt attack you!

Since you started posting in this thread I've said the following:

I never thought I'd be agreeing with a clergyman but that is spot on.

Im asking him a question, hows that attacking him?

I was interested as to the reasons he found it insensitive as a black person. Please refrain from trying to start an argument where there is no cause.

Actually I think you missed the very simple question I asked. If you found Fox's comments insensitive then you should be able to give reasons for it. You danced around the question. If you dont want to answer the question then just say.

I have no opinion on Fox's motives for saying it. I couldnt care less about the U.S border. I was concentrating on teh "Not even blacks want to do" segment of his speech. Which is what this thread is about.

I wanted to know why people take issue with that segment of the speech. The rest, to me, is neither here nor there.

I never attacked Hou7077, I never claimed you were attacking me. You are completely unfounded in your claims. There is nothing I've written that would give you cause to say the things you have done.

Youve made it up for some reason and I dont appreciate it. If you have proof I attacked some one, quote it and I'll respond to it. Youre trying to say that I was complaining about being attacked yet I attacked some one in this thread. That is completely false! You are lying! Its clear you are trying to start a fight with me here and youre not going to get one. If you have a problem with me for whatever reason drop me a U2U. I wont be publically dragged any further into youre delusions.

However, in agreeing with the Fox statement or by "wondering why it upsets blacks" you inherently must feel that blacks will not work the types of jobs that I mentioned before to you. In doing so.....you are quite wrong! Thats it! Sorry if you felt I attacked you...I'm simply debating the topic....

Wrong, the only one involved in generalisation here is you buddy. I never said that blacks do not partake in white collar employment. I said: "Secondly the inference that black people traditionally do do the menial work in America is historically and currently accurate." I never said they ARE NOT doctors or lawyers. I said that traditionally the majority of black workers are blue collared and the majority of menial positions are filled by blacks. I didnt say I agreed or thought that it was acceptable, I was merely stating a fact.

First of all...was'nt it you whining on some thread this morning about people attacking you?

I posted a rational and well thought out Op/Ed which is more than can be said about your tirade here. I fail to see your point, I never attacked anyone on this thread so trying to paint me as a hypocrite is a wasted excercise on your part.

But I digress!

Damn right you did, as well as lied and tried to pick a fight.

I think she answered your question....

I asked her(?) what made her think the comment was insensitive. She didnt even touch on my question so theres another lie to add to the collection.

personally I could give a rats-butt if all of you lose your jobs to the Vincente Fox cause....I have mine ...I telecommute with my own consulting Biz.

Im British and live in Australia. How would I lose my job due to illegal Mexican immigrants?

Subz: If you want to pretend that black people don't work in construction jobs, or won't work in nursing homes, or whatever...then you are indeed more perplexed by life than I could have imagined.

What the hell are you on about now? I never remotely came close to saying those things. Are you a compulsive liar?

Anyway just keep buying Vicente's propaganda and you you'll be flying the Mexican flag proudly from the Hills of appalachia!

Again with the assumptions. I never said I agreed with the sentiment in Fox's speech. I only agreed with the segment where he said that illegal Mexicans are doing the jobs that "not even blacks want to do".

oh and btw...I'm Black....and hell no I'm not pickin any strawberries! TA-TA for now Subz...gotta go catch a plane for Sedona AZ!

Youre black and you have a serious chip on your shoulder about it. You attack me with unfounded allegations and try to paint me as a racist. You've just jumped on me because you assume im a White American. You sir are the racist and you sir are a liar.

LOL...way to edit after the fact Subz: Now I can see why you had the other thread I alluded to! lol I'm busy now but I'll get back to the rest of this nonesense later.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Dont bother cafeman, I couldnt care less in your response really. You've demonstrated no worthiness in your conversational skills so you'll be wasting your time typing more to me.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
"Minority groups" that set themselves apart from the rest of America are the "racists". Someone stated quite well earlier, "what's with African-American or Italian-American?" The need that one feels to separate themselves from another group based on ethnicity is "racism". In America, they separate themselves for the government to receive "special attention" in regards to federal issues on down to local issues. The fact that this is being done is probably a large reason for the existance of "racism" and does more to foster the idea than anything...

[edit on 18-5-2005 by BadMojo]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Subz:
Let me just take this one point. You said the following

Subz: "Wrong, the only one involved in generalisation here is you buddy. I never said that blacks do not partake in white collar employment. I said: "Secondly the inference that black people traditionally do do the menial work in America is historically and currently accurate." I never said they ARE NOT doctors or lawyers. I said that traditionally the majority of black workers are blue collared and the majority of menial positions are filled by blacks. I didnt say I agreed or thought that it was acceptable, I was merely stating a fact"./quote Subz

Okay let me get this correct subz: If indeed black people historicially hold jobs that are in the menial areas of the employment spectrum (which IS historically correct,) then why in the world do you not think that the many in the Black community might not be more than a bit concerned by the loss of those jobs to the Illegal immigrant populace? It IS a zero sum game Subz...the loss of these jobs, the finite educational resources, the limited healthcare benefits, are all taken from some to be given to others...and in this case it happens to be illegal immigrants.

Therefore when Vincente Fox says that these I'llegals are taking the jobs that even Black people don't want....inherent in that statement is the fact that they are also taking Educational, health and other benefits meant for americans.....period! So you see subz...Fox is wrong on two accounts

1) The U..S border is NOT open for unlimited illegal immigrant traffic...no matter what Mr. Foxes concerns are. That is the law of our land!

2) Black people do indeed take many of the jobs he is refering to in his quote. As do white, native and other "legal immigrants" of the U.S!

So yes I find it outlandish that Vincente Fox would even poke his nose into our internal affairs when he can't and won't follow the laws of this country and assist us to cut down on the flow of illegal immigrants.

Oh but wait....thats right...that might require him to actually do something to "help his economy" other than relying on the billions sent back from illegal immigration.

For my money...I say ok..let them come here...and then lets Nationalize Pemex
and take the oil for the money mexico owes us. Better for this resource to go into repaying the American taxpayer, than into Vincente Foxes pocket.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
amazing what he just said....

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Close the borders, arrest the criminals both foreign and domestic, and work on filling those "unwanted menial jobs" with gratefull currently unemployed hard working Americans

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join