It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Fox: Mexicans do Work "Not Even Blacks Want to Do"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
It is really shocking, and appalling, to see how clueless some people are. They just live in their little bubble, trying to see the world through the keyhole of their mind. Blacks are doctors, lawyers, CPAs. Even though you may not think so, blacks can fill all kinds of professional, white collar positions. They are not only qualified for the lowest, most menial positions in the US, as implied by Fox, and then some of the posters.

You literally took the words right out of my mouth (or in this case, fingers). You get a 'way above' for this type of quality.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I love how any post that mentions black people eventually turns into a bunch of whites complaining about reverse discrimination. Some people need to open a f-king history book. Look at what life was like for minorities a mere 35 years ago. Actually, scratch that go look at America now. Learn for yourself, because I don't care to discuss this... Point is I'm sick of all the complaining about blacks (and other minorites) on ATS. "Why can't we make fun of them and call them racial slurs?" "Without us they'd be living in mud huts" "We should bomb the Mexicans" "We should send them back to Africa". WAAAAAAHHHHH! The next idiot that says "the white male is the most oppressed person on the planet"....I swear I'll...

Now, back to Fox's unthinking/offensive comment. I think that maybe before he says only blacks (and Mexicans) do menial labor, he should take a look at places like Arkansas. When I was there, I saw whites doing the menial labor. It wasn't that there were no blacks, it's just that everyone was doing the same type of work. What I mean is that where alot of blacks do menial jobs, alot of whites do too. It's the economy of the area, not the ethnicity.

Hell, it's like that anywhere. Blacks do the same type of mid-level jobs as whites, and may higher-level jobs. In places where there's lots of Mexicans, they usually do the menial labor....so in a since Fox is right. He just should have put it differently. Do the work "blacks and whites won't do" is what he should have said.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The white male is the most oppressed person on the planet...........

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
already posted an hour earlier in this thread.
posted on 14-5-2005 at 06:33 PM

Mods?

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra

Originally posted by curme
It is really shocking, and appalling, to see how clueless some people are. They just live in their little bubble, trying to see the world through the keyhole of their mind. Blacks are doctors, lawyers, CPAs. Even though you may not think so, blacks can fill all kinds of professional, white collar positions. They are not only qualified for the lowest, most menial positions in the US, as implied by Fox, and then some of the posters.

You literally took the words right out of my mouth (or in this case, fingers). You get a 'way above' for this type of quality.
Are you seriously rewarding that baseless diatribe or being sarcastic? It is unfounded in this thread and he didnt even use quotes to base his crap on.

Originally posted by Flinx
I love how any post that mentions black people eventually turns into a bunch of whites complaining about reverse discrimination. Some people need to open a f-king history book. Look at what life was like for minorities a mere 35 years ago.

So what? Whats your point about history? Arent we all to strive for racial equality? How does trying to remedy wrongs of the past by penalising todays white people do anything to further racial equality?

Its your kind of thinking that furthers racism.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
The white male is the most oppressed person on the planet...........

If you're joking- Hardy har har. If you're serious- What I say would get me a Warn.

Originally posted by subz
So what? Whats your point about history? Arent we all to strive for racial equality? How does trying to remedy wrongs of the past by penalising todays white people do anything to further racial equality?

Its your kind of thinking that furthers racism.

Penalising?! Who ever said anything about penalising white people? Whites aren't be penalised. My point was that before complaining about reverse racism or whatnot, look back and see what real oppression was like, the compare it to see if you're really being discriminated against.

In today's society whites still have an advantage over other so-called races. You can't have expected that barrier that took hundreds of years to build to have melted away in 40 years. Those people who put up whites only signs and spit on civil rights marchers are still alive. So are the people who were abused. Those attitudes are still around, they're rampant, and we can't pretend they don't exist.

[edit on 5/15/2005 by Flinx]

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Read the first page of posts and I have to agree that Fox, I think, had alterior motives for his statements. Just the way he said it sounds like he's trying to stir up s***.

Maybe back in the day his statements might have been true, but not nowadays. Alot of the racial thinking is a thing of the past. Of coarse there are still racial groups and blah blah blah. For the most part tho people have other things to worry about then someones skin color.

So yea, I think Fox is an ass and i think what he said he said on purpose.

You want good ties and good trade with the U.S., but yet, you are going to encourage your peoples to break our laws...... doesn't make sense to me.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson

Mods?

The same story can be covered in both ATSNN and ATS.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson

Mods?

Two threads can exist simultaneously in Current Events and ATSNN...

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
djohnsto77

But can two identical post exist on the same thread at the same time?

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I don't think that Fox meant this to sound the way it did, because it would hurt the cause. One of the tactics of supporters of illegal immigration is to call opponents racists, so statements like this don't help get people sensitive to racism on his side.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
djohnsto77

But can two identical post exist on the same thread at the same time?

I noticed that, it's a JINX!!!

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Wow... just logged on and saw all the replies!

I think Fox's comment should be looked at from the perspective of a man who probably spends a lot of time dealing with economic data, tabulations, predictions etc. In the field of economics, there is no real discussion on the social ramifications of class distinction, and what is appropriate in a social context. Rather, social data is taken and used as a supplement to economic data. Demographics are looked at according to their earning power, the sorts of jobs they fill, their consuming and saving habits, and suchlike, in a cold scientific manner. Chances are Fox had recently been shown such a report which showed the breakdown of jobs in the US by race, and so it was on the top of his mind when he made his statement. I still think it was inappropriate for a man in his position to make, but I think it's not as scandalous as it might seem at first.

-koji K.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Who is this guy? How does somebody with seemingly no intelligence at all come to occupy the position he has? This guy is a moron.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:20 AM
link   
What does he know at all? I mean look at him. He has the audacity to talk about people in the United States, whereas he cannot even simply solve the increasing poverty line that is in effect in Mexico right at this instant. Well why do you think there are several of Mexicans who try to escape Mexico and try to reach the border and get into the United States? For freedom, democracy, wealth, a better life, etc. If Fox has the nerve to say people here aren't doing their job(s) like they should, then why isn't he doing anything about the poverty going on right in his face? Yes, I agree that Mexicans do a great job of operating here in the United States. That's what makes this country great by having several of nationalities come together to make this country stonger. The U.S is a melting pot, and without many of these nationalities, we would not be where we are today or this powerful. But again, that was an inappropriate quip that Fox made Friday. And he needs to check himself and his country before he can begin to talk about another country and other people.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
This is a pretty hot topic here.........but let me throw in my 2 cents on the subject...........

First in regard to the comment...................well, yes there is a higher percentage of blacks in blue collar and lower wage jobs historically in this country than whites...........but it wasn't necessary to single out a specific race to make your point here.................He could have just said that they (illegal immigrants) "are willing to take on the jobs that most Americans refuse to do".............and leave it at that.....

Singling out race was inappropriate and unnecessary for him to make his point.........

If I was black I'd certainly take issue with such a statement........but I would make sure that myself.........as an individual...... stand on my own accomplishments outside of the generalizations that people would hold against me for being black........

Now as far as this conversation morphing over to the illegal immigrants and wages in this country................I do believe there is value in looking at how much profit is necessary by corporate America to drive the economic engine at the compromising of the workers of this country.........However, we are in a different World from the previous couple of centuries of business.........Today, third World countries are able and willing to take on work as they strive to become developed countries..........That factors into a past where workers in this country once had a lock on employment whereas the options of outsourcing the production of produces didn't exist before.........Plus immigrants to this country through most of the 19th and early 20th century lived in countries almost half way around the World and an ocean apart..........when they came here they wanted to participate in our economy........assimilate our language,lifestyle and educate their children in American institutions for a better tomorrow .............Yes they took on menial jobs too........but their assimilation and belief that America offered a better future......if not for them, but their children and future generations of their families drove them to become contributing members of the American economy and lifestyle......They strived to learn English and become citizens of this country............

They only thing that concerns me today is that it appears that many illegal aliens come into to this country and have no interest in assimilating or looking to become citizens and becoming legal contributers to the betterment of our economy and society.........Seems they just ship the money out of here back to their country and with the border next to ours it's too tempting to continue in this flux livestyle where the immigrants from the century or two before usually never looked back to the old country across the ocean..........Seems that today, they neither care to learn English nor want to become citizens and education their children here..........

Sure I'm generalizing to some extent here.........but there are some things to consider with what is going on today in our country compared to the early 20th and late 19th centuries with regards to immigration........

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Vincente Fox is an ignoramus, and what do you have to say about Bush?

Bush's buddy is only parroting what has been said to him from this government.

THE PROBLEM IS HERE. Otherwise we'd tell fox to ram all his illegals where the sun dont shine.

I cant deal with this.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
That was a pretty interesting choice of words, but I will have to say that his statement reflects reality across many parts of America. Here in Miami, I can tell you that I have never seen a Mexican, Cuban, Central American, or South American begging for money. Its interesting considering that they compose the majority of our population in this city. The only ones I see begging and not working are all blacks and whites. There are very low wage jobs available that these blacks and whites will not take.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
God knows i'm not defending anyone, but in the Spanish language, negroes are called negros, meaning black.

Fox 's English is sloppy, so he merely translated from Spanish to English. Spanish countries dont do pc stuff like "African American"

FYI

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
A storm in a tea cup masking the real issues. Great now Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are getting all hot under their collars about the use of the term "black". Cry me a freakin river.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join