It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reason why the U.S govt is closing down several military bases

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Think for one minute,why would you close several mil bases when Iran and N korea could attack U.S with nuclear weapons,terrorism etc.Is is a ploy by the illuminati to reduce the mil in U.S so that thier NWO takeover has the least resistence.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Ah, no it is to turn them into "camps."

Or maybe they just want to sell them and raise money for the war.

Most of those bases are WWII relics and besides, do you know how long it actually takes to close down the base? Years.

[edit on 14-5-2005 by HowardRoark]

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
O.K., so tell what is the real reason you advertised ?

Dallas

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Apparently, warthog911 is not aware of this?
History of Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC)

seekerof

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
IMO US doesn't need so many military bases in America because America is already safe and secure. They have Patriot ACT I and II which grants large powers to law enforcement agencies. So Americans are secured and under control. Military is also ineffective to combat the terrorist threat. None of military bases abroad are being closed.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The government has a history of closing military bases and army camps based on expediency and political movements. I don't remember the particulars, as I am not THAT old, but it seems to me that LBJ closed at least one base/camp in an area that had not voted an overwhelming majority for him.

I suspect that we civilians don't get to see the whole picture and it is just possible that there is no nefarious reasoning (at least NWO wise) for the closings.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
IMO US doesn't need so many military bases in America because America is already safe and secure. They have Patriot ACT I and II which grants large powers to law enforcement agencies. So Americans are secured and under control. Military is also ineffective to combat the terrorist threat. None of military bases abroad are being closed.

What you dont realise that the patriot act 1 and 2 are the begining of a global fascist one word govt dictatorship.I bet next is chip implants.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

History of Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC)

seekerof

excerpt-->.....
.....................' a cooperative effort between the President, the Congress, and the military
and local communities to achieve the most effective and efficient base structure for America's Armed Forces.
It will give local communities a significant role in determining the future use of facilities in their area
by transferring closed installations to local redevelopers at no cost(provided that proceeds are reinvested)

and by creating partnerships with local communities to own, operate, or maintain those installations that remain' .....................................................(11 more pages follow !)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Point 1 there are several 'rationalizations', including cost savings,
but the cynic in me sees the redevelopers creating 'Taxable' real estate from 'nothing'...i see the various levels in the Capital-Heirarchy each
getting into position to 'take their cut', while the average tax-payer is culled from the loop.
The last round of crony, political kick-backs, disguised as a taxpayer relief
via the base-closure scheme, happened during the Clintons' 8 year regime...now , does that help explain the miraculous budget surpluses??
theres' several more facets which could be touched on, but this is just a quick reply meant to present a key for your own research, musings.

Point 2 the neocons & such, including Sec. Def. Rumsfeld, the PNAC
and others which have been doing the preliminary groundworks for the
'transforming' the ArmedForces....this base closure program is just a single step in that agenda, and not a very big step at that. There have been insights that the military is going to go really hi-tech, be based in underground facilities, outsourcing the 2nd eschelon to multi-national Corps. etc etc

Well, this kinda brings my thoughts back to the classic book by HG Wells
"The Time Machine".......recall how the morlocks, who lived underground,
and controlled the machinery and technologies which made the lives of the surface dwellers safe-secure-utopian?
all they sacrificed for their unfettered lives of pleasant liberty and playfullness was the occasional, in the shadow of darkness, abduction...
which was 'acceptable' as their fellow comrad was soon forgotten anyhow

PostScripts:

i think we can all conjecture on the reasons for the base closings- - -
and i think we would all be correct, to a point

BTW, theres gotta be a Patriot Act III, because 'they' never get thing right in just 2 tries....

[edit on 15-5-2005 by St Udio]

Odd

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
they screwed up my entire life when they closed Griffiss AFB in central new york. a town really comes to rely on the base when it's been there for a long time.

my heart goes out to the men and women, military and otherwise, that will be impacted by the closing of these bases; the economy in your town will be third-world in a few months. good luck.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Many of the bases being closed are being consolodated with larger ones in the area. Alot of facilities, like the Defense and Accounting Service centers are just office buildings. Alot of these, if not all can be consolodated into other facilities. The savings is logical. THe effect on local economies is terrible, but the old bases are often converted into something far more economicly viable.

Where I live, we have two bases, the San Bernardino Air Base, and March Air Reserve Base. Both bases are being converted into civilian airfields. San Bernardino is currently being renovated to be both a commerical airport and a cargo depot. March is still an Air Force base, but the half that is closed is being turned into a cargo depot as well. Fed Ex, UPS and others are fighting over the chance to use these bases. The money pouring into these areas is staggering, more than compensating for the revenue lost from the government.

Major bases like Fort Bragg, Camp Pendleton, Norfolk Naval yard will never close, so there is no danger of the US being unprotected.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by warthog911
Think for one minute,why would you close several mil bases when Iran and N korea could attack U.S with nuclear weapons,terrorism etc.Is is a ploy by the illuminati to reduce the mil in U.S so that thier NWO takeover has the least resistence.

??? the NWO is planning a military take over of the US ??? I thought it was an economic collapse or a nuclear WWIII that they had in mind ???

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   

??? the NWO is planning a military take over of the US ??? I thought it was an economic collapse or a nuclear WWIII that they had in mind ???

Well, it depends on what theory you believe to be honest. There are numerous miltary take over theories about the new world order and there are a fewl about economic collapse and nuclear war, etc. It mainly comes down to which theory you believe.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
They are closing the bases because #1 Real Estate is worth a lot right now
and #2 They need the money for the war.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
well, we do have over 2,000 bases in the US so i doubt this will hurt us..

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by WissNX01
Where I live, we have two bases, the San Bernardino Air Base, and March Air Reserve Base. Both bases are being converted into civilian airfields. San Bernardino is currently being renovated to be both a commerical airport and a cargo depot. March is still an Air Force base, but the half that is closed is being turned into a cargo depot as well. Fed Ex, UPS and others are fighting over the chance to use these bases. The money pouring into these areas is staggering, more than compensating for the revenue lost from the government....

It is interesting to see the incarnations that are occuring there. Many years ago I used to be stationed at March "Air Force Base", when B52s were flying in and out of there providing the USofA with a nuclear umbrella. It used to have a rather large "Regional" military hospital, manned by the 807th Medical Group.

Used to be alot of fun out there too.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Closing bases on the eve of WWIII final showdown - EXPLAINED HERE!
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MattMarriott
Closing bases on the eve of WWIII final showdown - EXPLAINED HERE!
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

again, you are far from the truth and completely off the mark

*sighs*

top topics

join