It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Chemical Weapon?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
as an aside - Ebola is amoungst the nastiest Biological agents that can be used.

especially concentrated - no none cure and death within 12 hours.

[edit on 27-5-2005 by Harlequin]

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
as an aside - Ebola is amoungst the nastiest Biological agents that can be used.

especially concentrated - no none cure and death within 12 hours.

[edit on 27-5-2005 by Harlequin]

Well ebola is a filovirus not a bacteriological agent. It is very hard to weaponise, just ask the Soviets they had been trying to weaponise it right up until the fall of communism.

It actually takes longer than 12 hours for ebola to kill, more like several days. There are also different strains of Ebola, such as Ebola Zaire ( the most deadly one ). Even then people have been nown to survive.

I can recommend 2 books :
  • 1. The Hot Zone by Preston. This talks about the Filoviruses sucjas Ebola and Marbug.
  • Biohazard by Ken Alibek - he headed up the Soviet Boipreparat Institute whose sole job was too R&D Soviet bioweapons. He has the infamous distinction of creating the world's most powerful Anthrax.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I don't think the chemical weapons are that dangerous as many people say. Remeber Tokyo subway attack? The terorists used SARIN, one of the most dangerous chemical weapons. And "only" 18 (I think, don't know the exact number) people died, app 1000 were injuried. So I don't think a gram of something can kill off the whole city.

[edit on 28-5-2005 by longbow]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by longbow
I don't think the chemical weapons are that dangerous as many people say. Remeber Tokyo subway attack? The terorists used SARIN, one of the most dangerous chemical weapons. And "only" 18 (I think, don't know the exact number) people died, app 1000 were injuried. So I don't think a gram of something can kill off the whole city.

[edit on 28-5-2005 by longbow]

that wasnt industrial grade stuff that is made by a nation

chemical weapons are nasty nasty

HD has been known to stay around for 70 years, there was a stump that a soldier sat on after a PT test. A few hours later the soldier went to sick call with blisters from HD that was strayed on the stump in an test ages ago.

the worst chemical agent? thats easy
BZ - agent that the movie "jacob's labber" is based off, its caused so much fear in the Russians they signed a treaty to never use incompasitating agents.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char2c35t

BZ - agent that the movie "jacob's labber" is based off, its caused so much fear in the Russians they signed a treaty to never use incompasitating agents.

lol, incapacitating agents hardly compare to Nerve Agents. BZ has a non persistent and its affects are temporary. Compare that to say VX which is very persistenty and extremely lethal.

So you're saying the Soviets signed a seperate treaty with the US outside the chemical weapons coonvention ? I would very much like you to post a link to this

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1

Originally posted by Char2c35t

lol, incapacitating agents hardly compare to Nerve Agents. BZ has a non persistent and its affects are temporary. Compare that to say VX which is very persistenty and extremely lethal.

So you're saying the Soviets signed a seperate treaty with the US outside the chemical weapons coonvention ? I would very much like you to post a link to this

BZ is the most persistant agent the US has its 11 times heaver to vx's nine, yes an agent that makes your troops either usless or physco is very dangerous. VX wasnt made to kill humans it was to effectivly compromise equipment and buildings. GB is the best for killing humans.

BZ is a white power that is several time more potent than '___', the means it can get into your body are: vapor, touch, inhalition, mucusmembranes...etc basically if you get near it you will get exposed. Water supply too.

L is consider to be more dangerous than VX.

BZ studies showed a great ability for disprution of an inf based army, best used agaisnt the crush, kill, destroy tactics of the East Block countries.

Links? No practile feild training but and I know of an FM that you can look for it.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
VX is the worst. Its not like it was portrayed on The Rock. But personally if i wanted to do some damage id let loose a good bio weapon. Smallpox all the way. Smallpox is a better bio weapon than ebola cuz its like 50x more contagious

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I wouldn't call any chemical weapons 'great'. They are all horrible and dying in a chemical weapons attack is about the worst possible way I could imagine to die.

Anyone out there who is currently on active duty or who is a vet is sure to agree with me. The CBR drills we did on the ship were just plain eerie. Hearing the chemical alarm, holding your breathe and donning your suit and mask is no fun.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeanutButterJellyTime
I wouldn't call any chemical weapons 'great'. They are all horrible and dying in a chemical weapons attack is about the worst possible way I could imagine to die.

Anyone out there who is currently on active duty or who is a vet is sure to agree with me. The CBR drills we did on the ship were just plain eerie. Hearing the chemical alarm, holding your breathe and donning your suit and mask is no fun.

well i am a chem vet, i lived in my mask and suit drills were nothing compared to what i did. there is no greatiness in chemical weapons if you think chem is great ask the kurds and ww1 vetarns if they a great.

The only great chemical weapon is a burnt and demiled one!

ebola is not a good weapon it burns itself out too easy, mutated/engineered small pox is for more powerful, using bio is stupid for if you correctly it could kill most of the world.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
When I said 'Great', I was referring to the power of the weapon, not its level on a moral scale.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join