It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dumb question about Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 12:35 AM
link   
ok, i have been REALLY curious. it's more than likely a stupid question, sure, but it's worth a shot for the sake of your opinions.

though I doubt it, I think they just may have a few considering the level of their technology and ability to strive for advancement.

does Japan have those gigantic mech machines as propogandized (word?) by their anime and other cartoons?

seriously now. they could, right? one or two huge defender robots, perhaps?

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I'm gonna go with "no" on this one....
-B.

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 12:56 AM
link   
This Newbie is really wierd god what an imagination he has.

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
I'm gonna go with "no" on this one....
-B.

i agree with B on this one
later all

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   
No questions are dumb:some are less relevant than others. This question is extremely irrelevant.

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Too much TV and too little skeptical reality addle the brain.

Its no more stupid than the posts on stargate (as my favorite wacko discussion), 1/2 the alien posts, and many of the NWO posts.

The answer is no.

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   
sorry but this really hasn't got anything to do with science & technology, so I moved it to the chit chat.

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Japan has much technological weirdness, but no giant robots as of yet. anime isn't documentary, you know

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Exremely dumb my friend, the most advanced thing they have is that sony thing which can walk up stair, dance etc. even then thats controlled by a person.

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Well, Estragon is just back from business in Tokyo and Osaka ( hence his absence for a few days): the Japanese are very mad: I met no one whose head was right and they have lots of little gadgets everywhere (I was frankly intimidated by the toilet pedestal in my hotel room: one one side was a complete control panel of flashing lights that turned the thunder-box into a bidet, that warmed the seat and no doubt bombed Pearl Harbor if one but knew the sequences.)
But it's still very Asian, very disorganised fundamentally and they have no very big robots: they have lots of illegal immigrants to do the hard work.

top topics

join