It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your imaginary land-forces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I am interested in your opinion, of the right kind of Landforce,

Whats its job: Has it to defend your own soil, has it to invade third world countrys, do you want to get the ruler of earth

Whats its standards and attitudes: Do you want a "Staatsbürger in Uniform" (citizen in uniform), or more like a goose walking follower, do you want it conscripted or professional?...

Ill start:

The job of it is to invade and occupy third world country,
its professional,

190,000 soldiers in the landforces

Paratroopers (armed with LIV )
Light infantry (armed with LIV and APC)
Cavallery (armed with APC, IFV)
Tank troops (armed with IFV, MBT, AGM, MLRS and MEADS)

MBT:
Leopard IIA6M

IFV:
Puma (Mauser machine cannon (30mm) with AB-ammonation, KE-ammonation and HE-ammonation, each with two pipes for anti-tank PARS III rockets)

APC:
Boxer (also counted non APC-boxers: 120mm motar, TOW, 155mm artillery, medical, transport. anti-nbc, anti-aircraft rocket, anti-aircraft 30mm cannon)

Light Infantry Vehicle:
Dingo II

Aircraft:
Tiger (european apache longbow equivalent)
NH90 (middle transport helicopter)

Artillery:
AGM (self propelled howitzer with 155mm-cannon turret insetad of the rocket launcher, on a germanized MLRS vehicle)
MARS (germanized MLRS)

Air defence:
MEADS (middle-range missiles against aircrafts and missiles)

(I know that I didnt count some parts, this doesnt mean that they dont exist, its just not that important for me atm)

[edit on 14-5-2005 by Wodan]

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
In my opinion future land forces should primarily be infantry. The reason for this is modern weapons development which makes tanks and such easy targets for AT infantry. If we go to scifi terms I'd have to say that the game Star Wars Republic Commando has a pretty close to what I'd imagine. Troopers have a 'base' armor and such and each team has special troopers for AT, AA and such. Only vehicles I'd imagine are troop transports and air support.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
In my opinion future land forces should primarily be infantry. The reason for this is modern weapons development which makes tanks and such easy targets for AT infantry. If we go to scifi terms I'd have to say that the game Star Wars Republic Commando has a pretty close to what I'd imagine. Troopers have a 'base' armor and such and each team has special troopers for AT, AA and such. Only vehicles I'd imagine are troop transports and air support.

hm... you forget at this moment, that destroying enemy stuff by a tank is cheaper than by a missile or a flying bomb, and that we dont know how the developments in armour will change the protection level of tanks, we see the new developments with magnetical cannons and electro-thermical cannons etc. which are good and will be needed in future battles against the new armour!

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   
also if one side resorts to only AT and AA then the other will do so too.. theus completely negating the need for AT and AA in the first place..
AT and AA infantry get screwed by snipers and those equivalents..

Every force has a have a fine balance of all land units..

join