It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Hoagland - Not Credible

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Text GreenI have listened to Hoagland for some time and even read Dark Mission. I have found some of the stuff talks about interesting and though provoking.

~However I recently watched his Hyper dimensional election DVD that is now on Youtube. I have to say he has been caught up with this religious fervor that is surrounding Obama. He obviously did not listen carefully to the his speech or taken in much consideration of who Obama is selecting to be close to him to usher in this new world order. His tacit excuse is that Obama needs to do this to protect himself. My question is why is he making excuses for a politician?

Whatever will happen in 2012 is a best only speculative. In fact I feel that some this material is borrowed from Paul la Violette's research, but he carefully aviods mentioning his name. Of course I maybe wrong! All this has left me disappointed in the Hoagland.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
oh i totally agree. hoaxland is the worst thing about coast. science adviser? what a joke lmao

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

That's not entirely true. While it is true that metals and other materials can degrade very quickly given the right conditions it is not true that there will be no traces left.

SOME evidence will always remain. For example- most of the perishable artefacts of our past have been lost to time and yet we still have literally millions of pottery sherds, metal fragments, bone, stone, etc. Textiles- perhaps the most fragile relic of our past- have been known to survive over 1000s of years.

Now while it's true that not every flying machine from thousands/millions of years ago would have degraded in such a way as to leave evidence if it were true that flying machines and advance civilization/technology were ubiquitous on Earth before a major cataclysm there would be some form of evidence about this.

As archaeologists we can recognise the 'footprint' of metal objects that have degraded in the soil in which they rest. The minerals and components of the materials that the object was made of when it was last laid on or in the ground will remain present in the soil- nothing can be utterly destroyed.

We would see similar trace minerals and compounds in the soil that would betray the existence of these ancient civilizations.

And while I agree that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence given our obsession with the past I would wager that we would have found something by now.

And before I hear things like "But the archaeologists wouldn't be looking for it so they wouldn't notice it!" that's not quite true. I can say that in my experience we're actually very open minded people. We may come up with a hypothesis to explain something before we actually do the dig or the research, or even afterwards to explain and artefact that we can't quite place. But when we realise we're wrong because the science doesn't support our our original idea we will change our minds. Archaeology is a science led field and we don't just ignore good evidence because it doesn't fit our worldview.

*Note- I am an archaeology and conservation student at University and I have been on several digs but I am not yet a fully qualified archaeologist. I don't want to mislead anybody.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldEagle

What got me was his opinipons on Obama and Roosevelt. As in Roosevelt saved the country, and Obama may also. Ack! Makes me want to throw up.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by grizzle2

I'm not a Hoagland fan and I can't say I agree with him on hardly anything but I don't think his personal political opinions are an indication of his rightness or wrongness when it comes to his hypotheses about the universe.

Politics are highly personal and while politics often have a bearing on people's opinions on UFOs and alternative ideas about the universe/space I don't think that's true in this case.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Darklighter

When he says Obama is the new "American Pharaoh", and he may just "save our bacon" like Roosevelt did (HA!), I see a problem. A serious problem with logic, reason, and perception.

www.miraclesandinspiration.com...

"Obama's entire election is about making the hidden history of the human race finally unhidden," Mr. Hoagland surmised.

"I believe that Obama and his team are somehow part of that ancient mystery school tradition," he theorized by linking Mr. Obama to the Dogon tribe of Africa.

"Obama's entire education and his being proposed as President of the United States, just before the clock strikes midnight at 2012, is not accidental but is in fact, due to some very careful plans laid by this third force, that has been waiting for the appropriate time to bring someone like him on the world stage to introduce the real concept of change," he added. "This has been a plan for thousands of years."

LMAO. Meep meep meep. It's clear these opinions and his others, on space issues, are conjoined.

edit on 1-4-2011 by grizzle2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2011 by grizzle2 because: Additional info.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Richard Hoagland's hairstyle has a long story. While a young man he had a regular manly haircut. But after his first encounter with the "Mars Face" photo, he found similarities between haircuts, energy flows, and Albert Einstein (another haircut freak!). Eventually he had a revelation during the study of Hyperdimentional Physics, which concluded to a helmet like, concrete hairstyle. Eventually Hoagland proceeded to make an invisible hood, made of super strong invisible glass from Moon, that will keep his flawless hair form intact even in outer space. Nasa has calculated via laser measurements that deviation of Hoagland's hair from original form is only 1.11 percent. Occasionally he has used his Hair to intimidate informants, get martian girls, block high energy laser beams in self defense, and crack heads open when necessary. He received the NASA award for aerodynamic design in 2002 for his astro-archeological hairstyle.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldEagle

He has as much credability if not more than you have.

edit on 19-5-2011 by zookey because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join