It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentifiable Brown Oily Sludge Coming Out Of Ground

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
glad to hear it wasn't anything realy bad. the tree idea is a sound one, those suckers realy suck up the moisture.

tell your sons "good luck and have fun digging.
it gonna take awile.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Glad to hear it wasn't serious m8, and the weeping willow is not a bad Idea at all...

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Yes, I hear a Willow will soak up marshy areas. Definitely sounds like a possible solution.

Troy

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

My two sons are sooooooo happy they get to dig about 75 feet of drainage ditch.....lol

ROTFLMAO! Reminds me of my Dad when I was but a young buck

Glad you dont have to wear poopy suits just to go check your stil

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Think I saw something about a buried viscous liquid seeping to the surface on the X files once. If this is the same--They are out there.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmukWe have took samples of both the sludge, our water and the water from our lake and sent them to the county and state and are awaiting replies.

Take them to a university or even a contact some of the local high school chemistry teachers. They might be able to do some very simply tests for obvious toxins and oddities and the like.

Indeed, you could, in theory, perform some tests yourself, but this might be quicker and more effective and not invovle buying glassware and chemicals and whatnot.

edit to add
(no, i don't have to read a significant portion of a thread before I respond!
)

a mix of stagnant water and clay

Just for kix, the clay should settle out if you put it in a jar. Might take a while, but it will. Might be worth trying.

[edit on 3-6-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Not if it's bentonite. That stuff expands when wet into a gooey, slippery muck.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It could be a concentrated form of hell coming out of the ground, signalling the end times...

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Awhile back I found that we have something oily coming out the ground.It has no smell and when added to water it has a blueish film.Way way back when my grandfather lived here oil people came by and drilled but they either said it was too deep or too little.Not sure he passed away before I was born.I'm not sure how I should go about testing or where.We live on a Georgia farm that has been owned for many generations.Its not septic, there is no houses near it nor has there ever been.I know that grass doesn't like to grow in that exact spot but it is near a pond.We have had a dry past 2 yrs so I don't think it is backed up water but we do have lots of natural springs in this area and a pond isn't far from it.My family raise all differnet farm animals and I woiuld rather get it checked before letting them eat it.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
All jokes aside
Take a picture of the substance as its coming out of the ground ans post it.
At least we could have a visual besides hillbillies

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join