It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My trip to Groom Lake. And a possible sighting of the "Fastmover".

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Recently I went to Las Vegas with two of my buddies. Gambling whoooooooo! But we really went there to see Groom Lake.

I read many articles about a good viewing point called "Powerlines Overlook." The over look is high enough in elevation that it is very easy to pick up radio traffic coming from Area-51 and and crafts flying in the area.

After a difficult drive to the Powerlines Overlook, we had to hike and climb for about 2 hours to reach the position. It was about 6pm-6:30pm. My friend Paul, equipped with communications gear ( basiclly, using a laptop running WiN Radio & a reciever) setup. We instanly began to hear communication between A51 and a Janet airplane. Nothing spectacular. Ten minutes later the Janet liner took off, and away to Vegas. That was the last communications we heard for hours.

It was around midnight when communications began. We could hear that A51 was speaking with more than one pilot. That was our assumption. The three of us had a feeling that at any moment their would be action at Area 51.
Callsigns began to emerge with in the communications: Jacob 1, Theta 1 and Theta 2.

Taxiing permission was granted to the two Theta's. And at 12:20am two jets took off from Groom Lake. We knew that the Theta's were either F14's, F15's etc. The light postions made them look like air force fighters.

Communcation with A51 and Jacob 1 continued. The two Theta's just flew in large circles. Then we heard permission for Jacob 1 to take-off. At 12:26pm Jacob 1 took off. This craft was different, from our distance it was just a bright green light.

The two Thetas were communicating with Jacob 1 and the tower. We heard magic words come from the tower at A51 "Ok Jacob 1, we are ready. Start whenever." We started laughing in excitement.

The bright green light took off east and the jets followed it. The Theta's followed Jacob 1 for about 5 minutes when suddenly the green light just smoked the two jets. I'm no expert in aircraft speed but Jacob 1 had pace. The two Theta's had no chance in catching up.

I couldn't believe I was witnessing a test, a chase.

A51 kept asking Jacob 1 if he felt good. Jacob 1 kept just saying that he was comfortable.

The two Theta's both reported loosing Jacob 1 on radar, so did the A51 tower. Paul instanly said "Stealth, its gotta be." Jacob 1 kept screaming around the jets. The sound it made wasn't like the two Theta's. It sounded like an F1 racer at top speed. I know it couldn't be magnetic propulsion. Anyway using our binoculars we focused on Jacob 1, all we good see was a green light and a faint white light behind it. Probably the back of the craft. It was way too dark to notice any shape.

An hour past of the two jets and Jacob 1 racing through the skies and the tower commanded all three crafts to land. After that Jacob 1 asked the tower and the Theta's "Am I on?"
Theta (1 or 2) said "I have you on" and the other one said "Me too, I see you." A few seconds later A51 tower also said that they could see him. Paul, George and I assumed what Jacob 1 meant by "Am I on?" Was if he could be seen on radar. This must mean that Jacob 1 can turn stealth on and off.

At 1:30am the two Theta's Landed. Jacob 1 was still flying at extremely high speeds, then slowed down when it got near Groom Lake. Thats when we heard someone else speak, they said "The firefighters are ready for Jacob 1."
A51 said told Jacob 1 that they were ready for him to land. We were confused at why firefighters were dispatched. Jacob 1 told the tower that he began his decent.

The green light went behing the mountains and out of view. A51 tower said "Good landing, no fire" Jacob 1 laughed. The last of the communications was just taxiing, but what made us believe that it was the Fastmover was what the pilot said when he was taxiin. "It really is a fastmover."

Groom Lake went to sleep after that, we were jumping around and laughing that we had seen what we had seen. Now you're probably asking "Pictures or did you film it?" Maybe not or did we?

If any of you ever consider on going to Powerlines Overlook, I can email you the directions or do you all want me to post how to get there? If any of you consider going there, give me a shout, I'm up for it.

Take it easy everyone.
White Widow.

[edit on 14-5-2005 by White Widow]

apc

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I wouldnt expect pictures but you couldve atleast recorded the audio on that laptop!
I soooo wanna take a bunch of money and some toys out there sometime. Thanks for the tip.

jra

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Sounds interesting, if this was true (no offense or anything. Just that those of us that arn't able to witness such things will always have doubts). So if this was indeed true, it seems like it could have been that pilots first time flying the 'fastmover'. I guess the firefighters were out incase he messed up the landing. Now that I think about it. I remember about a year or two ago, there were reports of smoke rising from A51. Perhaps some one made a bad landing that time.

You didn't happen to record the audio at least did you?

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Sorry to say, we didn't record audio off the laptop. We recorded it in another "fashion" but it came out a little difficult to understand, but we were still able to get some details of the flight.

apc if you ever plan on going there go with a few people, take lots of food and water, a 4WD car its a mud/dirt road, be ready to hike and last it gets cold a night, really cold, you will be up in a mountain.

Jra good point about the pilot being new to the craft. A51 tower was did ask him many times how he was feeling. Also could explain the firefighters.

Once again sorry. Our fault. I plan in the near future to go again. I am always looking for people who also want to join me and my team. Or if you want directions to Powerlines Overlook to keep in your records I can email them to you.

Take care.
White Widow

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The directions to Powerlines Overlook. Enjoy.

The rugged 4.2-mile access road to this lookout point starts at Horneys Rest Stop (near Hancock Summit, between Hwy. 375 mile marker 38 and 39). Take the dirt road in the back of the rest area and keep left at the fork after about 0.7 miles. Then just follow the main road, which merges with the power lines, then leads along the lines up to the top of the ridge, where it ends at a level area right underneath the power lines. The last part has some steep climbs and definitely requires high clearance and a 4-wheel drive vehicle in good condition. It is not recommended in the dark or after heavy rains.

Horneys Rest Stop: N 37°26.372' W 115°22.614'
Powerlines Overlook: N 37°27.541' W 115°25.437' Elevation 5740 ft.

Take care adventurers,
White Widow

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by White Widow
The directions to Powerlines Overlook. Enjoy.

The rugged 4.2-mile access road to this lookout point starts at Horneys Rest Stop (near Hancock Summit, between Hwy. 375 mile marker 38 and 39). Take the dirt road in the back of the rest area and keep left at the fork after about 0.7 miles. Then just follow the main road, which merges with the power lines, then leads along the lines up to the top of the ridge, where it ends at a level area right underneath the power lines. The last part has some steep climbs and definitely requires high clearance and a 4-wheel drive vehicle in good condition. It is not recommended in the dark or after heavy rains.

Horneys Rest Stop: N 37°26.372' W 115°22.614'
Powerlines Overlook: N 37°27.541' W 115°25.437' Elevation 5740 ft.

Take care adventurers,
White Widow

what a totally awesome story
top banana!

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
theta's are F-15's, and "fastmovers" were confirmed to be "Birds of Prey" but the same source claimed BOP to be a "modified F-15" which is wrong. Bird of prey is a UAV so it wouldnt be talking to a control tower. so if you saw a fastmover then the fast mover isnt a BOP and if you saw something else then it wasnt a fastmover. Or maybe it is.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantompatriot
theta's are F-15's, and "fastmovers" were confirmed to be "Birds of Prey" but the same source claimed BOP to be a "modified F-15" which is wrong. Bird of prey is a UAV so it wouldnt be talking to a control tower. so if you saw a fastmover then the fast mover isnt a BOP and if you saw something else then it wasnt a fastmover. Or maybe it is.

We think it could be a Fastmover because of the pilot's comment. But what he also could have meant by "fast mover", is the speed that the craft had.

jra

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

The Bird of Prey isn't a UAV. www.boeing.com... It may be a test bed for things that will go into UAV's, but the BoP itself isn't a UAV.

EDIT: Oh yeah and thanks White Widow, for the location. I checked it out on the google maps site. Looks like a good spot. I sure wish I lived in Nevada. I'm sure i'd go on lots of camping trips to that spot

[edit on 14-5-2005 by jra]

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Jra, I looked into that crash at A51 you talked about earlier.
The date was 8/4/99, it happened in the evening hours. The first offical story said that it was lightning that had struck the mountain. But that solution posed a problem, the next morning there was smoke still visible. I wonder why nobody put it out? Anyway after that the story changed, they said that a B-52 bomber that took off from A51 had lost its extrenal fuel tanks shortly after takeoff which exploded on impact when it fell off the jet.

What I don't get is why did a B-52, which has an unrefueled range of 8,000 miles need extrenal tanks.

Unless its travelling across the sea or the country. Still...seems different.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
That must of been a very interesting trip. It certainly would of been better if you would of recorded the audio and were able to post it.
But fun, nonetheless. Something I'd want to do if I had the time and money.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra

The Bird of Prey isn't a UAV. www.boeing.com... It may be a test bed for things that will go into UAV's, but the BoP itself isn't a UAV.

EDIT: Oh yeah and thanks White Widow, for the location. I checked it out on the google maps site. Looks like a good spot. I sure wish I lived in Nevada. I'm sure i'd go on lots of camping trips to that spot

[edit on 14-5-2005 by jra]

my fault BoP is the morpher thing, UCAV was what i was thinking of. So he well could have seen a BoP. but i know from other reports and trips to A51 that thetas are F-15's

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Thanks for the tip on the Thetas Phantom. My assumptions were close.

I did some research on the BOP and it seems not to say anything about it having a bright green light. I wonder why this one did. And what it could have been for.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Thanks for the tip on the Thetas Phantom. My assumptions were close.

I did some research on the BOP and it seems not to say anything about it having a bright green light. I wonder why this one did. And what it could have been for.

are you sure you even saw a fastmover? because being as they arent classified they have been moved to less classified NTS and california areas.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I meant my assumptions about Theta being F15's were close.

I only assume it was a "Fastmover" because of the pilots comment after landing. Aside from that, it could be anything. But that comment sticks out.

The another observation that was made, was that the stealth technology could have possibly been switched on and off by the pilot. Is that old news for stealth tech?

My team and I are still studying our findings. There is the possibility that it may have been a different craft.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
you cant really turn stealth off unless it is visual stealth panneling which was originally tested at area 51. but its impractical as of now because in away it would add to the radar crossection and lower the abilities of the plane. The technology needs improvement. i doubt the fast mover is still being tested there. usually projects get moved within months except for spyplanes usually. we have a lot of russian planes there ive seen a lot of russian olanes like mig 29's there. but they are united states ownded.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
www.dreamlandresort.com...
check out these they are all patented are any of these what you saw?

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
In '02 they claim to have also seen the "Fastmover". But they don't say anything about it having a bright green light.

Does anybody know of any craft which the engines create a high pitch tone when it's in flight? That could possibly bring my research closer to finding out what had really been zipping around Groom. We are still studying articles of secret craft and our findings to determine what it was.

And thanks to all of you who posted. With your help and knowledge my team and I are now realizing the possiblily that what we saw was a completely different craft from the "Fastmover".

Thanks to all.
White Widow

[edit on 15-5-2005 by White Widow]

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

In '02 they claim to have also seen the "Fastmover". But they don't say anything about it having a bright green light.

Does anybody know of any craft which the engines create a high pitch tone when it's in flight? That could possibly bring my research closer to finding out what had really been zipping around Groom. We are still studying articles of secret craft and our findings to determine what it was.

And thanks to all of you who posted. With your help and knowledge my team and I are now realizing the possiblily that what we saw was a completely different craft from the "Fastmover".

Thanks to all.
White Widow

like i said i doubt the fastmover is at groom anymore. Did you see anything similar in those patent craft you saw? high pitched sound is usually a characteristic of a small one engine jet.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Phantom I did some looking around, and found a "black project" craft that could possibly have been what my team saw.

The SHARC - Subsonic High Alpha Research Concept.
(www.dreamland.com - Black Projects - Other known projects) They got a damn nice convincing pic of the craft at NASA Langley Research Center.

It's way smaller than most one-man fighters.

It is said that its very possible that the craft could be in the testing process. It tops out at MACH 8. The craft that I saw out ran the two Thetas almost instanly.
As for the engines sound. The SHARC in a single engined jet, must be a large engine to reach MACH 8. They say the only thing strange it that the air intake which is located underneath the cockpit, seems to be too small for an engine that produces so much power.

We assume that it may not be as large as said. But rather two very small engines that could produce tremendous speed, so that the size of the craft can be reduced for better manuverability.

I agree with www.dreamland.com, of the way a craft with this speed would be needed. MACH 8 is probably mind bending in a craft thats half the size of an F15.

This could explain why firefighters were dispatched. If the pilot was new then A51 probably to precautions. A pilot flying MACH 8 craft for the first time might be a little "rusty."

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join