It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open borders proves war on terror is a fraud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I think this is THE thing that shows how fake the war on terror is.

This is one issue where I see people who regularly disagree on this site actually come together with a similar view. And no, I'm not talking about the idea that open borders proves the phony WOT, I'm talking about most people being against open borders. Consider this...

September 11, 2001, we have the biggest terror attack on US soil, ever. Our leaders talk about taking down those who are responsible, maintaining our security, and preventing another attack. This all sounds great, but actions speak louder than words.

The actions seem to show something else. From the crackdown on civil liberties and the alienation of Muslims who had nothing to do with it to the border situation, something smells funny here.

Think about it. Our leaders, in response to 9/11, urge us to give up some freedoms and put up with the "post 9/11 world." This means getting fondled, er, searched at airports, accepting the PAs, putting up with more antagonistic police, ect. They don't do one BIG thing that would actually help: secure our borders.

You would think that, after 9/11, we would have extremely tight borders to keep out al-CIAda, er, al-Qaeda. I mean, if we are constantly reminded of 9/11, why aren't our borders secured in our paranoia? The govt even ADMITS that terrorists could possibly cross the border easily, but no, we don't secure it. It comes to regular citizens going to the border to do the job that the Border Patrol isn't doing. What a shame.

To me, this is THE smoking gun that something is very wrong here. It also seems to wake up more people than stuff such as govt invovlement in 9/11, torture events, and the war in Iraq. People who laugh at those who hold alternative views on these things are actually with the "conspiracy nuts" when it comes to open borders. Hopefully, this could be the one issue that breaks this whole thing wide open.

join