It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found alien life! (or at least I think so)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I think i got a wow signal! It was right at the start of a new workunit, and there wasnt much power, then at the middle of the frequency there was a gaussian. It was bigger than the wow signal example in time, but nevertheless...

I do believe I have just helped prove alien existance.

So at the moment I'm trying to finish the workunit...

[edit on 14-5-2005 by Elija Black]

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Excuse me?

Can you explain this a bit more in-depth?

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Which part?

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Here you go Amuk, here is some information about SETI and this forum:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can also click on the SETI@home forum to see more information.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elija Black
Which part?

you can start with the part after "I think"....LOL

How do you know you have discovered Alien Life.

Thanks Jamuhn

[edit on 14-5-2005 by Amuk]

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Maybe if you had an idea about S.E.T.I. then you might know. If so, why are you in the S.E.T.I. part anyway?

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I wonder how many pages this will span and nothing turning up.

(jaded)

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Maybe if you had an idea about S.E.T.I. then you might know. If so, why are you in the S.E.T.I. part anyway?

S.E.T.I.

Search for extraterrestrial intelligence

I was just asking how you knew you found alien life. I am not being a smartass here I am truly interested in what you have found and how it proves alien life.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Please post your entire findings to ats and the world and you will be the most famous person on earth. That is if you are telling the truth.
If you actually found alien life with seti you would be typing just a bit more

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
www.planetary.org...

Look at the picture/film on there. Thats what I got.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I would also like to know what leads you to conclude that this data blip is indeed of extraterrestrial origin?

I have seen many spikes in my SETI, but as far as I know, none of them have ever provided evidence of the existence of alien life forms.

Please explain further.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
print screen IRL?

PS: still standing by original post (can't help it)

[edit on 14-5-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Our second assumption is that the signal will be focused on a very narrow frequency band. This is because a wide band signal is unnecessarily wasteful in energy that could be better used to enhance the strength and range of the signal: the wider the frequency band, the weaker the signal. In addition, a narrow band transmission will be easily recognized as artificial, as against a naturally occurring signal. No known natural radio signals are narrow band.

Its on the link...

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
If you actually found alien life with seti you would be typing just a bit more

Well, this was some time ago. I made a post about it, but no one replied.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hi Elija, wow I haven't been in the seti forum for ages, I've really neglected the threads here, but I still run the programme and I'm closing in on my 3000th WU.
When you say that you have seen something like the famous WOW signal in the graphics of your seti screen saver, did you actually see the peak in the form of a bell shape , as in the link that you gave us? I have quite often had large peaks in my work units, but unfortunatly they have always been more like the images that can be found here in this link
setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu...
which although looks impressive is down to radio interferance.
I know the first time I saw this my heart lept into my mouth, and I was gutted to find I hadn't found ET

The next time you see anything interesting , hit the print screen button and paste it into paint as a record.
If you did ever find anything , I'm pretty sure that SETI send you notification , so I think you may be unlucky this time I'm afraid, but you never know I could be wrong!

[edit on 14-5-2005 by pantha]

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
As I said, I haven't finished the workunit yet, so when that is done, they will know.

Hmm. Looking at those, maybe it is a false alarm. It definately was a gaussian though, not a constant signal. But yeah, more than 12 seconds means either terrestrial or mobile source. I hope its the latter though.

I think I'll shut up now and see if I can delete the thread. Don't want to get everyones hopes up...

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
So you do not actually have a record to show us of this find, you're just saying it was what's in the link?

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I said it was the same, only a bit longer. As pantha explained, it could be false. Seems he/she is one of the only people who actually knows what I'm talking about.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
hey don't worry, I thought I'd found an alien signal too when I first saw one of those huge peaks, I even posted about it in this forum , I've since deleted the image though so I didn't link you to it in my last post.
I don't think the thread needs deleting as it serves a good purpose in making people aware of what can crop up in the graphics for a work unit. Perhaps an edit of the title to 'correction, I thought I found alien life' or something like that would be the best way to go.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Sometimes humans focus too much on one thing and can end up thinking they see something that may not be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join