It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

InternetII on it's way?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The government, itself, is not above its own manipulations with the detested Internet. A computer expert, working for a government contract firm in California, has sent us a long paper on the “Internet II” program which in essence is an FBI operation. This will set up “a new Internet system” that is very “user-friendly” and “regionally located” to permit users “quicker and more efficient” Internet access. Whey they do not tell you is that the FBI itself will run this system which will give them complete internal control over any and all subscribers. In essence, our informant advised us, it would be the same as using the .....
www.rense.com...
Baloria

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I don't know what you're talking about, but there something called internet2, with a website at internet2.edu . Basically, it is a consortium of universities, who are all connected to each other via high speed internet connections. These high-speed connections are only used to route internet connections between these various univeristies. Researchers have used these highspeed connecctions for various purposes. However, I think the biggest use of this network is probably college students running P2P applications.

Before you start thinking they are going to limit the bandwidth that normal people have to the internet, I'm not so sure. I have seen recent articles about how there is still a glut of unused bandwidth. Although, South Korea has much bandwidth available to its citizens than in the US. If anyone is limiting access to the internet, it would be carried out by the telephone and cable companies.

At the moment, the US has enacted policies, which are allowing very few companies to monopolize the endpoint tellecommunications infrastructure. If more bandwidth were allowed, it would probably be easy for all Americans to have streaming video over their internet connection. If this were easily feasible, it this became widely available this could potentially dent into the brodcast market.

However, bandwidth is expensive, and it would be hard to startup something like this. Although, if everyone had enough bandwidth, I suppose something like this would be possible in pseudo-anonymous P2P manner. They could show pirated copies of popular TV shows, along with their news brodcasts.

new topics

join