It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jessica Lynch crap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Is this Jessica Lynch thing pissing you off as much as it is me?

I just watched something on TV that said Lynch got knocked out by an explosion or something and DID ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING except get captured. Meanwhile the other soldiers that actually got into a firefight with the enemy and got shot up aren't getting any publicity.
Yet this little country girl gets all the damn attention because she was in some staged, Hollywood-style rescue.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 11:30 PM
link   
the Army of Jessicas has a very powerful lobby.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 11:34 PM
link   
it's because it's a girl, i don't understand why if women fight for equality they want more rights, or they feel they should get special treatment, like a thing dedicated specially to them, i'm nto trying to be sexist here i think we should be equal i don't think that there should be like crazy feminists going around, nor do i thiink there should be macho dumbasses lol but anyways what was i talking about? oh wait i'm done

banjoe

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   
the odd thing is that they just wont let it die. they keep milking the damned thing like it's still worth something. for crissakes, it was a sham! big duh; just like the rest of the coverage in babylo- uh, i mean, iraq

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I guess they forgot about Shoshona Johnson. But I guess that's because she's not a little white girl....

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The consistent fact I heard was that her rifle jammed and she didn't get any (if any?) rounds off in the fight.
Her publicized rescue was bigger news than her IMHO.

This is the Army version of a Hollywood promotional tour and nothing more than a morale and retention/ recruiting tool.

I personally am sick to death of this and change channels anytime I see her face....so many died and were actually wounded fighting that this seems like a slap in the face to them. As for her being "white"....*See Hollywood*

Little Jessica was a Private (E2?) at the time and in a Maint. company- their mission is not to fight per say, but to fix.

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 05:10 AM
link   
It is still difficult to believe- even at this advanced stage in the world's decay -that the US would have persisted in this fatuous series of half-truths and downright falsehoods ( it's not even a good Comrade Ogilvy story- for readers of 1984): I suppose it may divert some attention fom the unholy mess that has been left there and the poor devils trying to be policemen and being murdered daily.

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 05:12 AM
link   
And everyone concerned appears to have forgotten the "amnesia": a medical first!

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 05:19 AM
link   
It's not bad enough that she's getting all the publicity....Women shouldn't even be in the military

Doesn't matter, was a bunch of Logistics anyways...probably never even thought they'd see a fight...

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 05:25 AM
link   
On a more serious note, it's because she lived...if she died or the spec. ops blew it...they'd have shut that story up in a heart beat, hell you'd probably never know she existed.

The media pays too much attention to the crap in Iraq...when our history in WW2 is far more real as far as heroism goes.

I'm not one to deny that our today's army is godly, but when it goes up against a bunch of windbags in turbans with outdated sand crusty weapons, how can we sit here and pat ourselves on the back?

That's like the school yard bully kicking some nerd's ass for his lunch money, then going up to some chick and saying, "Did you see that? I kicked his ass...I rock...let's go out baby..."

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I suspect, F-M, that it's precisely this massive imbalance that inspired some back-seat general to promote the story of the poor defenceless "girl". Alas for the combatants, because a bullet's a bullet,but the regular troops had little chance of acquiring "hero" labels aainst such puny opposition- at least in media terms

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I do think the Media took this and ran with it- I think the Military saw a "good" story to tell and reflect on the Army in a positive sense.

All the pomp from her hometown made me want to wretch at times. It was just so out of proportion to her(and if it had been a HIM it would make me feel the same) deeds. The Spec OPs guys will never get a peep of this and they were the heros!!

new topics

top topics

join