It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan Deny US Drone Killing (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Pakistan officials have denied US media reports that a senior Al-Qaeda suspect was killed on Pakistani soil by an unmanned US Predator drone. Several US media sources have claimed that Haitham al-Yemeni, was killed near the Afghan border, but Pakistan denies these claims.

news.bbc.co.uk
Haitham al-Yemeni has been under CIA surveillance, US television networks reported on Friday.

But the Pakistani information minister, Sheikh Rashid Ahmed, denied the reports that he had been killed in Pakistan.

"Nothing has happened in Pakistan. If something happened in Afghanistan, we don't know," reports quote him as saying.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Is this another showing of the US media getting on their high horse before proper confirmation from the military or is it the US working inside of Pakistan without the government knowing?

Personally i dont care, one more of Al-Qaeda's terrorists have been dissposed of which can only be good.

Maybe one day the US will even find OBL......Only a mere four years after they began their search. I find it strange how they can find Saddam hiding in a hole after a few months but cant find OBL after four years!!!!

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
My guess would definitely be that the government of Pakistan is trying to save face with its Islamic hard-liners. To them, the Americans flying in Pakistani airspace and firing missiles into sovereign Pakistan territory is just one step short of American troops being on the ground for operations in the country.

Whether or not the story circulating in the US Media is true, I cannot say for sure. What I can say with certainty is that Pakistan will continue to deny any US military operations that take place inside its borders in order to prevent the likely civil unrest that would follow such an admission. It's a delicate balancing act because the American people have to be convinced of Pakistan's support in the War on Terror in order to justify the hundreds of millions of dollars in aid as well as the sale of military equipment and weaponry to them. All the while, Pakistan cannot appear to its radical citizens to be a "tool" of the US. Hard to do in these days of the internet and satellite television news.

new topics

join