It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legal discrimination in Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   
JERUSALEM: Israel's parliament on Thursday passed a law that would force Palestinians who marry Israelis to live separate lives or move out of Israel, amid charges from human rights groups and Israeli Arabs that the law is racist.

The law would prevent Palestinians from the West Bank and Gaza Strip who marry Israeli Arabs from obtaining residency permits in Israel. The law is to be in effect for one year.

Israel's government contends that the law is necessary for security reasons, citing instances where Palestinians from the West Bank and Gaza have exploited their residency permits, granting them freedom of movement in Israel, to carry out terror attacks. The vote was 53 in favor, 25 against and one abstention.

full story

this is the sorta thing that makes it hard for me to respect israel as a free westernized nation. i can't see anything like this happening in rest of the civilized world. of course it's racist but childish as well. u can't punish a whole people for the acts of a few.

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
There is a post already made for this. Either A:No one answer this and use other one already made or B: screw it and waste bandwith.

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 02:20 AM
link   
A: its not in this section and it is a political scandal--its a law that was passed by an overwhelming majority in the israeli parliament that is discriminatory.

B: kinda incoherent but i will assume u mean the topic is a waste of bandwidth...while u are entitled to your opinion mr. lesser; might i suggest in the future if you feel something is a waste just click the back button and simply move on.

new topics

join