It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Jennings - Stricken With Lung Cancer, or .........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I wondered to myself for a couple of weeks, trying to decide if I should post my thoughts here or not. I finallay decided that the worst that could happen is either I get little or no replies, or that I get ones telling me how stupid I am. So, I can handle either, and the longer that I watch ABC, and don't even hear any of the other newscasters, etc...even mention his name, or how he's doing, I get wondering if either something even more sinister than lung cancer is going on, or if he is doing a lot worse than expected.

I decided to try to find out if any of you wonder at all about his abrupt discovery of his illness, immediate brief speach saying that he had cancer and would be back on whenever he felt up to it, then gone, gone.......

Of course, I've never been through chemotherapy, nor have I personally known anyone who has. knock on wood!. So, my imagination might have just run off. I hope that that's all it is.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I did'nt know he had lung cancer!
The poor guy, I hope he's alright.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Peter Jennings smokes like a chimney, has for years. I read stories of when he first started anchoring for ABC. During the commerical breaks, ol Peter would grab his pack, duck under the desk, and chain smoke as many as he could till he was on. He stopped sometime in the 90s, but started again after 9/11, though he wasnt ducking under desks.

Lung cancer is the reasonable outcome for smokers. My mom had lung cancer, and she smoked like a chimney too, in fact, I dont remember her not smoking.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Peter had hosted several documentaries before his diagnosis was made public. I'm unsure if he even knew at the time. BUT, it is very apparent he had extremely limited lung capacity. During the narratives, if you'll pay attention, he has kind of raspy breathing, and there are times he runs out of air before finishing a sentence.

It's sad...but apparently very true.

top topics

join