It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus want this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Jesus to me was a revelutionary...my question is this...did jesus ever ask for denominations and christianity in the first place?...did he ask for an all ruling church? i dont think so...but what do you think?

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vampcrow
Jesus to me was a revelutionary...my question is this...did jesus ever ask for denominations and christianity in the first place?...did he ask for an all ruling church? i dont think so...but what do you think?

He asked for people to come and put there faith in Himself for the remission of one's personal sins. He told those who came to faith through Him alone for salvation that they would part of the body of Christ(christian denomination of sorts) He told them to meet together to worship and not to forsake this. He told them to tell the truth about salvation found in Him alone to the ends of the earth.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
the details were not improtant... the message was. Jesus spent most of his time of ministry teaching the apostles the message and gospel which was only to be revealed to them after his death and resurrection.

A lot of the traditions of the hebrew chruch were folded into the Christian church. Even today Churches use the same blessings Moses used when the hebrews who had just crossed the red sea built the tabernacel.

Often people forget there are two churches. The is "The Church" which is the Church of all belivers past present and future. And "the church" which is the one people go to on sunday. Christ founded and built "The Church", later christians but the church as a place to privatly worship and gather. Of course I have been a part of church services that had nothing more then a tree stump used as a lecturn for the pastor, and grass in place of chruch pews. offerings were collected in a persons barrowed hat, and music was provided by our voices and a person with a beutiful strong voice leading us.

I figure if Jesus can be born in a barn, and used a feeding troph as a crib. Any thing beyond the Law and Gospel is just details

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
i believed that Jesus got eft over because of religion...he taught nothing but love and understanding...and still people hate his history because of religion...............? that kills me sometimes

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   

i believed that Jesus got eft over because of religion...he taught nothing but love and understanding...and still people hate his history because of religion...............? that kills me sometimes

He taught that the only way to God is through Him. He also said this would offend some because they would refuse to believe it. It would cause people to be faced with the truth and then they would have to make a choice. He also said following Him would not be the "popular" thing to do but the ones who do choose Him would know they are right.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The way of life jesus taught dealt with a personal relationship with God and himself. Others have found religion is a great way to gain power and rule over people

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I kept thinking...spelling error? Did he mean "Left over"?

ok
Your right. Jesus knew what would happen tho. People today think that saying 'Im christian" means you are of Christ. Jesus isnt getting eft over...people are.

Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Jesus knew what was coming.

2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2Th 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
2Th 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

All we can do is preach it and teach it.
You can lead a man to Living water...but you cant make him accept eternal life instead of the fire

new topics

top topics

join