It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. says Serbs still in denial over war crimes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Err does this pic ring a bell?
www.gva.be...

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The Serbs slaughtered Muslims?

Maybe the Serbs knew something we did'nt...Perhaps they were being attacked by the "religion-of-Peace" and they acted to save their land and heritage.

I read that over 70 Orthidox Christian Churches have been blown to peices by the peaceful Muslim Albanians......not just burned to the ground, but blown to peices by powerful explosives. These churches survived over 500 years of Turkish occupation, but could not last 2 months under an international occupation of over 50,000 troops.

Maybe we shoulda let the Serbs finnish off the Muslim Bastards....Maybe we should backed them up!!! America stabbed the Serbs in the back. The Serbs helped us in WW II, while the Albanian Muslims wore Nazi uniforms.

We shoulda sent heavy weapons to the Serbs and let them clean out those Albanian bastards.

Maximu§

[edit on 053131p://333 by LA_Maximus]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
blablablaxyz, you keep mentioning Kosovo and situation there.

What is your view on genocide in Bosnia?
Do you think that extremist serbs had anything to do with it?

The article posted in the first post of this thread states:

"Moore said less than half of Serbia's population believed that 7,000 Muslim men and boys were massacred in Srebrenica in 1995 by the forces of Bosnian Serb Army commander Ratko Mladic, despite the testimony of witnesses, graves found and even the admission of Bosnian Serbs."

Do you think it happened or do you deny that it ever took place?

Lots of evidence gathering remains. The figure of 7000 islamic fighters is ridiculed by some Serbs as being way too high for 48s work. Some say it's more...

The Safe Area of Srebrenica was used as a launch pad against the surrounding unprotected Christian Serbian lands. The figure of 1500 Christian Serbs massacred by the organized so-called muslim "suprise attack" is a FACT. Any beheading videos or any muslim "hero" bullet-in-the-brain video these lunatics released that affected the USA is nothing compared to the carnage that these "islamic freedom fighters" unleashed on the unsuspecting Serbian Christian towns that thought that this was a UN Safe area and that such a thing was impossible.

What followed ?

The Serbian soldiers basically "took no prisoners" in the aftermath.
Did they violate the Geneva Convention ?

Probably yes.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq

Germany, one of the first countries to recognize Croatia as an independent state, also sent military aid the our brothers in Croatia. Germany and Croatia are historical allies, and I thank Germany for doing so.

I heard from a German friend of mine that during the war in Croatia, Germany "secretly" contemplated sending troops to Croatia unilaterally to get the Serbs out. The idea of German troops invading scared some other countries because they were afraid that the Russians (who supported the Serbs) would feel abliged to get involved. These fears prompted the western powers to get more involved.

Not sure if all that is true though.

[edit on 18-5-2005 by Hajduk]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
The Serbs slaughtered Muslims?

Maybe the Serbs knew something we did'nt...Perhaps they were being attacked by the "religion-of-Peace" and they acted to save their land and heritage.

I read that over 70 Orthidox Christian Churches have been blown to peices by the peaceful Muslim Albanians......not just burned to the ground, but blown to peices by powerful explosives. These churches survived over 500 years of Turkish occupation, but could not last 2 months under an international occupation of over 50,000 troops.

Maybe we shoulda let the Serbs finnish off the Muslim Bastards....Maybe we should backed them up!!! America stabbed the Serbs in the back. The Serbs helped us in WW II, while the Albanian Muslims wore Nazi uniforms.

We shoulda sent heavy weapons to the Serbs and let them clean out those Albanian bastards.

Maximu§

[edit on 053131p://333 by LA_Maximus]

I dare you to go to serbia with a usa flag on your shirt and see what happens to you. We albanians are the most pro american country in europe(google it). But, since we are "muslim" we get lumped in with the extremists, as if we really give a rats ass about religon in the first place(you can google that too). I'm sick and tired of hearing these clueless fools, who get their info from cnn, talk about how they think the serbs were the victims in that war. The serbs were kicking Albanians out of their homes, killing the fathers and grandfathers of innocent children, and raping women and teenage girls. And yet, you think America should of helped the serbs instead of Albanians. Have you ever been kicked out of your house LA_Maximus? Was your father shot from point blank range in his head? Has your mom or sister been raped? No? Then shut your ass up and stop posting about things you have no clue about!

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
This what the serbs did(warning graphic images)
www.kohaditore.com...

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Very sad fu1982. Luckily my family was able to get away from most of it. I only lost one cousin, but alot more were shot at and almost killed. Luckily some of my muslim cousins were able to escape to sweden.

Hajduk yes I think that is true. Russians love serbs.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
fu1982, if your bad enough to shut me up, than make a move.

Muslim Albanians are blowing up Christian Orthidox churches and reverting back to their Muslim heritage of killing anyone around them thats different. The Serbs are our brothers and we stabbed them in the back by supporting the Albanian Muslims....The degenerate Clinton and that Hag Albright will one day pay for their crimes.

Albanian Muslims were killing Serb police officers and we took the side of the Albainians...and what do the Albanians do in return?? They Blow up Christian churches....looks like we chose the wrong friends.

Look at Indonesia, last week they were rioting in streets of Jakarta because of the stupid Koran in the toilet....we fed and clothed those Morons during the flood and what do I see them doing last week??

They were burning our American flag in the streets.......typical Muslims.

Maximu§

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Heres the lousy Link. Read it and Learn!! Let it sink in.....and for all you Europeans in here, this scene is coming to your neighborhood soon. I hope your Kids and Grand-kids still know how to fight.

www.maknews.com...

and heres a high-light for all you people too busy to read the whole thing

-This brought the number of Orthodox Churches destroyed or damaged since NATO and the UN occupied Kosovo to 112. This has been an unprecedented act of genocide: The planned and systematic destruction of the Christian history of Kosovo-Metohija under US/NATO/EU sponsorship.

Maximu§

[edit on 013131p://444 by LA_Maximus]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Maximus if youre gonna try and be smart and insulting you could at least do your homework properly. Why dont you google Vukovar or Brcko and see what the serbian paramilitant formations were doing there way before Kosovo ever happened.

I wont even try to argue here, you are way out of your league.

(edited offensive comments)

[edit on 5-19-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Americans are always welcome in Christian Serbia. We have Yanks playing in our basketball leagues. Last summer were Metallica playing n Belgrade or Islamic Albania ? Take a wild guess.

The difference is that we in Serbia despise Clinton-Albright-Holbrooke but we don't hate America as a whole and never have historically.

Now why were Albanians wearing SS uniforms 60 years ago ? Fashion statement ?

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hajduk

I heard from a German friend of mine that during the war in Croatia, Germany "secretly" contemplated sending troops to Croatia unilaterally to get the Serbs out. The idea of German troops invading scared some other countries because they were afraid that the Russians (who supported the Serbs) would feel abliged to get involved. These fears prompted the western powers to get more involved.

Not sure if all that is true though.

They wanted to send the troops to Bosnia too.
Even during communism Germany had very good ties with Slovenia, Croatia and Bosnia. A lot of season workers went to Germany to work there during the summer, german companies had good ties with the industry sector of former Yugoslavia. My dad was one of the bosses in one bosnian factory that did a lot of business with germans for decades. When it was clear that the war is imminent, a lot of german businessmen pressured their goverment to do something. The germans appealed to the UN, NATO, USA, to try to stop the war but nobody listened.
It was a lot of bad luck involved there, since americans were fuly engaged in the Gulf War with their allies, so minor insiginificant countries like Croatia and Bosnia were at that point not important.
Germans were not allowed to take any unilateral actions. The only thing they could to was to push UN to recognize Croatia and Bosnia as independent states, so that we then legaly have right to defend ourselves, buy weapons and stuff, in case Serbia attacks. As long as we were a part of Yugoslavia, everything was treated as internal conflict and the only army was the yugoslav army which was already under full control of Slobodan Milosevic.

Apart from the economic factor, the germans were also very much worried about the genocide that seemed to be unfolding in the Balkans. Again, alone they couldn't do much.

By the start of 1995 the situation got so bad, that the European Jewish Congress started openly talking about the horible events taking place in Bosnia and I guess they know a genocide when they see one. Simon Wiesenthal personaly went to Clinton to try to convince them to intervene, that there is a horrible Holocaust repeating in Europe and nobody cares. Too little was done to stop Milosevic and his butchers.
Imagine that, the genocide was so bad, that the jews put themselves on the side of Muslims. That doesn't happen often.
(just joking a bit with sterotypes there, the Wiesenthal story is true though)

Bosnia traditionaly had good relations with jews. Sarajevo was one of the rare european cities that welcomed them. I think that the first jews came around 1500, after their expulsion from Spain. They were treated with respect and as equals by muslim and christian population in Bosnia. We then refused to participate in holocaust during WWII (unlike extremist serbs and croats), some muslim families saved jewish families by hiding them or telling germans and serbian cetnik troops they were muslims. One of my friend's family did that, they even got some kind of medal for that. After the war started in 1992 that same jewish family saved my friend's family and got them out of bosnia to Italy, where they live now.
I guess they returned the favor.

The conflict in Bosnia was very complex and it streched on so many levels. I could fill books and books with stories of survival, suffering, stories that were never told in the media.

People like LA_Maximus here (just look at his posts), tend to lump all Muslims together into the same group of blood thirsty, jew-hating, america-hating savages. The real life is very very different from that dumbed down version.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   
We should all be ashamed of what happened in balkans wars in the 1990's.
Every side has a dark cloud above his head.

My mother is Croatian and my father a Serb. I live in Slovenia. Half of my family fought on croatian side in Croatia and Bosnia&Hercegovina the other half on serbian side. Cousin killing a cousin, neighbour killing a neighbour. 3/4 of my family is scatered aroud EU, USA and other coutries around the world. Some of them lost a house, an arm, a leg, a family member and their lives defendig some stupid ideals of great national coutry (Croatia, Serbia etc.) If I ever get married I would have to bring UN-forces to my wedding just to keep it safe. Once proud people walk around with their souls torn and prostitute themselves for a dollar or euro. Everywhere I go people quietely labels me (For Slovenians I'm from the South (chefur), for Croats I'm Serb, for Serbs I'm Croat) but noone looks at me as a normal human beign.

I think we should all except collective blame and make a peace with ourselves and others so the healing can begin.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus

Learn history before you speak.

"Meanwhile in occupied Serbia a similar campaign was carried on under General Nedich, who operated concentration camps for Jews, non-Serbs, and his Serb political opponents on behalf of his German overlords. The first experiments in mass executions of camp inmates by poison gas were carried out in Serbia, which became the first Nazi satellite in occupied Europe to declare itself "Judenrein" ("cleansed" of Jews).Gen. Nedich's Serbian militia forces, which played a key role in this task, outnumbered both German security forces and resistance fighters within the wartime borders of Serbia.

Many Serbs who despised Gen. Nedich for his readyness to serve the Germans joined a Serbian nationalist resistance movement, popularly called the "Chetniks" and headed by another royal Yugoslav army officer, Col. Drazha Mihailovich. Though initially supplied by British airdrops, Mihailovich soon stopped fighting the Germans as it became clear that every resistance attack on a German soldier or unit would be followed by savage reprisals against the Serbian civilian population. Thereafter there was little anti-German guerrilla activity within Serbia proper, as the Chetniks turned their attention to "safer" targets more in line with their nationalist ideology, which envisioned an ethnically pure Greater Serbia.

"Cleansed" of all non-Serbs, Gypsies, Jews, and traitors to the cause, this pure Serbia of the future was to extend beyond Serbia's current borders to embrace all of Bosnia-Herzegovina and much of Croatia. In pursuit of this vision, Mihailovich's Chetniks launched their own "ethnic cleansing" campaign in Bosnia, aimed at "undoing" the work of the Ustasha by killing off Croats and Muslim Slavs in order to tilt the ethnic balance in favor of the Serbs. Bosnia became a killing ground, as bands of Serbian Chetniks, the Croatian Ustasha, local militias, German and Italian occupation troops and the Communist Partisans vied with each other in terrorizing various segments of the civilian population

www.kakarigi.net...

It was later in the war when Tito's anti-fascist multi-ethnic partisan forces were formed, that the extremist serbs switched sides and stopped killing all non-serbs.

The nationalist tendencies slept for over half a century until they were awakened again by Milosevic&Co.

[edit on 19-5-2005 by paperclip]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   
The only point that is certain is that what happened in the early 90's was wrong, and I hope it never happens again. I was totally for the war at the time, and in the U.S. Army in Germany. I used to wear my Bog i Hrvati shirt around, and say Hrvatska mora biti slobodna, and such. Right before the war broke out, I had plans to see relatives in Gospic, but the army cancelled my leave. Now I have to wait until the next time we go to my wife's family in Germany, until I can go to Croatia.

Once again, what happened in Kosovo is a totally seperate issue. The Serbs were in the right in that conflict. I started a thread about it a while ago. More here..

Kosovo to Serbia the same as Texas to America

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Roots, Bloody Roots

The Ottoman Empire started its westward expansion into the European continent in the middle of the 14th century. Its first significant opponent was the young Serbian Empire, which was worn down by a series of campaigns, notably in the Battle of Kosovo in 1389, in which the leaders of both armies were killed, and which gained a central role in Serbian folklore as an epic battle and beginning of bad luck for Serbia.

For all to see, how deep the roots go.

There have been wars in the Balkans since before the start of recorded history. Since the area has been referred to as the Balkans, notable conflicts have included:

* The long conflict between the Ottoman Empire and the Austro-Hungarian Empire.
* The Serbo-Bulgarian War (1885)
* The Balkan campaigns of World War I (1914–1918)
* The Balkan campaigns of World War II (1940–1945)
* The Yugoslav wars (1991–1995)
* The Kosovo War (1996–1999)

Balkans is a very turbulent place in Europe, and was always "testing ground" for the Imperial Superpowers, such as Ottoman Empire, Austro-Hungarin Empire, German Empire, Italian Empire, French Empire, English Empire, Russian Empire - well just about EVERYBODY in the Area! Because everybody know what BIG strategic importance Balkans represent - it is a passage between Europe and Middle East. And that passage must be under control. Who care if the people of this land kill each other every 100 years, as long as "they" are in the Power.

Yes there have been many, many dirty wars - fought by ALL sides.

During First World War, in the Balkans brother was killing brother, and in the World War II, the same story happened all over again - its a classical Empire approach to a situation: DIVIDE AND CONQUER. Thats how you do it, to keep control. Thats why the plan of Nazi germany and of Fascist Italy was to split the country of Yugoslavia in half, by bringing up "old wounds". Same story happened in Every country in Yugoslavia, not just Bosnia and Croatia: also in Serbia, and in Slovenia - here there were the Fascist italian White Guard - Black Hand paramiltary formations, that slaughtered and murdered thousands of civilians that supported - or did not - the Partisans. These bastards, that were Slovene people - killed my grandfather on April the 1st 1945 in an ambush, because they knew they were loosing the war, and wanted to take as many innocent people with them. How do I forgive grandson of this guy that Shot my Grandfather, and left my Grandmother alone with 3 kids?

Tito was the Only guy, that could Hold Togather these Nations and Nationalities.

When He died, everything just falled apart. With him died also the Idea of a United Yugoslavia.

Then came in the Wolfs in Sheep's Clothing...

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Good goony goo-goo, Gus; this thread is a perfect example of why it's best that different groups and cultures do little more than visit each other on vacations!

There needs to be some topic-related humor injected!

www.big-boys.com...

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by blablablaxyz
Now why were Albanians wearing SS uniforms 60 years ago ? Fashion statement ?

Cause the nazis hated the Serbs, whom they thought unter-menschen, under men, a slave race, and because the Serbs were favoured by the Russians and Soviets. A close call tho, since the Serbs were nationalists when nationalism was a new movement. Of course, since that meant that they were fighting the AH Empire, I suppose germans in general might not've supported them.

So the Muslims were working with the Nazis because the Serbs didn't have an oppurtinity, as much as anything else. Besides, whats it matter, the Serbs became just like the Nazis when they tried to exterminate the Muslims in their country.
Its one of those pot and kettle situations. Every ethnicity in the balkans is guilty of crimes against humanity, upon each other. Using the past horrors to justifiy, or in this case deny, previous ones, is silly.

Everyone knows what happened in the balkans war. The serbs rounded up and executed masses of bosnians. The muslims executed lots of serbs. The croats and everyone was to blame. Everyone was killing everyone else. Now people pretend it never happened. Your peoples (everyone here since apparently the whole of south east europe is represented) are going to do it again, and you peoples will continue to do it until one or a few of the ethnicities are utterly obliterated, and there is no reason to think its going to your (whether its a croat, slav, slovenian, srb, kosovar, etc reading this) people aren't going to be exterminated.

souljah
Roots, Bloody Roots

Sepultura effing rules.

[edit on 19-5-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq

Once again, what happened in Kosovo is a totally seperate issue. The Serbs were in the right in that conflict. I started a thread about it a while ago. More here..

Kosovo to Serbia the same as Texas to America

Way to go, nathraq.
I agree it's a separate issue.

And yes, the ancient churches were blown up by the muslims.
And Serbs were cleansed out of Kosovo under the watch of international occupation force.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

souljah
Roots, Bloody Roots

Sepultura effing rules.

[edit on 19-5-2005 by Nygdan]

Sepultura is the bomb

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join